Should I get this monitor?

Hamface55

Anyone have any things to say about the LG 27GK750F-B 27"? Should I get it? Is there a better option for the price? I know it says that it is 2ms but I saw a video and when you turn off freesync you can get it to 1ms.

It's pretty expensive for 1080p, and what hardware do you have that can push 240fps. Unless you have a super powerful GPU and it is freesync, and the best AMD GPU can't get that high fps unless you want to lower settings.

Just now, Darpyface said:

It's pretty expensive for 1080p, and what hardware do you have that can push 240fps. Unless you have a super powerful GPU and it is freesync, and the best AMD GPU can't get that high fps unless you want to lower settings.

Well I have a 1060 so I was just gonna keep freesync off. Do you have a monitor you would recommend?

I don't think a 1060 can do anywher close to 240fps, so I would recommend a 60Hz or 75Hz monitor. This monitor is much cheaper and should be more suited to your hardware.

39 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

I don't think a 1060 can do anywher close to 240fps, so I would recommend a 60Hz or 75Hz monitor. This monitor is much cheaper and should be more suited to your hardware.

The framerate greatly depends on what he is doing. Playing a AAA 2018 game on ultra? Probably wont push 240 fps. CS:GO? Absolutely

Anything over 144Hz is a gimmick and not noticeable.

i7-7700k | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB 3100MHz | Prime Z270-AR