Flickering on Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz

Force Gaia

My Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz has recently developed a flicker. It's most noticeable when looking at a bright white-ish view such as a document or web page. I't seems totally random at present, but when it does flick it appears like the screen seems not dispaly anyhitng for a refresh cycle.

I've swapped the displayport cable and its still happening (my initial thought was shoddy cable due to a lack of VESA certification).

I don't have any other displayport monitors available to swap in, and no other graphics cards i own use displayport (I recently upgraded form a 750Ti, so this is the first time I've had any Displayport devices)

Is this the monitor or my graphics card? Is there any other diagnosis i can do easily?

On what refresh rate is the monitor running ?

if i am not wrong it is a 1440p 165 hz monitor right ?

Just now, SoreRaito said:

On what refresh rate is the monitor running ?

if i am not wrong it is a 1440p 165 hz monitor right ?

ah yes forgot to mention that thought had crossed my mind. I don't run it at the overclocked 165hz, but at the native 144Hz

5 minutes ago, Force Gaia said:

ah yes forgot to mention that thought had crossed my mind. I don't run it at the overclocked 165hz, but at the native 144Hz

Can you try and run it at a lower Hz rate if that is possible ?

I shouldn't really have to, as this is within spec, but I'll try it at 120hz

8 minutes ago, Force Gaia said:

I shouldn't really have to, as this is within spec, but I'll try it at 120hz

Yeah i know what you mean.

I have the X34P and it is advertised as 120hz refresh rate but when i have it 120/115/110/105 hz it starts to flicker for whatever reason. It just started 2 days ago, I might need to get a replacement for that.

nope it's not anything to do with refresh rate, i've taken it down to 60Hz and it's still doing it. In fact its even more noticeable as I do think it is skipping a refresh so it's now flickering fro 1/60th of a second instead of 1/144th of a second

2 hours ago, Force Gaia said:

nope it's not anything to do with refresh rate, i've taken it down to 60Hz and it's still doing it. In fact its even more noticeable as I do think it is skipping a refresh so it's now flickering fro 1/60th of a second instead of 1/144th of a second

hmm then im sorry i am out of ideas.

my guess was that it had something to do with the refresh rate.

a last idea would be to check another display port on the GPU if there is any and if the driver are up to date.

Drivers are a good shout, and I'll swap my port. That way i've changed everything in some way but the main big bits of hardware

So if anyone has any bright ideas, not sure this is g-sync as i've disabled it and it's STILL happening.