Corsair H115i RGB Platinum question

Hi guys,

Posting from work atm. I just had a question....

I just put together my new computer and i have the AIO in the title. My question is when i did a test boot powering on without my monitor.. Only 1 of the ML pro fans had RGB illumination on start.

So i thought hmm... i mustve screwed up on the wiring. I double check and watch the corsair how-to video on youtube. The platinum has 4 pin fan headers and fan RGB headers attached to the pump. I made sure

That fan 1 and 2 are both properly plugged in to their respective PWN and lighting connectors...ok. So i try another boot and now neither of the fans illuminate with lighting. Both fans spin, so i know they have power and are working, but no

LED's are automatically on at boot. So im wondering if anyone else has this AIO and provide an answer? Its weird because i saw 1 illuminate on the first boot, and then neither on the 2nd boot. Im going home to hook up a monitor, and install

windows tonight. The USB header is into my motherboard from the pump head, and yes the pump head LED's work and they look nice. So because i dont have an external lighting controller, could it be that the LED's need to be turned on/set in

the corsair software in windows?? 

9 minutes ago, Tall Gora said:

Could it be that the LED's need to be turned on/set in The corsair software in windows?

Most likely. It probably just needs to sense Corsair link or iCue running. If it was plugged directly into the MoBo they would light up on start up. Weird they don’t though

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

I have a Corsair h115i PRO, non platinum..as well as RAM RGB PRO sticks. Yeah Corsair is one of the best component companies out their but their software is straight trash. 

Icue/link mostly work for the RAM only and it chooses when it wants to be seen in eithers software. so I'm usually running my sticks at the same colors while my AIO does whatever it wants XD

29 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Most likely. It probably just needs to sense Corsair link or iCue running. If it was plugged directly into the MoBo they would light up on start up. Weird they don’t though

yea my brother has just the pro model, but he has a lighting node pro so yes his LED's were on from the first boot. Im thinking with this new platinum model controlling the LED's and fan from the pump head wiring, it may need the software.

25 minutes ago, DVA said:

I have a Corsair h115i PRO, non platinum..as well as RAM RGB PRO sticks. Yeah Corsair is one of the best component companies out their but their software is straight trash. 

Icue/link mostly work for the RAM only and it chooses when it wants to be seen in eithers software. so I'm usually running my sticks at the same colors while my AIO does whatever it wants XD

Aura ftw

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.