Gtx 1080ti vs Rtx 2080

A Shiny Bidoof

Okay, so i recently got into computer gaming a few months back and I went straight into an all out build with a 1080ti. It was at the time of bitcoin and I purchased it at the price of ~$1,000. I wasn't to sure if the prices were going to eventually fall or continue to rise so I just went for it. Sure enough the prices went down to about $800 and I was pretty upset. This got even worse when i saw the release of the Rtx 2080 which is also priced around $800. With the sudden increase of price in the 1080ti to $1,400 is it actually worth going through the hassle of selling it and purchasing the 2080 and still coming out with a profit. I know it's a stretch but could it work?? 

If you can actually manage to sell your 1080Ti for a profit, it would work and you can get a 2080, even if you don't use ray-tracing. You'll have the advantage of being more future proof, being on the new 20 series platform, and getting the stuff that comes with the new cards, etc. You're right, its a stretch but there are people who are willing to pay that so you have a small chance to do it.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

If you can turn a profit, by all means go for it. You'll even get the added bonus of playing with ray tracing on at 1080p.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.