Want To Try Liquid Cooling But Don't Know Where To Start.

So... on Cyber Monday I bought a Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 way below the MSRP of $499 USD or $663 Canadian Rupees for $479.99 Canadian Rupees or $361.35 USD. IMO, it was quite a steal considering the other Vega 64 are about $750+ CAD or $565+ USD right now. Before purchase I read the reviews and they were all pretty good except they all had the same CON. The card would get too hot/ thermal throttle. That's it. So I bought the card and its on its way in shipping. During my time of excitement building up, I thought how will I cool this thing? So I though to try and Liquid Cool it. Except, I've never done any liquid cooling in my life not even with an AIO. So I hopped on EKWB and got confused as to what exactly I need to buy to cool this thing. For example the size of the Radiator, to be able to cool a card with an almost 300W power draw, 295W to be exact. Do I go for 240mm, 280mm, or 360mm. For a Reservoir, does the capacity it holds even matter? Should I get a Reservoir/Pump Combo. Or should I just get a EK Fluid Gaming Kit or should I get a EK-MLC (Modular Liquid Cooling). I'm not even gonna consider EK Configurator because it scares my wallet.   :( 

My System Specs In case you need them

CPU: Ryzen 2700X

MOBO: Asus X470 Prime Pro

CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism

RAM: Corasir Vengeance RGB

GPU: Sapphire Vega 64

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold 750W

CASE: NZXT H440

Help or Suggestion is greatly appreciated Thanks.   :)   

Which card did you buy?Is it a blower card or has 2 or 3 fans on it ?I would try the card undervolted and see how it runs in your case before you try water cooling it.

Get a EKWB kit.

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-fluid-gaming-a240r

Comes with everything u need for entry level custom loops.

NOTE: This is a Aluminium kit. Any future additions to the loop need to be aluminum NOT copper. Do NOT use liquid metal TIM with Aluminium.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

5 hours ago, andrewmp6 said:

Which card did you buy?Is it a blower card or has 2 or 3 fans on it ?I would try the card undervolted and see how it runs in your case before you try water cooling it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I bought a Vega 64 Blower Card