Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CableMod 24pin cable doesnt fit to PSU

Djesur Feim

Hi guys

So i purchased cablemod cables for my pc and while test fitting foumd out that the psu slot doesnt match. 

Thanks 

Just now, Djesur Feim said:

Hi guys

So i purchased cablemod cables for my pc and while test fitting foumd out that the psu slot doesnt match. 

Thanks 

Did you buy it for the right psu?

I may be wrong.

and the question? 

Rig 1: i7-9700k OC'd to 5.0ghz all core | EVGA XC RTX 2080Ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | ASUS PRIME Z370-P | Asetek 550LC 120mm | ADATA 480GB SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB | Cooler Master Masterbox MB500 | Win 10 Home | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, G502 Proteus Spectrum, G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless Limited Edition, Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad | 2 MSI Optix Curved 27" FHD Monitors 

(before i sold the WD drive and MSI gpu - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11946219 171 gaming. felt good.)

Rig 2: i7-7700k Stock clocks | MSI Armor GTX 1070 | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8GB | MSI Z270 A-Pro | WD Green 240GB SSD & 2TB Seagate HDD | Thermaltake Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition | Win 10 Home | 2 HP Omen FHD 144hz 24.5" Monitors 

Rig 3: i7-6700 | GT 730 & GT 645 OEM | Some random DDR4 2133mhz 2x8gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | WD Black 2TB HDD & Toshiba 1TB HDD | Win 10 Home | 3 27" Dell FHD Monitors 

Rig 4: i7-4770 | EVGA SSC 1050ti | Some random DDR3 ram 2x2gb and 2x4gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | Stock Cooler | 1TB WD Black HDD | Win 7 Home 

RIP 

Rig 5 (dead and dismantled and sold) : i7-7820X OC'd to 4.8ghz all core | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | Gigabyte X299 UD4 PRO | Asetek 240mm AIO | WD Green 240gb SSD | Other various components that I can't remember

Rig 6 (same fate as rig 5) i7-8700k stock clocks | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8gb | MSI Z370 A-Pro | Asetek 550LC 120mm | WD Green 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB HDD | Other various components that I can't Remember 

Just now, TH3R34P3R said:

and the question? 

I know he didn't mention the question buts obvious why.

Jokes on your for not figuring it out.

:D jk

I may be wrong.

Just now, Altruist said:

Did you buy it for the right psu?

Yes Its for the Corsair's RM series

ok so, either they shipped you the wrong one (ive heard of it once) or it could be that the cable connector has a rough edge or something somewhere where it is catching up. 

Rig 1: i7-9700k OC'd to 5.0ghz all core | EVGA XC RTX 2080Ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | ASUS PRIME Z370-P | Asetek 550LC 120mm | ADATA 480GB SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB | Cooler Master Masterbox MB500 | Win 10 Home | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, G502 Proteus Spectrum, G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless Limited Edition, Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad | 2 MSI Optix Curved 27" FHD Monitors 

(before i sold the WD drive and MSI gpu - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11946219 171 gaming. felt good.)

Rig 2: i7-7700k Stock clocks | MSI Armor GTX 1070 | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8GB | MSI Z270 A-Pro | WD Green 240GB SSD & 2TB Seagate HDD | Thermaltake Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition | Win 10 Home | 2 HP Omen FHD 144hz 24.5" Monitors 

Rig 3: i7-6700 | GT 730 & GT 645 OEM | Some random DDR4 2133mhz 2x8gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | WD Black 2TB HDD & Toshiba 1TB HDD | Win 10 Home | 3 27" Dell FHD Monitors 

Rig 4: i7-4770 | EVGA SSC 1050ti | Some random DDR3 ram 2x2gb and 2x4gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | Stock Cooler | 1TB WD Black HDD | Win 7 Home 

RIP 

Rig 5 (dead and dismantled and sold) : i7-7820X OC'd to 4.8ghz all core | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | Gigabyte X299 UD4 PRO | Asetek 240mm AIO | WD Green 240gb SSD | Other various components that I can't remember

Rig 6 (same fate as rig 5) i7-8700k stock clocks | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8gb | MSI Z370 A-Pro | Asetek 550LC 120mm | WD Green 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB HDD | Other various components that I can't Remember 

1 minute ago, Djesur Feim said:

And the old cable is 28 pin is this even possible

3 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

It sounds an aweful lot like you bought cables for the RM, when you have the RMx. 

