What was your first Linus Tech Tips video?

JulesTKirk

10 YEARS OF LINUS TECH TIPS!!

Congrats again to the team on the milestone :)

What was the first LTT video you ever watched? Or did you board the Linus-Train with NCIX Tech Tips? And why did you watch it? 

My first LTT video was not that long ago, it’s the review of the Corsair Graphite 230t

I was shopping for a new rig at the tim, I searched for reviews of this case and the video was the first result on YouTube. I ended up buying the case, and while  90% or the components changed, my current rig is still in it.

I was on my way home from college and it was a long trip. For fun I liked to make builds on pcpartpicker and for some reason I had a liking to NZXT cases. I went on Youtube on my phone for the NZXT Phantom 820 review, and LTT popped up. I viewed it in 2013.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

yes i bought that card soon after.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Was bored at uni one day and was planning a PC build at the time so I just searched "computer builds" on Youtube.
This popped up:

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

The mineral oil PC video. Still want to build one just havent got the time. 

I think this was mine, i started only recently, mostly because i wanted to change out my ssd in my old asus laptop, and i dived in 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

8 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The mineral oil PC video. Still want to build one just havent got the time. 

the mineral oil series  was so good 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Lew from Unbox Therapy actually hooked me up five years ago:

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

7 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

That video is so cringe... Man... 

I love you.

source.gif

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

I was shopping for an ultrawide monitor, and Linus' video on the LG popped up on youtube. That in itself didn't get me into LTT channel though. Another time I was looking for something else, and though, was it the same person who did those monitors? Checked back and yup. How could I forget Linus... :D 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I'd only just started getting into PC gaming and had bought a pre built off amazon, but i wasn't happy with the stock cooler and I'd heard a friend mention water cooling. 10 minutes of youtube searches later led me to:

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I don't remember if it was the very first I watched, but it's one of the first and the earliest one I distinctly remember xD

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It was probably about an Apple product or something. idk.

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

It’s a TQ video that lead me to LTT. Those where the days that I was looking at reviews of Windows 10. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

This is my first YouTube Video I've ever watched after I've created my Google account and it was suggested to me by my brother and also LTT is the first channel I subscribed to (back then they had about 50-80'000 subs). So same week in 2013 as this video got released I have upgraded from my first PC which was a HP Compaq with a Pentium 4 with Windows XP to my first Laptop with Windows 8, it was a significant upgrade, then in the evening of the day I got my Laptop, my brother showed me this exact video on his iPad and the next morning I set up my Google account and immediately subscribed to LTT, Techquickie and CFS. Through LTT I not only got into Tech but also improved my english skills significantly.

Thanks guys for being awesome since 2013 ;) 

@LinusTech

Fun Fact: I also watched pretty much every video since then.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

1 hour ago, Pascal... said:

This is my first YouTube Video I've ever watched after I've created my Google account and it was suggested to me by my brother and also LTT is the first channel I subscribed to (back then they had about 50-80'000 subs). So same week in 2013 as this video got released I have upgraded from my first PC which was a HP Compaq with a Pentium 4 with Windows XP to my first Laptop with Windows 8, it was a significant upgrade, then in the evening of the day I got my Laptop, my brother showed me this exact video on his iPad and the next morning I set up my Google account and immediately subscribed to LTT, Techquickie and CFS. Through LTT I not only got into Tech but also improved my english skills significantly.

Thanks guys for being awesome since 2013 ;) 

@LinusTech

Fun Fact: I also watched pretty much every video since then.

Oh man I don’t know what’s the best thing about this video. The fact Luke is still called Slick, the closet joke (the dawn of the fanfics?!), or that « Game Over » shirt ?

One of those in that period 

16 hours ago, JulesTKirk said:

Oh man I don’t know what’s the best thing about this video. The fact Luke is still called Slick, the closet joke (the dawn of the fanfics?!), or that « Game Over » shirt ?

imo the fact that Luke was called Slick was the best thing ?

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

I can't remember what the first LTT video I saw was exactly, but I believe it was this one: 

I found LTT in my recommended videos somewhere around 2011/2012 after watching this video on NCIX: