Front IO power button led not working

Stevin

Hi everyone I just finished building my computer but noticed that the power button led isn’t working. I noticed a similar forum post in the past 

However, I had the PLED the correct way. I also don’t know where the reset switch goes because it’s connected to a pcb. 

The hard drive led led works perfectly but the power led isn’t lighting up. Any help with be greatly appreciated.

My case is a cooler master H500M and my motherboard is a Asus ROG Z390-E

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Frontpanel connections are in your manual my dude. Pretty sure asus motherboards come with those Q-connector things as well. Kind of hard to mess up.

I used the asus manual to figure out which pins to plug it into. The power button works it turns on my computer perfectly. Just can’t get the power button led to work.

Just now, Stevin said:

I used the asus manual to figure out which pins to plug it into. The power button works it turns on my computer perfectly. Just can’t get the power button led to work.

it has a plus and a minus, is it the good way around? LED's are diodes, they only work one way.

24 minutes ago, Majestic said:

it has a plus and a minus, is it the good way around? LED's are diodes, they only work one way.

Yeah it’s the good way around. I’m thinking of unplugging it and restarting the computer then plug them in. Or even rotating the connections.

• 2 years later...
On 11/30/2018 at 7:18 PM, Stevin said:

Yeah it’s the good way around. I’m thinking of unplugging it and restarting the computer then plug them in. Or even rotating the connections.

Did you fixed it mate?

I Have the same problem now