equilinox on integrated graphics?

moderategamer

So there's a Youtuber called Thin Matrix and for the past 3 years he's been developing a game called equilinox. I've been watching the devlogs from the beginning and the game looks great, Unfortunately I've not picked up my copy yet. If you've not heard of it I'd advice giving it a look. Anyway I want to buy a copy for my dads GF for Christmas but she doesn't have dedicated graphics, So I was hoping maybe if one of you already own the game you wouldn't mind checking how well it runs on integrated graphics I think she has Intel HD Graphics 4600 not sure can't remember her exact CPU model it's some random non K series i5. The steam page says Intel HD 4000 or better so it should be fine but I have no experience with integrated graphics so would be good to be sure it can run well. 

I know it's a weird request but I'd really appreciate the help :)

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Note: I don't have firsthand experience.

From the looks of it, however, it's a low poly count, casual game with bare minimum recommended specs, and only a 300mb install.

If she's using integrated graphics to game, it likely means she's not all that big on gaming as is (or at all), correct? If so, my bets are going to go towards it being a playable experience without issue.

Even in the case that it isn't, this doesn't look like the type of game that's going to demand 60+fps, it may well be more than playable at 30, and she's likely to not be a snob like the enthusiasts here who demand more from our hardware; 30 fps or 300, it may be all the same to her.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

45 minutes ago, Semper said:

Note: I don't have firsthand experience.

From the looks of it, however, it's a low poly count, casual game with bare minimum recommended specs, and only a 300mb install.

If she's using integrated graphics to game, it likely means she's not all that big on gaming as is (or at all), correct? If so, my bets are going to go towards it being a playable experience without issue.

Even in the case that it isn't, this doesn't look like the type of game that's going to demand 60+fps, it may well be more than playable at 30, and she's likely to not be a snob like the enthusiasts here who demand more from our hardware; 30 fps or 300, it may be all the same to her.

She is a huge gamer but she plays console, I know she maybe wont be too fussed about fps but I would like it to run well at 60fps, there's a lot of scrolling so a smooth camera is essential for the game to feel right and be enjoyable IMO. I'm sure it will run just fine as like you said it is low poly but it does actually use some quite expensive effects so who knows. Anyway thanks for the help :)

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass