I honestly can't tell if I've been hacked

So I got this email 5 days ago and saw it in my spam today. It's sketchy as all hell because it was apparently sent from my own account to me. I blurred that out of course, but what is really scary is that if I hover over the "from:" part, it links back to my google profile. Suffice to say, it's technically from myself. I heard of some way to spoof it without actually having access to my account, but I don't really know if that's the same thing. Whoever sent it has at least decent grammar and plays the hacker role painfully well. "I hope I taught you a good lesson. Do not be so nonchalant, please visit only to proven resources, and don't enter your passwords anywhere!" I'm of course not going to send money to the btc account because the "2 day window" is up and who's to say it's real and who's to say I'm safe if I do it. While none of the stuff he said is necessarily a red flag to be a spoof, it is fairly specific, I feel as if it should be a good bit more specific than that. Also, not to say that this means that it would be a spoof, there is no way he has saved everything off my computer, there are terabytes of data that would have easily passed my data limit, not to mention that I see no large use of data in Windows' data usage logger. This may be a coincidence, but a roommate got his newegg account hacked and purchases were made on it a couple days after. The password was pretty impenetrable. This is a bit out of place, but my primary computer has no camera and he mentions nowhere a phone. If anyone could explain how this is even possible, I would appreciate it. Also, I don't think I was phished (but who knows for sure). Also,  yeah I know, this post is a total train wreck

Screenshot_20181127-140308_Gmail.png

That's a scam, there was a post about a very similar email here not too long ago.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I won't tell you how, but a mail from a different (or your) adress is so easy to do. It's a scam. Do your needed scans and be done

Ignore the email, it's a scam.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

I won't tell you how, but a mail from a different (or your) adress is so easy to do. It's a scam. Do your needed scans and be done

tell me your secrets

Hello!

I'm is very good coder

It's a scam, just ignore it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, Linus_is_a_Badass said:

tell me your secrets

One: illegal

Two: there's a moderator just there. I won't tell you. Search it yourself if you want to know it. Educational use only

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

One: illegal

Two: there's a moderator just there. I won't tell you. Search it yourself if you want to know it. Educational use only

oh sorry, I thought it was a joke

Just now, Linus_is_a_Badass said:

oh sorry, I thought it was a joke

No, I wasn't joking. It's actually pretty easy to send a email under a different name. But he can't do such things that way, and he's not that good at English.

I keep getting this scam e-mail over and over. I'm actually considering changing my e-mail address.

I'm pretty sure I got on the passsword table because of the Adobe hack (or LTT one).

5 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I keep getting this scam e-mail over and over. I'm actually considering changing my e-mail address.

I'm pretty sure I got on the passsword table because of the Adobe hack (or LTT one).

Is it the same format? I saw a fairly similar one.

1 minute ago, Linus_is_a_Badass said:

Is it the same format, I saw a fairly similar one.

Yep, same format, just with my e-mail address and the password I used to use before.

I think the alternate is like it has your torrenting / adult site history or something. I just keep deleting them. lol

I've gotten like 10 so far over the last two months.

1 minute ago, scottyseng said:

Yep, same format, just with my e-mail address and the password I used to use before.

I think the alternate is like it has your torrenting / adult site history or something. I just keep deleting them. lol

I've gotten like 10 so far over the last two months.

nice

I got this a little while back, it is kind of like a new fun thing for me to look through the occasional spam email and laugh at them.

585136290_SpamEmail.JPG.6a7d7251651aea5388200d907edec3c8.JPG

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

3 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

I got this a little while back, it is kind of like a new fun thing for me to look through the occasional spam email and laugh at them.

585136290_SpamEmail.JPG.6a7d7251651aea5388200d907edec3c8.JPG

I always like to look for them too, They're fucking hilarious, but the whole thing where it was literally sent from myself scared me.