Anyone besides me into Hi-Fi?

mxk

Thanks :) i hid all the wires under my desk hence the curtain (few hundred feet of 16 gauge speaker wire)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

MyStonerMind on youtube did a video on a buttkicker LFE. Have you seen rotary subwoofers?

Yeah, I actually watched a TechMoan video on the buttkicker and it seems like a really interesting product that I feel inclined to attach to my bed leg and use when I listen to rap with heavy bass

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Thanks :) i hid all the wires under my desk hence the curtain (few hundred feet of 16 gauge speaker wire)

"a few hundred" 

I didn't care to hide my wires, it looks nasty but I don't really mind as long as they're not on my floor

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Would get one but my bed is built into my wall and we have neighbours on both sides and i rarely listen to music in bed because my rear speakers are right above my head :(

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Also have all my other crap under there. power cables, transformers, HDMI Cables, and a network switch. Gets pretty hellish under there

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

"a few hundred" 

I didn't care to hide my wires, it looks nasty but I don't really mind as long as they're not on my floor

Just now, Derkoli said:

Also have all my other crap under there. power cables, transformers, HDMI Cables, and a network switch. Gets pretty hellish under there

Forgot to quote

Would get one but my bed is built into my wall and we have neighbours on both sides and i rarely listen to music in bed because my rear speakers are right above my head :(

My brother on the other side of me goes to college now so I usually blast music. Its a RIP that you can't do the buttkickers in your room

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

My brother on the other side of me goes to college now so I usually blast music. Its a RIP that you can't do the buttkickers in your room

Well i do have 2 subwoofers lol. One of my neighbours is in the navy so usually goes away for a month, then back for one and so one. then the other is out until 4 so i have 40 minutes to turn up my subs after school lol :)

2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Well i do have 2 subwoofers lol. One of my neighbours is in the navy so usually goes away for a month, then back for one and so one. then the other is out until 4 so i have 40 minutes to turn up my subs after school lol :)

I've considered getting a sub but I'm spending on a PC first, plus I don't have much space in my room for a sub sadly. 

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

One of my subs is down firing and pretty damn small but can make my floor vibrate quite heavily. There is always an answer ;)

One of my subs is down firing and pretty damn small but can make my floor vibrate quite heavily. There is always an answer ;)

hahah I've heard of people doing that. My speakers have some extra little bass thingy-majigers that add a little more over my old speakers

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Radiators? (basically a driver without the voice coil and magnet and diaphgram - just the cone)

Just now, Derkoli said:

Radiators? (basically a driver without the voice coil and magnet and diaphgram - just the cone)

yeah probably. I've taken a lot more time to learn about computers than hi-fi, it was more of a side hobby a year ago.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Im the opposite lol. got my pc, then spent a bunch more time learning about hi-fi

4 hours ago, mxk. said:

wow holy shit. I love that A LOT!!!

Thanks ? Was worth the money and time i sunk into it

On 12/1/2018 at 4:51 AM, SnazzyLabs said:

Hello, yes, I have a problem. I have some STAX L700 on their way as we speak to accompany my Audeze LCD-3. I also 3D printed some open-baffle Linkwitz LXmini last year.

HiOJ8jF.jpg

Are the 3d printing plans available somewhere? How much did the whole thing cost?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have a descent audio setup. Nothing too crazy but for the money it's very good. I do like my audio quite a bit but I have a budget I have to stay in because I'm not made of money. I think my speakers, amp and dac came to about £1000. I would like to get a subwoofer though at some point but the one I want is about £350 and I have other more important things I need first like a projector. I like stereo though so I don't do all the surround stuff.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

3 hours ago, kuddlesworth9419 said:

I have a descent audio setup. Nothing too crazy but for the money it's very good. I do like my audio quite a bit but I have a budget I have to stay in because I'm not made of money. I think my speakers, amp and dac came to about £1000. I would like to get a subwoofer though at some point but the one I want is about £350 and I have other more important things I need first like a projector. I like stereo though so I don't do all the surround stuff.

I honestly don't know how much my stuff comes out to, to be honest. Probably a lot more than I think since my sony stereo receiver is some "elite series" special audio stereo. I also have a dual cassette deck+turntable and some Boston speakers that I don't know the model of. I didn't have to pay, thank god since my dad's side is into audio so they had extra stuff. My dad has a surround system in our living room for movies along with one of the first 1080p flatscreen tv's. My dad bought into a lot of the new stuff when it was new haha.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Man I thought I was the only one into Hi-Fi on computers. One of my projects is digitizing my music onto the computer. It is something that i have been working on for 20 years now. I still need a few more things for the setup but for the most part i got it where it still sounds like what i am digitizing. For the computer that i am using for digitizing it has a Sony surround sound receiver with Sony three way speakers 8" woofers 4"mids and 1" tweeter, 2 subs a 12" and a 10", 2 3" rears and a small sizes center speaker. Over where my other stuff sets I have a Pioneer amp with a Kenwood receiver. A 8 channel dj mixer. A Pioneer turntable. A Tacsam  Da-30 dat player. I also have 3 tape decks- marantz rack mount studio deck- Teac deck with dbx 1 in it and a Aiwa deck as well. I also have a Sony mini disk player as well. when I build my a new space this setup is going to change. I have a friend is going to give 2 studio amps and 2 eqs. I am also looking into getting a few tube preamps as well and i still have my  zenith console stereo that I am going to be restoring. That is what I have just into my computer room. would post pic but it is torn up becuse i am packing it up so I can move the baby in there.

2 hours ago, IczerOne said:

Man I thought I was the only one into Hi-Fi on computers. One of my projects is digitizing my music onto the computer. It is something that i have been working on for 20 years now. I still need a few more things for the setup but for the most part i got it where it still sounds like what i am digitizing. For the computer that i am using for digitizing it has a Sony surround sound receiver with Sony three way speakers 8" woofers 4"mids and 1" tweeter, 2 subs a 12" and a 10", 2 3" rears and a small sizes center speaker. Over where my other stuff sets I have a Pioneer amp with a Kenwood receiver. A 8 channel dj mixer. A Pioneer turntable. A Tacsam  Da-30 dat player. I also have 3 tape decks- marantz rack mount studio deck- Teac deck with dbx 1 in it and a Aiwa deck as well. I also have a Sony mini disk player as well. when I build my a new space this setup is going to change. I have a friend is going to give 2 studio amps and 2 eqs. I am also looking into getting a few tube preamps as well and i still have my  zenith console stereo that I am going to be restoring. That is what I have just into my computer room. would post pic but it is torn up becuse i am packing it up so I can move the baby in there.

Tube Amps are the good stuff. ;)

Yea I know. about 5 years agaio I almost got my hands on some tube amps that were rack mount but some one got to them before I could get the money together. The bad part of it that they didnt work and had been in the garage for years so I didn't know what of shape there going to be in. So in a way i was glad but sad at the same time. I still keep my eyes out but somthing for a far price. 

Mum and both neighbours finally out. full 1000 watts of bass here we come!