Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone fit a H115i 280mm radiator into a MasterBox Q300L?

I have someone in my area selling a used H115i 280mm for a decent price and my case specs say that it only supports a 240mm radiator.

I've done some measurements and they seem to stack up:

165.1mm X 330.2mm X 38.1mm approx. with a little bit of added wiggle room
VS the dimensions of the radiator
140mm x 312mm x 26mm

I don't know if that's with the 140mm fans installed or not.

It's going to be a tight fit regardless but I was wondering if anyone tried it already or knows someone who has. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

3 minutes ago, RiskyBiscuit said:

I have someone in my area selling a used H115i 280mm for a decent price and my case specs say that it only supports a 240mm radiator.

I've done some measurements and they seem to stack up:

165.1mm X 330.2mm X 38.1mm approx. with a little bit of added wiggle room
VS the dimensions of the radiator
140mm x 312mm x 26mm

I don't know if that's with the 140mm fans installed or not.

It's going to be a tight fit regardless but I was wondering if anyone tried it already or knows someone who has. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

Such an expensive cooler, with such a cheap case 0.o

thats new

I may be wrong.

Just now, Altruist said:

Such an expensive cooler, with such a cheap case 0.o

thats new

Yea someone is selling a used one in my area and I'd like it to be able to overclock my Ryzen 1700. He's selling it for $70 and I'm gonna offer him $60 if it's something I can even use.

Just now, RiskyBiscuit said:

Yea someone is selling a used one in my area and I'd like it to be able to overclock my Ryzen 1700. He's selling it for $70 and I'm gonna offer him $60 if it's something I can even use.

ryzen is isn't that hot tbh, your 280mm rad of overkill but if it's for a cheap price go for it

I may be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Altruist said:

ryzen is isn't that hot tbh, your 280mm rad of overkill but if it's for a cheap price go for it

Yea I'd like to reach 4.0Ghz is all and say that I have water cooling. I also plan on upgrading eventually and I can use the water cooler with whatever I upgrade to.

image.png.2020c2b437a0bc89cb3cd28bc8aefc55.png

Officially it only supports a 240mm rad, but i did find one example where someone fit a 280mm rad in it. You are only able to fit the 4 middle screws to hold the rad to the case though.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/YvCbt6

238370.f7e2176e496d7e5baad402ad222666a0.1600.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 11/27/2018 at 8:49 AM, TVwazhere said:

Officially it only supports a 240mm rad, but i did find one example where someone fit a 280mm rad in it. You are only able to fit the 4 middle screws to hold the rad to the case though.

That is actually such a nice looking build I have to say, thanks for finding it.

Yea I saw that its only officially 240mm, but after measuring I found that theoretically it could fit a 280mm rad just fine, it also has holes in the front for two 140mm fans so if the rad isn't much bigger than the fans it should work. I decided to pull the trigger and buy it, and it fits fine I just needed to move the power switch/front USB and Audio to the front/top orientation that the case allows. Kind if a hassle as I needed to unplug everything before I could move it but it was worth it and its cool that this little case can even do that for how cheap it is.

I'm waiting on the correct bracket before I fully install it and I'll try to get some pictures taken.

On 11/27/2018 at 6:49 AM, TVwazhere said:

238370.f7e2176e496d7e5baad402ad222666a0.1600.jpg

Shjt! That person made the masterbox look good! That looks like glass too, not the acrylic window it comes with.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

9 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Shjt! That person made the masterbox look good! That looks like glass too, not the acrylic window it comes with.

"I have modified the case, removed the power-usb-jack panel, and using only a power switch at the top side of the front panel. Ordered clear acrylic 2mm thick side panel to cover the hole caused by the missing part and yeah looks sick -for me."

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

ooooooooooo he did a great job

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu