Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I put the pre-installed in the back and installed 3 new ones

0mgblood

I have a problem with the gpu temp rising at idle until their fans kick in. 

So today I guess I did something funky. I impulsively bought the 3x corsair LL120s cause they were on sale. My case is the coolmaster mb530p and it already has 3 preinstalled argb fans in the front, and 1 fan in the back. Ideally I just wanted all my fans to be rgb. The LL120s look better so I took out the 3 argb fans in the front and tried to use them as exhaust, 1 in the back and two up top. Correct me if I'm wrong but the controller that handles the colors are at the front panel of the case by the power switch and also where the PMWs connect to. And I think theres 1 part that connects to a usb header on the motherboard. But I don't know how to adjust the fan speeds for these cooler master fans.

I connected the 3 LL120s to the front using the provided controller, except I don't have a fan hub so I connected each fan to different fan headers on the motherboard: cpu opt, sys fan 1, sys fan 2. Just to get them spinning before I get a hub. In the bios I changed these fans setting to adjust based on the cpu temps. 

But now I've had a problem with the gpu temp rising even at idle doing almost nothing and having the fans kick in. Its a rog strix 1080ti and the temps rise to 55. I tried to play a very light game, cs 1.6 it and the graphics just stutter.

So I've been reversing everything slowly. I've disabled the two fans up top, put the original exhaust fan back on. And the problem has still been persisting. If I don't get an answer I'll just revert everything back and put the fans up for sale... 

Or, what kind of fan settings am I suppose to be using?

42 minutes ago, 0mgblood said:

55C is not an issue. The card is probably running passively so even a light spike in power consumption can raise temps to that level. Have you tried adjusting the fan curve for the fans to kick in later, say at 59C? This might prevent unneccesarry spinup during rare short spikes.

EDIT: Note your new fans might be running at a lower speed introducing less fresh air into the case increasing internal temperatures and reducing effectiveness of the GPU heatsink for passive cooling.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

19 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

55C is not an issue. The card is probably running passively so even a light spike in power consumption can raise temps to that level. Have you tried adjusting the fan curve for the fans to kick in later, say at 59C? This might prevent unneccesarry spinup during rare short spikes.

EDIT: Note your new fans might be running at a lower speed introducing less fresh air into the case increasing internal temperatures and reducing effectiveness of the GPU heatsink for passive cooling.

Alright so as an experiment I have all my fans besides my cpu fan at full speed since I can't figure out how to do it manually yet.

The gpu temp hasent exceeded 55, it stays at 54 and the fan kicks in just very little at intervals.

Cpu temp seems okay? at 42-45C at 10-15% at 3.3ghz with a ryzen 5 1600