Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steel Series Arctis 5 + ModMic 5

I am trying to apply my modmic 5 to the steel series arctis 5 but it just wont stick. Both earmuffs are rubber and the adhesive doesn't work very well. Any ideas on how to get it to stick

arctis5.jpg

modmic 5a.jpg

you could put a small piece of tape on the side of the headphone and put the modmic on that, not the most elegant solution, but one nonetheless.

Motherboard: Aourus Gaming 5, CPU: Intel i7 8700k, GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070ti, RAM: Corsair Vengence LED 3200 MHz, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB, Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3. Case: Corsair 570x

Also, this is a question as i am also looking to get an arctis 5, is the mic not good enough for casual play? 

Motherboard: Aourus Gaming 5, CPU: Intel i7 8700k, GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070ti, RAM: Corsair Vengence LED 3200 MHz, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB, Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3. Case: Corsair 570x

1 minute ago, darklord37 said:

Also, this is a question as i am also looking to get an arctis 5, is the mic not good enough for casual play? 

My friend has it and it sounds pretty decent. Not sure why he's getting the mod mic for.

why would you put a modmic on the Arctis 5 tho, the mic on the headset's pretty decent.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Yea I realized this after I bought the mod mic. The Arctis 5 mic is very decent for casual play. However I did not want a desktop mic because I am thinking about recording/streaming. I used super glue with my dad an hour ago or so and it just scraped off. The adhesive worked better. We are going to try silicone next. The superglue left some marks but was easily scraped off with my fingernail. 

1 hour ago, darklord37 said:

you could put a small piece of tape on the side of the headphone and put the modmic on that, not the most elegant solution, but one nonetheless.

I tried tape already and It just pealed off. Thanks for the suggestion though.

1 hour ago, darklord37 said:

The mic is very good if only used for casual play. However I wanted to record with a higher quality microphone, so I bought the modmic.

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2018 at 8:14 PM, Timez said:

Yea I realized this after I bought the mod mic. The Arctis 5 mic is very decent for casual play. However I did not want a desktop mic because I am thinking about recording/streaming. I used super glue with my dad an hour ago or so and it just scraped off. The adhesive worked better. We are going to try silicone next. The superglue left some marks but was easily scraped off with my fingernail. 

I think you're missing the point, you're putting a modmic on a headset?  That defeats the purpose of both products

Cans                                          Amps                                                               Speakers                                      Mic

Sennheiser 6xx                          Topping DX7 (dac/amp) (class D balanced)     Micca RB42                                  Antlion ModMic Uni

Beyerdynamic DT880-600         Emotiva A-100 (class A)                                                                                         Vmoda Boom Pro

Phillips Fidelio X3                      Nobsound Little Bear P7 (pure tube)                 Accessories                                Neego boom mic

Harmonicdyne Zeus                   Little dot MKII (pure tube)                                  Dekoni, Brainwavz and ZMF pads

Fostex T50RP                            Darkvoice 336SE (pure tube)                            Hart and Periapt cables

HiFi-man HE400i (2017)            Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)                Yoga Blocks (headphone stands)

Blue Microphones Lola               Xduoo MT-602 (class A hybrid tube)

Koss KPH30iCL                          Schiit Fulla (class D dac/amp)                          Headset

AKG K-361-BT                                                                                                      Turtle Beach Stealth 700 v2 + adapter

Phillips shp9500

AKG K240 studio