Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How Much Does 1g of Thermal Paste Go?

TTesla

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

It's say 2 or 3 applications, maybe more.

Would depend on the cooler as well... if it's a flat bottom and not direct touch heatpipes (where paste would have to fill the space between heatpipes a bit) then it would probably be as I said.

I recently bought this thermal paste: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011F7W3LU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1

and I was wondering how many uses I could get out of it? Using on a 9600K, so small IHS.

Another question, is it worth it to replace the thermal paste on the ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 with this?

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Can you cancel the order? If so, consider doing so and getting MX-4 or NT-H1 instead. Performance will be more or less identical for 1/4th the cost.

Sincerely,

me

It's say 2 or 3 applications, maybe more.

Would depend on the cooler as well... if it's a flat bottom and not direct touch heatpipes (where paste would have to fill the space between heatpipes a bit) then it would probably be as I said.

52 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Can you cancel the order? If so, consider doing so and getting MX-4 or NT-H1 instead. Performance will be more or less identical for 1/4th the cost.

No, and I know the performance difference is like 2 C max, but they were all within $2 so I just went with the one that had the spreader. Can't find it for 1/4 the cost, unless you mean because you'll get 4x as much, which I don't need so I didn't care. But good to know for the future!

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.