Can I run a RX 560?

not so Important

Yes, with a new PSU. I run i3-2100 with r9 290

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 minutes ago, campy said:

Quote people who dont know what theyre talking about. "if its not corsair or evga its garbage lol im good at computers"

Fujitsu is very, very far from some no name garbage. If OP's machine is an Esprimo like i think it is, their PSU is 80+ gold rated. The problem is that its most likely also proprietary and wont be able to be replaced.

@not so Important just buy a GT 1030, itll perform fine for the majority of stuff in 1080p, probably not maxed and probably not with 16x MSAA or whatever on but itll run games fine with the 2400

SeaSonic, Thermaltake and CoolerMaster would like a word.

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

4 minutes ago, campy said:

just buy a GT 1030

Quote people who dont know what theyre talking abou

Done.

Just now, XeSquid said:

Done.

GT 1030 for gaming? That's a waste of $75 if I have ever seen one.

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

3 minutes ago, FadedCrown said:

GT 1030 for gaming? That's a waste of $75 if I have ever seen one.

Exactly my point.

Just now, not so Important said:

Link still does not work for me. Just tell me the name and price.

Just now, FadedCrown said:

Cooler Master power supply MasterWatt Lite 400W 80+, it's at 42,30 Euro apparently.

1 minute ago, FadedCrown said:

Cooler Master power supply MasterWatt Lite 400W 80+  price 42.30 euros

yeah, your psu is fine, itll outlive you
fujitsu doesnt mess around, theres a reason why Siemens uses almost exclusively Fujitsu power supplies in their equipment

Either way, its proprietary, you cant upgrade it, it uses a 16 pin motherboard power connection which isnt the ATX standard. You will need to work within the wattage range you have, and with an i5 2400 and the rest of the system, you need a sub 75w card ideally to stay within your window of PSU efficiency. I would suggest again a GT 1030 or an RX 550. There are some sub 75w RX 560's out there, i think sapphire makes one but they have two variants of the same card, one 45w one without a 6 pin and one 90w one with a 6 pin.

The Asrock Phantom Gaming 560 is also one of the lower wattage ones. It will run fine on that system.

People forget its basically a 30w GTX 750 and its a fairly capable card.

But please keep spouting bullshit its fun to watch someone try to talk tech and the only things they know about are whatever linus posts on youtube.

As someone who does a lot of "forum tech support" in my free time, one of the most dangerous things on any support forum is when someone asks for genuine help, and people who dont know what theyre talking about show up and give wrong or misleading information.

Like the now 15+ years that people have been saying ATI cards dont work with certain games because of JIRA posts from 2003.

so who should i trust? you and another guy but on reddit tech support or 20 other people telling me to buy a new psu? im very confused

Not only is 330w not enough, that PSU is also just crap. I would spend 50$ minimum on a power supply, and that's the absolute minimum. (for machines with a dGPU anyway.)

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

yeah, your psu is fine, itll outlive you
fujitsu doesnt mess around, theres a reason why Siemens uses almost exclusively Fujitsu power supplies in their equipment

Either way, its proprietary, you cant upgrade it, it uses a 16 pin motherboard power connection which isnt the ATX standard. You will need to work within the wattage range you have, and with an i5 2400 and the rest of the system, you need a sub 75w card ideally to stay within your window of PSU efficiency. I would suggest again a GT 1030 or an RX 550. There are some sub 75w RX 560's out there, i think sapphire makes one but they have two variants of the same card, one 45w one without a 6 pin and one 90w one with a 6 pin.

The Asrock Phantom Gaming 560 is also one of the lower wattage ones. It will run fine on that system.

People forget its basically a 30w GTX 750 and its a fairly capable card.

But please keep spouting bullshit its fun to watch someone try to talk tech and the only things they know about are whatever linus posts on youtube.

As someone who does a lot of "forum tech support" in my free time, one of the most dangerous things on any support forum is when someone asks for genuine help, and people who dont know what theyre talking about show up and give wrong or misleading information.

Like the now 15+ years that people have been saying ATI cards dont work with certain games because of JIRA posts from 2003.

also thanks for the very informative answer but u messed up. the motherboard is powered by a 24pin connector! i just checked!

