About Steam os and WIN 10, How to install both WIN 10 and Steam OS and how to easly switch them???

TukangKopi
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

SteamOS was made so that developers starts making game supports for Linux.

It did not worked that well but it had some success, now the SteamOS is basicaly dead and Valve is working on Proton to make games run on Linux.

If you have Windows machine, there is no reason for you to do anything else but install Steam and use it normaly.

Is steam os worth to install for gaming purposes??  

11 members have voted

1. 1. SteamOS

• Worth It!!
    • Dont install it waste of time!!

i notice that minimum or recommended spec for a game with steamOS is little bit lower than win 10 min for a game, i don't really know are steam os faster while gaming or not??, are steamOS worth to install for gaming only purposes??

Most games aren't really optimized for Linux. If you already have Windows installed, I can't really see a reason to use steamOS.

8 minutes ago, TukangKopi said:

i notice that minimum or recommended spec for a game with steamOS is little bit lower than win 10 min for a game, i don't really know are steam os faster while gaming or not??, are steamOS worth to install for gaming only purposes??

Only if you play games that run on Linux and know how to troubleshoot and make things run on Linux. Performance is similar nowadays between Linux and Windows in games that are optimized for both. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

SteamOS was made so that developers starts making game supports for Linux.

It did not worked that well but it had some success, now the SteamOS is basicaly dead and Valve is working on Proton to make games run on Linux.

If you have Windows machine, there is no reason for you to do anything else but install Steam and use it normaly.