P106 NOW SUPPORT DirectX (Not Official)

SkySway

Now i installed new drivers sent by my vendor updating them with modified files from the file i got here, so i have now 417.22 installed.

How i make it work. i unistall my radeon and amd r7 card (iGPU) then i installed again and my amd becames GPU2 so before i had GPU0 (AMD) GPU1 (p106). When i reinslalled amd drivers i had GPU1 (p106) and GPU2 (Amd) After reboot they became again GPU0 (AMD) GPU1 (p106) but now i can select high performance with p106

Yippie!!!! but just one weird thing, after update the drivers I have OpenCl unchecked. Should be that a problem?

no cl.gif

hi,

maybe someone try to hackintosh or gpu-passthrough vm or whatever to make macOS work with that card?

if work i will consider buying one and it will be heell cheap ?

macbooks and all have problem like: flexgate (google it), all motherboard is soldered and make it unrealiable for replacement parts and it's very expensive to afford one.

one question, if my cpu doesn't have igpu, can I use another gpu as output instead?

4 hours ago, cuongvfc said:

one question, if my cpu doesn't have igpu, can I use another gpu as output instead?

I tried before like that but it doesnt works, but i i also had problems with iGPU so... maybe deserves a try.

You just need to modify the drivers to make this work no firmware mod needed. The next step is to enable nvenc.

23 minutes ago, kajeagentspi said:

You just need to modify the drivers to make this work no firmware mod needed. The next step is to enable nvenc.

who are u answered?

Hi guys.. i dont know what i did but it runs without testmode.. lunched fortnite without any issue..

fortnite.jpg

34 minutes ago, chrscrys said:

Hi guys.. i dont know what i did but it runs without testmode.. lunched fortnite without any issue..

---------------

Did you unistall and reinstall Radeon drivers? or just installed nVidia and Worked?

4 minutes ago, blancoro said:

Did you unistall and reinstall Radeon drivers? or just installed nVidia and Worked?

i install both.. both are running as you can see on my task manager
graphics 0 is my radeon

3 hours ago, chrscrys said:

i install both.. both are running as you can see on my task manager
graphics 0 is my radeon

I meant wich order did you install the drivers. I have the feeling that order could be the key

On 1/8/2019 at 2:17 AM, Tschyp said:

Thanx I missed that!

Meanwhile I figured out thanx to these:
Explains what should be changed in the inf file to make the driver work: https://github.com/gerdesi/NVIDIA_P106

Very detailed step by step description: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/51928224

And this poster had the same problem as me so I tried to clean any remaining nvidia stuff again and disconnect from internet: http://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=15790899&rand=559
I don't know if I did the right thing, but I edited the driver inf file and changed the hardware id part in it too. (Picture attached. Sorry for the moonlanguage) Also I had to manually install the gtx1060 driver from the driver pack via decive manager because nvidia setup installed the p106-100 automatically and I tought that's could be a problem... Maybe. I don't know what exactly made it work, but should be among them.
I think these urls could be helpful if someone meet the same difficulties.

I can't wait to watch the LTT video about this. 

Oh and another thing: nvidia control panel still didn't work. ("You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU")

It was a fun project.

tmp2.png.

Can you check if ffmpeg works ?
@Tschyp

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -gpu 0 -s 1280x720 -vcodec h264_nvenc output.mp4

On 1/21/2019 at 12:28 PM, blancoro said:

I meant wich order did you install the drivers. I have the feeling that order could be the key

oh.. its actually pretty straight forward this is what i did:
-download igpu driver on manufacturers website  and 416.34 modded
-*disable internet* and disable automatic download on device installation setting.
-set testsigning on and restart..
-ddu all your graphics driver in safe mode..
-install igpu driver and 416.34 modded driver 
-reboot and you are done.. 

i forgot to mention before anything else configure your bios
-disable secure boot by deleting secure boot key
-force igpu video output 

Edited by chrscrys

1 hour ago, chrscrys said:

oh.. its actually pretty straight forward this is what i did:
-download igpu driver on manufacturers website  and 416.34 modded
-*disable internet* and disable automatic download on device installation setting.
-reboot and you are done.. 

Then this should be the key of all

Mine works also when i did it like you said. i will add

----Uninstall iGPU

----Install iGPU drivers

6 minutes ago, blancoro said:

Then this should be the key of all

Mine works also when i did it like you said. i will add

----Uninstall iGPU

----Install iGPU drivers

good to know that it helps.. now im finding ways to force p106 as default graphics for all applications.. haha.. 

6 hours ago, chrscrys said:

good to know that it helps.. now im finding ways to force p106 as default graphics for all applications.. haha.. 

good luck with that!!! XD

I will try someday with my other computer with dedicated gpu without igpu

This guy has it detected as 1060 and has instructions for driver version 417.22

After watching Linus's episode i got interested in that bargain card (so lucky that it's available in my country for not bad price), but i have a problem...

My motherboard (MSI 970 Gaming) doesn't have onboard graphics and im running Windows 7 (OS reinstall in not an option due to my job)

I was planning on installing Windows 10 Virtual Machine because of the UWP exclusive games and DX12 anyway, so im wondering would P106 be able to work with VM (via PCI passthrough)?

dont see why you can't, but you will need a graphics card with display output to set up the whole thing first and a lot of time.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Okay i did some digging and it seems it can't be done because GPU passthrough doesn't work on Windows host :( 

My First post... Just created an account just for this!

Thank you guys! I have ordered one, it's on the way..

@chrscrys  @blancoro

I will try out those instructions

Just one more question tho....

On 1/21/2019 at 4:39 AM, kajeagentspi said:

Can you check if ffmpeg works ?
@Tschyp

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -gpu 0 -s 1280x720 -vcodec h264_nvenc output.mp4

This!!

Do you know if NVENC is supported ?

If so, I'd buy 10 of these cards.

"Most Chinese seller did not want ship it to Canada" because many sellers don’t know English, they are afraid of being cheated,and also because customs clearance is very troublesome.

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

interesting, it's usually the other way around o_o TIL

(also definitely feel for the customs and shipping paperwork and whatnot)

In fact, in China, these graphics cards have already increased in price. and geek circle in China, everyone does not want more people to know this.

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

exactly the reason why LTT (and maybe a few others) stopped making recommendations for secondhand cards, LOL

these crypto specific card sell for 20 US dollar,and now sell for 70... which is the price,LOL~