FPS Drops and overall stuttering

jacob21

So im having these FPS Drops where it drops fast and then up to normal again. The game sort of stutters for half second and then goes up again. The wierd thing is that i've never ever had this problem before. AND even worse, it happens on every single game. From Terraria to CS:GO to Black Ops 3 to Forza Horizon 4. I've even noticed some stutters while watching youtube videos (the video itself stutters but not often) and when i move my cursor, the cursor also stutters at the same time as the video. I feel like i've tried everything and im so frustrated at this point im thinking about getting an entirely new PC.

What can this be all about?!. Software?, hardware? Should i try going back to WIN7? Thanks in advance

I also have some screens of cpu and gpu usage in the middle of a FPS Drop while playing.

https://gyazo.com/0789f5c83c5d7ce9c5c425ceaa9d8be1

Note: It happens on games where i have well over 200 FPS too!

Rig:
Motherboard: Asus Z97-P
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Processor: Intel Core i5 4690K
RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
SSD (only for windows and CS:GO): Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB
HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

This is likely caused by the vRAM being tapped out and the GPU is forced to swap graphic data in and out of shared GPU memory in slower system RAM.

It's vRAM limitation you are looking at.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

32 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

This is likely caused by the vRAM being tapped out and the GPU is forced to swap graphic data in and out of shared GPU memory in slower system RAM.

It's vRAM limitation you are looking at.

Alright, Thanks! But how do i go about fixing this? New GPU with 6GB vRAM or faster RAM?

2 hours ago, jacob21 said:

Alright, Thanks! But how do i go about fixing this? New GPU with 6GB vRAM or faster RAM?

I would suggest you to drop the in-game graphics setting down a notch, which would relief the vRAM usage and help save some money for you now.

Faster system RAM will not help since vRAM is much faster than system RAM (And that's exactly why it stutters).

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

7 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

I would suggest you to drop the in-game graphics setting down a notch, which would relief the vRAM usage and help save some money for you now.

Faster system RAM will not help since vRAM is much faster than system RAM (And that's exactly why it stutters).

Alrighty! Any ideas why it does this to old games too though? Do hardware get worse over time? I mean my PC is about 5 years old now!

On 11/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, Disgruntled Homer said:

How old are the games you play? I'd imagine that 3 GB of vRAM can be used fairly quickly. 

from 2011 to present

12 hours ago, Disgruntled Homer said:

Yeah, I think that the VRAM is the problem if you're only experiencing it on recent games. What CPU do you have and how much RAM?

Processor: Intel Core i5 4690K
RAM: 16GB 1600MHz