Radeon RX580 dead after cpu upgrade

Snowy792

Now bear with me as I'm quite new to the whole pc building scene.
I've been using a prebuilt system for about a year and decided to upgrade from my old i3-2120 to an i5-2400 and my gpu from my GeForce GT 730 to the Radeon RX580. I got the graphics card in the mail first and decided for the first few days to try it out with my i3-2120 and it worked really nicely. However I've just installed my new i5-2400 into the system and tried to boot it uo only to get motherboard beep codes telling me the gpu was dead. I've tried a few trouble shooting methods to no avail including putting the gpu into a new system to test (same motherboard beep code response) and resetting my computer entirely. I want to know if theres anything else I could possibly try before I have to send it back and buy a new card entirely.

+note the cpu isn't at fault as my GT 730 seems to run perfectly fine with it installed aswell.

Specs :

Gateway DT71 Motherboard

Intel i5-2400

GeForce GT 730

Aero Cool Intergrator MX600W PSU

2x 2GB DDR3 Ram

33 minutes ago, Snowy792 said:

Now bear with me as I'm quite new to the whole pc building scene.
I've been using a prebuilt system for about a year and decided to upgrade from my old i3-2120 to an i5-2400 and my gpu from my GeForce GT 730 to the Radeon RX580. I got the graphics card in the mail first and decided for the first few days to try it out with my i3-2120 and it worked really nicely. However I've just installed my new i5-2400 into the system and tried to boot it uo only to get motherboard beep codes telling me the gpu was dead. I've tried a few trouble shooting methods to no avail including putting the gpu into a new system to test (same motherboard beep code response) and resetting my computer entirely. I want to know if theres anything else I could possibly try before I have to send it back and buy a new card entirely.

+note the cpu isn't at fault as my GT 730 seems to run perfectly fine with it installed aswell.

Specs :

Gateway DT71 Motherboard

Intel i5-2400

GeForce GT 730

Aero Cool Intergrator MX600W PSU

2x 2GB DDR3 Ram

i think you're gonna need to send it back. if cpu aint the problem. and you tried it in a different system. then theres nothing else left. send it back and get it fixed :)

Have you plugged in the power cable for the graphics card?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yeah. I've plugged in the card and it turns on with both leds working and fans rotating but if the pc gets past POST no display is shown and after about 5 minutes it reboots and enters the endless power cycle again.