1 minute ago, campy said:

because its 30w and will 100% run on your system without any issues, you have a limiting power supply you cant upgrade without case modding and nobody makes an adapter for your motherboards power input, we also cant be 100% certain if your pcie slot is power limited as a result

dell has a lot of systems with a similar 16 or 14 pin proprietary power input, and they have limited pcie power (on a 24 pin, the detachable 4 pin is for pcie power) and usually have 25, 30 or 45w only pcie slots

which means youre really banking on hoping you dont have a 45w or lower pcie slot, and that if you do, you get an RX 560 that is 45w which is the lowest they come, even AMD only lists 60-80w for that card since most are 80w+

you kinda just gotta take my word on it

chances are because this is LTT and LTT is really about consumer tier pc crap, youre gonna see a lot of people who only really know about mainstream PC brands and components

note this guy who did absolutely no research into anything and decided that your PC's power supply was cheap and poorly made, without knowing its actually an 80+ gold unit made by a company that produces components for a high end industrial machinery and controller manufacturer

Prove to me that it is an 80+ Gold unit then I will shut up then, but even if that is not enough watts for an RX 560, and who the hell wants to game on a GT 1030?

because its 30w and will 100% run on your system without any issues, you have a limiting power supply you cant upgrade without case modding and nobody makes an adapter for your motherboards power input, we also cant be 100% certain if your pcie slot is power limited as a result

dell has a lot of systems with a similar 16 or 14 pin proprietary power input, and they have limited pcie power (on a 24 pin, the detachable 4 pin is for pcie power) and usually have 25, 30 or 45w only pcie slots

which means youre really banking on hoping you dont have a 45w or lower pcie slot, and that if you do, you get an RX 560 that is 45w which is the lowest they come, even AMD only lists 60-80w for that card since most are 80w+

so the reason why im not going for a gt 1030 or rx 550 because those cards are complete dogshit. also i can upgrade my psu.

3 minutes ago, campy said:

you kinda just gotta take my word on it

chances are because this is LTT and LTT is really about consumer tier pc crap, youre gonna see a lot of people who only really know about mainstream PC brands and components

note this guy who did absolutely no research into anything and decided that your PC's power supply was cheap and poorly made, without knowing its actually an 80+ gold unit made by a company that produces components for a high end industrial machinery and controller manufacturer

im gonna trust ya on this one

1 minute ago, FadedCrown said:

Prove to me that it is an 80+ Gold unit then I will shut up then, but even if that is not enough watts for an RX 560, and who the hell wants to game on a GT 1030?

you can run VR on a 1030.. it will not be enjoyable but it can run Superhot and Elder scrolls V VR

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

you can run VR on a 1030.. it will not be enjoyable but it can run Superhot and Elder scrolls V VR

You sure about that? You need a solid 90fps to not get sick and throw up everywhere, and IIRC VR headsets are around 1440p each eye, IDK if it mirrors the views or renders them separately tho. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

You sure about that? You need a solid 90fps to not get sick and throw up everywhere, and IIRC VR headsets are around 1440p each eye, IDK if it mirrors the views or renders them separately tho. 

hey.. i never said without motion sickness.. all i said was its playable. i think it was “Low Spec Gamer” that tested it

here is the video

VR on gt 1030

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

5 minutes ago, campy said:

post pics of the internals and give the detailed model name

cause im pretty sure based on that demeanor youre just bullshitting to contest me like a child

ive handled a lot of those little esprimo's, specifically a lot of E700 and P900/910's with the 2nd gen i series hardware, theyre used commonly as CNC controllers on HAAS vertical mills which i have dealt with many

psu sticker: https://imgur.com/a/QBNukK5 the 24 pin connector: https://imgur.com/a/Nv1Weay

18 hours ago, campy said:

post pics of the internals and give the detailed model name

cause im pretty sure based on that demeanor youre just bullshitting to contest me like a child

ive handled a lot of those little esprimo's, specifically a lot of E700 and P900/910's with the 2nd gen i series hardware, theyre used commonly as CNC controllers on HAAS vertical mills which i have dealt with many

so????

On 11/26/2018 at 7:50 PM, campy said:

Quote people who dont know what theyre talking about. "if its not corsair or evga its garbage lol im good at computers"

Fujitsu is very, very far from some no name garbage. If OP's machine is an Esprimo like i think it is, their PSU is 80+ gold rated. The problem is that its most likely also proprietary and wont be able to be replaced.

@not so Important just buy a GT 1030, itll perform fine for the majority of stuff in 1080p, probably not maxed and probably not with 16x MSAA or whatever on but itll run games fine with the 2400

I did not know that fujitsu had gotten better psu's over the years.
Have had a lot of issues with fujitsu towers with gpu upgrades done in the past, but that was with Core2Duo towers...

CPU: 2x E5620 - GPU: 2x GTX660 - RAM: 64gb DDR3 ECC - Mobo: Z800 OEM - Storage:1TB WD Green - 256gb - Micron C400 250gb - 850 EVO - 512gb 850 PRO
Monitors: 3x HP ZR2440W - Keyboard: G710 MX Blue - Mouse: MX Master

Keep up the good tone and stay classyxD

On 11/26/2018 at 7:35 PM, Sayori said:

I agree with @FadedCrown. 330 Watts is hardly enough  and I've never even heard of the brand, and also AMD recommends at least a 450 watt PSU for the RX 560. If you need a good deal on a PSU, I'd check out EVGA's B-stock section or something  similar from a known manufacturer

You know, I actually do know Fujitsu. it was part of Siemens, just wanted to let you know. Not that I would buy a psu from them