Cant youse any other browser then edge...

now254

Hi 3 months ago I upgraded my motherboard, CPU and ram.
The first problem I came across was that the computer was hanging up frequently / all the time for 10 seconds approx.
I fixed this problem and moved the ram from dimm B1 and B2 to A1 and B1.
Then I was rid of that problem. and the pc is lightning fast no problems in games.

But still the problem that irritates me most is that I can only use Microsoft EDGE browser, chrome can I search on google with but will not access any other web pages. Opera starts fine, but when  load a website, it will only load and nothing more happends.

In addition, I have problems with Origin, Discord, Steam, Streamlabs, Xsplit etc
all of these I have to restart several times to be able too log in, in the worst case, I will not get in at all and the computer will freeze when I log in

Have tried fresh install windows 3 times, changed my network cabel, tried direct connection with my modem, tried a old PCI network card, same problem there and a wifi usb adapter.

I dont have these problems with my 3 other computers inn my house...

Have the latest driver from asus, and the latest bios update.

Somebody has any suggestions

PC Specs

Mother board: ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming, Socket-AM4

Cpu: Amd Ryzen 7 1800X stock clock

Ram: Crucial DDR4 2400MHz 8GB 2x4GB 2400MHz (PC4-19200) DDR4 CL17 SR x8 Unbuffered DIMM, 288pin stock clock

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX960 2GB Turbo stock clock

SSD: 2 Samsung SSD 830 Series 64GB 2.5

HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB

PSU: Chieftec Super Series 750W PSU

WIN: Windows 10 Home 64Bit  10.0 Build 17134

Bios: Bios dat 04/19/18 20:55:18 Ver: 05.0000D

you have 2 SSD's in RAID? maybe for testing disable the RAID and just install WIndows on one of the ssd's, and use the other one to install your programs to. 

She/Her

I dont have my SSD`s inn raid, the one of the SSD is for windows, and the other is for 2/3 games i play most and the HDD is for random stuff

Try running memtest x86, possible you might have a bad stick of ram.

Otherwise try a USB ethernet adapter if you have one, possible the ethernet adapter is bad? Also see if changing the DNS server helps.

That's quite bizarre

11 minutes ago, now254 said:

I dont have my SSD`s inn raid, the one of the SSD is for windows, and the other is for 2/3 games i play most and the HDD is for random stuff

Are the SSDs really only 64GB?  That's not very much for Windows 10.

This is rather unusual, nothing bad about your system components except your awful power supply but that shouldn't affect this

Yes it is only 64GB, i know i have plans too get a newer SSD soon

40 minutes ago, now254 said:

But still the problem that irritates me most is that I can only use Microsoft EDGE browser, chrome can I search on google with but will not access any other web pages. Opera starts fine, but when  load a website, it will only load and nothing more happends.

In addition, I have problems with Origin, Discord, Steam, Streamlabs, Xsplit etc

So, are the only apps that you're having problems with web connected? Meaning, do things freeze up when you're using applications that are not connected to the interne?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

8 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

So, are the only apps that you're having problems with web connected? Meaning, do things freeze up when you're using applications that are not connected to the interne?

Yes, but inn games i can connect any server etc host games fine etc, no trouble yousing internett inn games but inn, some programs yes, i do not have problems with software that are not yousing network connection

Sometimes when i want too check task manager my whole computer frezzes... If i am inn a game or streaming etc

7 minutes ago, now254 said:

Sometimes when i want too check task manager my whole computer frezzes... If i am inn a game or streaming etc

Alright. When it freezes, does it BSOD or just lock up?

Also, from now until the problem is solved, first thing when you log in open task manager, and notice if anything is using 100% of some system resource. Keep it open on a second monitor so you can keep an eye on it.

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

Alright. When it freezes, does it BSOD or just lock up?

Also, from now until the problem is started, first thing when you log in open task manager, and notice if anything is using 100% of some system resource. Keep it open on a second monitor so you can keep an eye on it.