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

It sounds an aweful lot like you bought cables for the RM, when you have the RMx. 

Its rmi btw but i checked the list in their website

Just now, Djesur Feim said:

Its rmi btw but i checked the list in their website

The RM uses different cables than the RMx and RMi. The 24 pin is different, the others are the same. 

Which PSU do you have and what model number cables did you order from CableMod? Do you have a link to the cables you ordered?

The Corsair RM and RMx are different power supplies and use different cables. The RM uses the same cables as the AXi and HXi, while the RMx uses the same cables as the RMi. As @seon123 mentioned it's likely that you ordered cables for the wrong unit and they are incompatible.

https://cablemod.com/compatibility/

You can contact @CableMod for customer support or contact the CableMods support team on their website. https://cablemod.com/support/ I'm not sure what their policy is, but if you talk to them they may allow you to return the cables you ordered and exchange them for the compatible kit.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, TH3R34P3R said:

ok so, either they shipped you the wrong one (ive heard of it once) or it could be that the cable connector has a rough edge or something somewhere where it is catching up. 

So thats the problem.. there more slots on the psu than 24.. and the one half of the cable plugs in the other doesnt 

IMG_20181130_175624.jpg

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Which PSU do you have and what model number cables did you order from CableMod? Do you have a link to the cables you ordered?

The Corsair RM and RMx are different power supplies and use different cables. The RM uses the same cables as the AXi and HXi, while the RMx uses the same cables as the RMi. As @seon123 mentioned it's likely that you ordered cables for the wrong unit and they are incompatible.

https://cablemod.com/compatibility/

You can contact @CableMod for customer support or contact the CableMods support team on their website. https://cablemod.com/support/ I'm not sure what their policy is, but if you talk to them they may allow you to return the cables you ordered and exchange them for the compatible kit.

Ohh its my bad then.. my psu is corsair rm650i btw 

2 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

So thats the problem.. there more slots on the psu than 24.. and the one half of the cable plugs in the other doesnt 

That means you bought the wrong cable, or that the wrong cable got shipped to you. The type 4 on the RMx/i added Vsense wires, requiring more pins. So you got the Type 3 cables for the RM. 

4 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

Don't try powering the system on with the cable installed like that. Should go without saying, but you'd be surprised :D

Use the original Corsair cables while you sort out replacing the cables with Cablemod.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Don't try powering the system on with the cable installed like that. Should go without saying, but you'd be surprised :D

Use the original Corsair cables while you sort out replacing the cables with Cablemod.

Actually, the PSU will still work fine without the sense pins.  I've put Type 3 cables in Type 4 PSUs all the time.  You just don't get the lock pin securing the cable to the PSU.

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

No worriees.. ill never do that it can put more voltage to some places of the mobo

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

Actually, the PSU will still work fine without the sense pins.  I've put Type 3 cables in Type 4 PSUs all the time.  You just don't get the lock pin securing the cable to the PSU.

What if u give more voltage to some components of the mobo

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

Looks like it's sticking out a few mm from the connector due to the locking pin, won't that potentially cause issues if it's not properly inserted?

He should have the original Corsair cables that came with the unit so really no reason to use the cablemod cable until it's replaced...

40 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

What if u give more voltage to some components of the mobo

You're not making sense.

38 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Looks like it's sticking out a few mm from the connector due to the locking pin, won't that potentially cause issues if it's not properly inserted?

He should have the original Corsair cables that came with the unit so really no reason to use the cablemod cable until it's replaced...

I haven't run into that issue myself.  I can usually get the cable all the way in.

But yeah... if he has the original cable still, there's no reason he shouldn't use it until he gets the correct cable from Cablemod.

In my case, I had an over-abundance of Type 3 cables and needed to do builds with Type 4 PSUs, so I just made do with what I had.

@Djesur Feim it does appear you bought the wrong kit, email Support@CableMod.com though and we can get you the correct 24-pin ATX cable. That's the only one that actually needs replaced.