Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help or suggestions on Building My First PC

Im building my first pc, and after some months of research, asking for suggestions and coming out with a budget. Ive decided on a Ryzen 7 2700x, Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard, 16gb (2x8gb) to start of Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 Memory or G.skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200, But i can't Decide on a GPU ( I was thinking on the Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Dual ),  Asus Radeon RX 580 O4G Dual Fan GDDR5 or a Asus Radeon RX 580 8 GB DUAL.

 

The Case I already have is the Silverstone Redline RL06 ATX Mid-tower, that a Family member bought for me as a gift

 

The Build Is gonna be for Graphic Design, Animation, 3d modeling and Gaming, Any Help or Suggestion is Greatly appreciated!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2700x and 1060? It's meant for like a 1070 at the very least....

 

Downgrade the 2700X to a 2700 should give you room to upgrade to a 1070.

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I have never heard of that case and PSU, this should be better:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($179.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($180.24 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($249.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($127.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB Video Card  ($379.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1273.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-29 15:27 EST-0500

 

(also the case doesn't even have a price)

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I have never heard of that case and PSU, this should be better:

Ya, you're spending an extra $80, no shit it'll be better.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, r2724r16 said:

Ya, you're spending an extra $80, no shit it'll be better.

The case in LukeSavenije's one didn't have a price, therefore why this one is more expensive. Taking out the case price and the prices are almost identical

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I have never heard of that case and PSU, this should be better: 

the case was gifted (as listed in the discription in the op), the psu is pretty good, not as goot as the rmx, but stil pretty good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

the case was gifted (as listed in the discription in the op), the psu is pretty good, not as goot as the rmx, but stil pretty good.

I'm pretty sure a 650W PSU for 45$ isn't going to be high quality, regardless of being 80+ gold

I got the RMx since you don't want to spend little on a PSU unless you dont mind running the chance of frying your computer

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the case was gifted, the one without the cooler and RMx PSU is better, without the case

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I'm pretty sure a 650W PSU for 45$ isn't going to be high quality, regardless of being 80+ gold

I got the RMx since you don't want to spend little on a PSU unless you dont mind frying your CPU

well, if you think you know it that well, read this

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=464

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, if you think you know it that well, read this

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=464

The CXM PSUs are 8.7/10... When the CXM is better you know the PSUs aren't that good

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

The CXM PSUs are 8.7/10...

so? I know what i'm saying. not that it's a only choise, but the price seemed fine to me for that psu. You could get a hx1200i, but do you need it is the question? the cx series are great, so are the rmx, so are the capstone, and so are the g2, t2, or any tier 3 psu+ as they aren't cheaply built. anything below that is going to have crappy quality, old design, bad choises, cutted corners, big mistakes or are going to be a firehazard, like those diabloteks. but the capstone certainly doesn't belong in that list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

so? I know what i'm saying. not that it's a only choise, but the price seemed fine to me for that psu. You could get a hx1200i, but do you need it is the question? the cx series are great, so are the rmx, so are the capstone, and so are the g2, t2, or any tier 3 psu+ as they aren't cheaply built. anything below that is going to have crappy quality, old design, bad choises, cutted corners, big mistakes or are going to be a firehazard, like those diabloteks. but the capstone certainly doesn't belong in that list

Alright, it's fine then

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your budget? Don't get the 1060 if you are considering a 580. The 580 is better. 

 

But really you could just get a 2600 and a 1070 or 1070ti.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ausfernando said:

Probably the GTX1060 for gaming 

580 out performs the 1060 for less money. 

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

the max budget is $1700, most of it ill spend it in the CPU, GPU, motherboard and PSU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

What is your budget? Don't get the 1060 if you are considering a 580. The 580 is better. 

 

But really you could just get a 2600 and a 1070 or 1070ti.

the max budget is $1700, most of it ill spend it in the CPU, GPU, motherboard and PSU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

I can't change the case, this is the list i had

and i can't spend more that $300 per part (aside from the cpu)

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gmg9P3
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gmg9P3/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports Edition (Black/White) CPU Cooler  ($47.11 @ Newegg Business) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($299.00 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($159.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 5 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($200.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Dual Video Card  ($295.94 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Silverstone - Redline RL06BR-GP ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1700.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-29 22:47 EST-0500

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, alfredw13 said:

i can't spend more that $300 per part

Why? You are very limited graphically because of this.

 

Why are you spending 200 dollars on a single 5tb drive and then also two 2tb drives but no SSD???? That system will be slow as molasses.

 

The case you have is fine for anything ATX and smaller. You just want to make sure it has clearance for the GPU.

 

 

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

Why? You are very limited graphically because of this.

 

Why are you spending 200 dollars on a single 5tb drive and then also two 2tb drives but no SSD???? That system will be slow as molasses.

 

The case you have is fine for anything ATX and smaller. You just want to make sure it has clearance for the GPU.

 

 

Because I want to get the parts as soon as possible, since I live in Puerto Rico some sellers don't ship to here. I know it affects me to not spend more than 300 per part on the gpu, but since it is my first build I wanted to go a little easy. 

 

And the gpu max clearance on the case is 13"L x 6"W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alfredw13 said:

Because I want to get the parts as soon as possible, since I live in Puerto Rico some sellers don't ship to here. I know it affects me to not spend more than 300 per part on the gpu, but since it is my first build I wanted to go a little easy. 

 

And the gpu max clearance on the case is 13"L x 6"W

Well that's unfortunate. If that's the situation, you don't have to get anywhere near your budget cap. 

 

Go with the 580 because it out performs the 1060. Don't bother with the 2700x because you can just overclock the 2700 and get the samer performance. Why did you have mis-matching RAM in a weird total size? Why did you want to spend 300 dollars on a motherboard? Why did you have a 5tb drive and two 2tb drives with no SSD? 

 

 

 

 

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

Well that's unfortunate. If that's the situation, you don't have to get anywhere near your budget cap. 

 

Go with the 580 because it out performs the 1060. Don't bother with the 2700x because you can just overclock the 2700 and get the samer performance. Why did you have mis-matching RAM in a weird total size? Why did you want to spend 300 dollars on a motherboard? Why did you have a 5tb drive and two 2tb drives with no SSD? 

 

 

 

 

Oh on the ram I put both because I'm just gonna buy a ram kit of Corsair or G.skill since both are compatible with the 2700X, on the motherboard I was going with the Asus prime x470 pro, but them I started to read on some problems that "rookies" can have while setting the BIOS or getting to Post, ( so me being a little paranoid ?) I wanted to get a motherboard with a Q-code so if anything wrong happened I can know what it is.

 

on the cpu I'm not planning to overclock for now, but I like to have the option to do so later. On the hard drives I seriously didn't notice I didn't add SSDs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×