Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Last minute compatibility check/very last minute changes

CassieMcFLirt

Just looking for some confirmation to calm my nerves, it’s a big buy for me and I want everything to be okay. 

Ive already contacted Umart and they will update the bios on the motherboard so it is compatible 2600.

if you have any changes you would do,feel free to share, however I don’t want my budget to go much over this price point at all

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($233.10 @ Austin Computers) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($125.98 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($200.38 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Western Digital - Green  120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($25.00 @ JW Computers) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.10 @ Austin Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Gaming 8G Video Card  ($279.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.65 @ Amazon Australia) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Monitor: ViewSonic - VX2457-MHD 23.6" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor  ($179.00 @ BudgetPC) 
Keyboard: Cherry - G80-3800 MX Board 2.0 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($59.99 @ Mwave Australia) 
Other: ANEWKODI 600Mbps USB Wifi Adapter USB Wireless Adapter  ($20.00)
Other: Windows 10 Professional EBAY ($20.00)
Other: Microsoft Office 2016 Pro EBAY ($15.00)
Total: $1334.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-26 23:17 AEDT+1100

changes were made. better keyboard, better GPU, different but good motherboard. different but still good PSU. overall a better system

13 minutes ago, CassieMcFLirt said:

Just looking for some confirmation to calm my nerves, it’s a big buy for me and I want everything to be okay. 

Ive already contacted Umart and they will update the bios on the motherboard so it is compatible 2600.

if you have any changes you would do,feel free to share, however I don’t want my budget to go much over this price point at all

if you're gonna do alot of gaming and you dont plan on overclocking i'd say go for the 2600x

a cx450m would be enough if you're not overclocking. 

perhaps 3200mhz ram if the price gap isnt big. cause here its only 5€ from where im purchasing.

6 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

if you're gonna do alot of gaming and you dont plan on overclocking i'd say go for the 2600x

a cx450m would be enough if you're not overclocking. 

perhaps 3200mhz ram if the price gap isnt big. cause here its only 5€ from where im purchasing.

dont see why spending more on a CPU (which he isnt going to benefit from at all) and more on ram when he is allready pushing his budget would be beneficial at all.......

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

dont see why spending more on a CPU (which he isnt going to benefit from at all) and more on ram when he is allready pushing his budget would be beneficial at all.......

x version higher clock better performance. and for ram i said if there is no big price gap id go for it. also i didnt notice the budget part, just read it

1 minute ago, Flawizz said:

x version higher clock better performance. and for ram i said if there is no big price gap id go for it. also i didnt notice the budget part, just read it

except he will see no benefit from the higher boost clock of the 2600x. its practically a waste of money. the 2600 provides all the CPU performance he will need. it is the GPU one should focus on. not the CPU. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

except he will see no benefit from the higher boost clock of the 2600x. its practically a waste of money. the 2600 provides all the CPU performance he will need. it is the GPU one should focus on. not the CPU. 

only 15€ more mate. i'd go for the x version. 15€ difference aint nothing when you're spending 1000+

and i have both, and i do notice a difference

15 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

only 15€ more mate. i'd go for the x version. 15€ difference aint nothing when you're spending 1000+

and i have both, and i do notice a difference

Its 63 aussie rupies.........

These arent USD or euroes.

You will notice a much bigger difference between an rx580 and an 570 than a cpu change. The CPU is not worth it.

20 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Seems fine, but if you're on a pretty strict budget, do you want to spend that much on a keyboard?

Cheapest Mechanical RGB keyboard I could find

20 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Its 63 aussie rupies.........

These arent USD or euroes.

You will notice a much bigger difference between an rx580 and an 570 than a cpu change. The CPU is not worth it.

Its about an extra $40, $50 for a reliable store if I want the 2600x

I've decided to save for another week and get the rx580 instead, thanks for this, exactly the help I needed.

20 hours ago, Flawizz said:

$40 price gap, $50 for a reliable company, just don't see the worth (feel free to prove me wrong tho)

30 minutes ago, CassieMcFLirt said:

Cheapest Mechanical RGB keyboard I could find

RGB and worse switches isnt worth it. Grab the cheaper cherry mx brown keyboard i recommended

27 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

RGB and worse switches isnt worth it. Grab the cheaper cherry mx brown keyboard i recommended

RGB is a sad must for me

13 minutes ago, VoidParticle said:

Why is a 450w bronze rated PSU $90?

You saying thats a good or bad price?

1 minute ago, CassieMcFLirt said:

You saying thats a good or bad price?

I feel like I've seen 550w golds on sale for cheaper... Maybe not. $90 for bronze just seems high.

2 minutes ago, VoidParticle said:

I feel like I've seen 550w golds on sale for cheaper... Maybe not. $90 for bronze just seems high.

It is AU dollars so that might be why, its one of the cheapest listed on pcpartpicker so if you've seen them, its not on there

5 minutes ago, VoidParticle said:

These are aussie pesos. Those are the prices they work with. 

1 minute ago, CassieMcFLirt said:

It is AU dollars so that might be why, its one of the cheapest listed on pcpartpicker so if you've seen them, its not on there

That'll do it. Didn't realize AU dollars. 

5 minutes ago, VoidParticle said:

That'll do it. Didn't realize AU dollars. 

Yeah the Aussie dollar isn’t worth much unfortunately