LG patent phone with 16 lenses

NumLock21
4 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

I'm still struggling to find an actual real-world use case for a phone which has 16 individual camera modules

I still have to find a use case for a camera module on a phone.

3 years and I have yet to open the camera app of my V10.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 hours ago, CommandMan7 said:

I use the Telephoto on my XS, but only for 2x optical zoom. Couldn't care less about bokeh, and I wish the Optical zoom would be prioritized over other things, since everyone is going to zoom their camera but I suspect only a fraction will use bokeh. If Optical Zoom could somehow be improved to say, 5x, then that would probably be one of the biggest advancements in smartphone design in the past 3 years. Imagine the marketing material comparing digital vs optically zoomed images at 5x, it wouldn't even be a contest. That being said I'm not an Optical expert and doubt something like 5x is physically feasible but I can dream.

I have no clue where "more than" was lost in this part... "I really don't get the point of having more than 2 cameras on a phone." Because that's what I wanted to say as I also continued with why you'd only really need 2 cameras, but for some reason didn't.

As for the zoom, we already have massive optical sensors that can snap photos at ridiculous resolutions, why not just use digital lossless zoom used on Lumia phones? Basically, you crop a super resolution image and you get a zoom. Pairing that with 3x optical that is not anything super exotic and you can get high zoom levels without any loss of image quality.

LG can claim, they're the first to have a smart phone with bug eye lens.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list