Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fractal design core 500 itx case

Galion

I just saw that case today, I have a silverstone RVZ03, as a portable work station I find the case frame a little too flexible. 

Is the fractal core 500s panels stronger? 

RVZ03 panel has a dent already from traveling twice

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

I used that case for travel - worst decision I've ever made.

No damage on the case or anything, took a few hits and no dents. But its not ideal for travel. It's too boxy to easily move from A to B without being awkward and heavy. I'd keep to the slim cases like the 202 or of the like. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

I used that case for travel - worst decision I've ever made.

No damage on the case or anything, took a few hits and no dents. But its not ideal for travel. It's too boxy to easily move from A to B without being awkward and heavy. I'd keep to the slim cases like the 202 or of the like. 

I know buteady has 2  my rvz03 already from the trip to Vegas and the panel is starting to flex

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

22 minutes ago, Galion said:

I know buteady has 2  my rvz03 already from the trip to Vegas and the panel is starting to flex

I totally understand.

It will hold itself, the build is strong because the single exterior panel wraps around its metal frame.

But seriously advise looking at something else. It is a huge pain in the ass to move around. Might as well get an Matx case at the point of the 500. I wish I was exaggerating. 

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

25 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I totally understand.

It will hold itself, the build is strong because the single exterior panel wraps around its metal frame.

But seriously advise looking at something else. It is a huge pain in the ass to move around. Might as well get an Matx case at the point of the 500. I wish I was exaggerating. 

LOL I agree but I travel for work a lot and the laptop I own isn't powerful enough to do the work

Best Value Build List

Just now, Galion said:

LOL I agree but I travel for work a lot and the laptop I own isn't powerful enough to do the work

Exactly why I mentioned the Node 202

52 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Exactly why I mentioned the Node 202

But there isn't enough drive space and is the panels strong or like the rvz03 

Best Value Build List