Water cooling help for a friend - Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5

jTwiix

Hello Guys,

I'm helping my friend upgrade his computer he has a Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5. 

Hes looking to get an all in one water cooler for his cpu and looking to mount it on the front of the PC which is fine.

But i need some help picking the correct radiator as it needs to be 50mm thickness (without fans) 

Also what configuration should i run since this case has bad airflow should i be pushing the heat out the case or have intake fans going into the radiator.

Thanks in advance

You can go for a 240mm/280mm AIO according to the Cooler Master website. In most cases you want the fans to be pulling air in through the front and out the top/rear, preferably with positive air pressure. You can mount the fans on either side of the rad, it wont affect thermals.

8 minutes ago, nick11682 said:

You can go for a 240mm/280mm AIO according to the Cooler Master website. In most cases you want the fans to be pulling air in through the front and out the top/rear, preferably with positive air pressure. You can mount the fans on either side of the rad, it wont affect thermals.

The thing is with this case the front of it is closed off its a nice looking case not very practical tho,

hes got his eyes set on a h100i for a cooler so mount that on the top as an exhaust and keep the 3 fans at the front for an intake?

1 minute ago, jTwiix said:

The thing is with this case the front of it is closed off its a nice looking case not very practical tho,

hes got his eyes set on a h100i for a cooler so mount that on the top as an exhaust and keep the 3 fans at the front for an intake?

That'd be fine if it can fit, not too familiar with that case as you can probably tell. Using the rad as an exhaust wouldn't affect thermals.