Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hitching in black ops 4. Anyone else experience this?

Just curious if anyone here has played black ops 4 and had a hitching issue that happens a few times a game, I get 90-120 fps steady on 3 screens and it runs very smooth except these strange little hitches. It almost always happens 99% of the time just as an enemy comes around the corner I go to shoot and it freezes for a second and I either jump to the death scene or just about dead, sometimes I still get the kill but not usually. The other 1% is just running along and I get a freeze for like 5 seconds which usually happens maybe once in 5-10 games it's very rare. But otherwise the gameplay is perfect and it never happens in single player, so what I wonder is what causes this and how do I fix it? If no one has ever had this and has no clue how to fix it then owell I will live with it or go to activision support. It is not that big of a deal for me and is more just of a curiosity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

As nobody has posted here yet, here's my perspective on it, as someone who has not played Call of Duty in 6+ years.

"It's an Activision title". They don't have a stellar track record for PC ports, and by the looks of a quick Google search, this one doesn't seem to be anything different. General poor performance is in the blood of Call of Duty for PC. This is where my vote is going to go as the cause of these issues.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Semper said:

As nobody has posted here yet, here's my perspective on it, as someone who has not played Call of Duty in 6+ years.

"It's an Activision title". They don't have a stellar track record for PC ports, and by the looks of a quick Google search, this one doesn't seem to be anything different. General poor performance is in the blood of Call of Duty for PC. This is where my vote is going to go as the cause of these issues.

Apperently this was supposed to have a version specficially designed for PC, but you are correct this is a very possible reason for the problem. I had considered that, In related news the new tomb raider is the best optomized pc game i have ever seen! Excuse my poor spelling I am so tired right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Apperently this was supposed to have a version specficially designed for PC, but you are correct this is a very possible reason for the problem. I had considered that, In related news the new tomb raider is the best optomized pc game i have ever seen! Excuse my poor spelling I am so tired right now. 

If I remember rightly, Advanced Warfare made the same claim "we care about PC gamers". Up, down, left, right, and center, it was plagued with performance issues.

Take whatever Activision's marketing department says about what was or was not done with a HUGE grain of salt. "we recompiled this game and launched it on steam (or, battle.net, now)" can be twisted to "Great time and care was taken to make sure we properly released this on PC for our dedicated core of PC enthusiasts"

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Just curious if anyone here has played black ops 4 and had a hitching issue that happens a few times a game, I get 90-120 fps steady on 3 screens and it runs very smooth except these strange little hitches. It almost always happens 99% of the time just as an enemy comes around the corner I go to shoot and it freezes for a second and I either jump to the death scene or just about dead, sometimes I still get the kill but not usually. The other 1% is just running along and I get a freeze for like 5 seconds which usually happens maybe once in 5-10 games it's very rare. But otherwise the gameplay is perfect and it never happens in single player, so what I wonder is what causes this and how do I fix it? If no one has ever had this and has no clue how to fix it then owell I will live with it or go to activision support. It is not that big of a deal for me and is more just of a curiosity. 

What are your system specs? I had an issue where it would microstutter on my old CPU but after I upgraded and did a little OC the game started running flawlessly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, iiMaagic said:

What are your system specs? I had an issue where it would microstutter on my old CPU but after I upgraded and did a little OC the game started running flawlessly.

7920x at 4.8ghz. No CPU issues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×