OTG file transfer - Galaxy S8

cc143

I'm running into issues when trying to transfer files from my camera's sd card onto the phone's micro sd or other media using a usb c dongle. 

Basically, I will select the option "transfer files" but it will just return to the default "charge usb c device" without allowing me to access my sd card's directory. 

Is anyone aware of a fix or better yet an app that will allow me to backup my sd card to an external device like a hard drive from my phone while on the field?

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

I guess buy an actually OTG flashdrive that can transfer files from your phone to the flashdrive through an app.

1 hour ago, airENOwevEr778 said:

I guess buy an actually OTG flashdrive that can transfer files from your phone to the flashdrive through an app.

What`s the difference between an OTG flash drive and a flash drive flash drive? 

Do you have any apps to recommend for this?

Also, I know you can use a dongle with multiple usbs on android, to say attach both a keyboard and mouse, I`ve done it before on my old z3, but can you use one to transfer directly from an sd card to a usb stick? 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

It's an flash drive that you can directly connect to your phone. The apps that allow the transfer depends on the OTG drive you buy (brands have their own file-transfering apps that are compatible with their OTG drive).

For the last question, I haven't really tried that so I don't know.