Which Phone should I get

BryteBytez

I am looking to upgrade from my current phone(iPhone 7 plus). I want to know if I should just go to an iPhone 8 or get a google pixel Gen 2 or Gen 3

well that really depends how deep you are into the apple circle

like is it just your phone or do you also have a macbook airpods and whateverthat homespeaker thing is

if you aren't and dont mind the switch in os than go for it 

if you have a whole bunch of apple stuff than dont switch cause alot of the compatibility will be gone cause apple stuff generally works with apple stuff much better than android  stuff

I have a windows pc but also an MacBook as well. I am willing to learn a new os. As I do have a lot of stuff on iPhone I am hoping to also keep the iPhone as a backup. I am switching Providers and will be able to keep the phone at the end of my contract

How is an iphone 8 an upgrade to the 7 plus?

Lower ppi, smaller, less Ram.

Honestly, if you want to stick to iOS, throw the iPhone 8 / 8 plus where they belong: Garbage Can.

Exactly same boring Design, you will notice Zero difference in Speed because it's just 1 Generation difference.

Take the iPhone X, or this years Xr/Xs/Xs max.

Why? Because they offer a 265 times better Design without those huge Helicopter landing space bezels^^ THIS will feel like an Upgrade.

But to answer your question: You should not upgrade your phone, because there is nothing wrong with it. Or is it? 

Important would be to know, why exactly you want the upgrade? Design? Performance? Where is the Problem?

8 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

How is an iphone 8 an upgrade to the 7 plus?

Lower ppi, smaller, less Ram.

Honestly, if you want to stick to iOS, throw the iPhone 8 / 8 plus where they belong: Garbage Can.

Exactly same boring Design, you will notice Zero difference in Speed because it's just 1 Generation difference.

Take the iPhone X, or this years Xr/Xs/Xs max.

Why? Because they offer a 265 times better Design without those huge Helicopter landing space bezels^^ THIS will feel like an Upgrade.

But to answer your question: You should not upgrade your phone, because there is nothing wrong with it. Or is it? 

Important would be to know, why exactly you want the upgrade? Design? Performance? Where is the Problem?

The main problem is that we are switching to T-Mobile from ATT. And the phone is locked to a network I believe. So what I was really wondering is should I stay in the apple ecosystem or make the switch

all right, that is indeed a reason.

Does iOS have anything you really can NOT live without? like Airdrop, or iMessage?

it's really difficult to take this decision for you. You might have to just try out. But the Android World will probably be alot cheaper. Especially if it's T-Mobile, since they got the Oneplus 6t (see if you have an older phone lying around, that they support for trade-in. Might save you 300 bucks)