No bluescreen, it comes back alive 10sek later and with 100% usage of CPU, that drops down like 3sek after that too normal % depends on the application i have open

I will do

Just now, now254 said:

No bluescreen, it comes back alive 10sek later and with 100% usage of CPU, that drops down like 3sek after that too normal % depends on the application i have open

When you open task manager, click on the cpu column header and it will sort all the applications by how much cpu they are using. Next time it freezes up make sure to look at it and see what application it is, then we can move forward towards a solution.

49 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Try running memtest x86, possible you might have a bad stick of ram.

Otherwise try a USB ethernet adapter if you have one, possible the ethernet adapter is bad? Also see if changing the DNS server helps.

That's quite bizarre

Memtest x86 passed can try too change dns

IMG_20181128_012027.jpg

have already tried multiply network adapters and still the same problem, have change my DNS now and still have the same problem :/

Oh wow, that is very odd. Hmm, you tried running a CPU stress test like Intel Burn Test? Maybe for some bizarre reason the CPU isn't stable at stock (Wouldn't explain the network adapter issues though).

Otherwise, try running ubuntu on it for kicks and see if that works.

I'm kind of leaning towards CPU or motherboard being the issue at this point. (Maybe remount the CPU?)

19 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Oh wow, that is very odd. Hmm, you tried running a CPU stress test like Intel Burn Test? Maybe for some bizarre reason the CPU isn't stable at stock (Wouldn't explain the network adapter issues though).

Otherwise, try running ubuntu on it for kicks and see if that works.

I'm kind of leaning towards CPU or motherboard being the issue at this point. (Maybe remount the CPU?)

Took the test at standard no problem, took the test on very high for 2 cycles, no problem detected, the only thing i discovered that the cpu didnt turbo

Uten 2.jpg

21 minutes ago, now254 said:

Took the test at standard no problem, took the test on very high for 2 cycles, no problem detected, the only thing i discovered that the cpu didnt turbo

Uten 2.jpg

Need to run it at max. Standard is quite weak. haha

Well, all core CPU load will drop the core speed (at stock)

14 hours ago, now254 said:

Yes it is only 64GB, i know i have plans too get a newer SSD soon

If you're still in the mood for experimenting with windows re-installs, you can try leaving out the SSDs and installing on the 1TB drive.  I've had Windows do unusual things when installed on older, small-ish drives.  64GB should technically be enough for a clean install, but Win 10 can balloon to more than that if not carefully maintained.

Something to try if you have the time.

• 1 month later...

Hello, just want too inform that i have fixed the issue if somebody was innterested, what triggered me was that i had bought my girlfriend, a RTX 2080Ti (she has a 4k monitor, i got a 1080P monitor) inn gift for her birthday, then i got the GTX 1060 6GB sitting inn her computer, i innstalled the graphic card inn my computer, and was trying too game some PUBG i set all the settings on ultra... i was only having like 15-45 ish FPS! i know... then i tried too run Farming simulator 19 i had like 20ish frames avg and spiked up too 60 ish, then i got angry was allmost throwing my ryzen build out the window, but i coold off, i tried innstalling a fresh copy off windows on my HDD, well at first evrything went fine then, the mayham started, the system booted fine but froze like evry singel time i did something... then i got my HDD inn a another system and tried a program called HDDscan it showed that i had like 30% of my disk had bad sectors... so i drived inn too town and buyed me 2 PNY SC900 120gb they was onn a ridiculous sale 150NOK (like 18USD), and throwed my 2 samsung ssd out of the system, innstalled a fersh copy of windows 10 on 1 of the drives, and guess what my system is fantastic, runing evry thing what it should, CHROME, games, and no problem with steam or discord

So now i am looking for deals on a HDD so i can get my steam libary and other stuff innstalled.

Thx guys for helping me out with tips and tricks :D

I would double check the manual, but I believe you have your ram sticks in the wrong dimms. 

Lykke til!