What buttons do you wish they would add alongside Like, Agree, Funny and Informative?

Paul Rudd

Is that really all we need?

From what I recall, different reactions would be almost impossible to add. IIRC, it has something to do with the IPS devs.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I feel we need more. There's multiple reactions I wish I could do.

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

From what I recall, different reactions would be almost impossible to add. IIRC, it has something to do with the IPS devs.

1giphy.gif.308e4d13ace0084aeeb613a14fe04067.gif

Just now, A Random Dude said:

steel-is-heavier-than-feathers.jpg.72101334924edd29abe001692126fbaa.jpg

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I seem to remember us having a dislike button back in 2013... May have been a thumbs up and thumbs down. 

It was used to generally be a little bitch.

4 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

Can you be specific about what more you'd like?

Keep in mind that we'll likely never get any reactions that are negative (such as "dislike", "hate", "angry", etc) because they are against the spirit of the forums.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

A "why?" or "huh?" emote could work. There are multiple times I've wanted to use one of those.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

6 hours ago, NinJake said:

I think a hate button would work just greaaaat

Oh yes, I could see myself hating nearly 90% of the posts I see... and have most of mine be hated as well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Keep in mind that we'll likely never get any reactions that are negative (such as "dislike", "hate", "angry", etc) because they are against the spirit of the forums.

This I can understand.

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Can you be specific about what more you'd like?

Just more reactions. I think it would give more personality. People react to things in more ways than just four. And they aren't necessarily negative.

Examples:

• Interesting - For when someone or something has attracted or engaged ones attention or curiosity.
  • Inspiring - For when someone or something was creative. When the urge or ability to do or feel something is/was present.
  • Confusing - For when someone doesn't understand something or makes it more difficult.
  • Clarifying or Explanatory- For when someone made something clear or explained themselves. 
  • Descriptive or Detailed - A substitute for informative in certain situations.
  • Suggestive - For when someone is tending to suggest an idea or wants you to think about something.
  • Nailed It - For when someone nails it.
  • Eureka! - For when someone really nails it.
  • Surprising - For when something is unexpected.
  • Awesome! - For when something is awesome!
  • Shocking - Might not work here but I thought of it so I threw it on here. It seems like a positive way to be negative.
  • Lol - A substitute for funny. For when someone or something actually made someone laugh out loud.

Just more ways to react and relate to people quickly. Some of these you can just use emojis for but I feel people hold in responding to what they read but they don't exactly hold in their reactions if you know what I mean. A reaction takes nothing but a mouse click. I think people won't exactly respond with an emoji to things but they might react more if there were more reactions to choose from because it's much easier.

Reactions make spirit exist is what I guess I'm getting at. Just scroll through any post you see. Don't you wish there were more ways to react to them positively?

10 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

maori-5-small.jpg.cce733691f9320ee54441cca3aca3b25.jpg

9 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:
10 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Snip-

If only I could react with Shocking. Funny is what I'm forced to go with.

12 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

What buttons do you wish they would add alongside Like, Agree, Funny and Informative?

Well seeing as there are 10,000 emojicons and seeing as how Linus loves making silly facial expressions for his video thumbnail pictures, could probably add another 20 or so to make it an even 24 pack.

Which reminds me

?