HDD making beeping noise

narrdarr

HDD makes beeping noise. Pc wont boot when the drive is connected. 

ideas to fix this?

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

HDD is dead. Hope you had a backup. 

Lol. Very straight to the point. But yes, sorry to inform you Mr. Narr but that hard drive is officially pronounced dead.

3 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

HDD makes beeping noise. Pc wont boot when the drive is connected. 

ideas to fix this?

Unfortunately, that seems to being a sign of a hardware failure of your hard drive. I hope that you have not kept any data on it which is important and not backed-up before it went to the state of failure. If not, then I would evaluate if you need data recovery and then immediately or as soon as possible send it to a data-recovery center for highest chances of data recovery off of the failed hard drive device. Do you get a message as an error when trying to boot off of the drive into the operating system?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, JimmyBuffet21 said:

hard drive is officially pronounced dead.

This usually indicates a hardware failure is highly likely, and under very few chances is the drive still functioning as in proper drive health. If you have any important data which you need to get out and which you consider important, I would not take the chances of lowering the chances of getting the data back if data recovery service is needed and the faster you can get it to one, the better general chances of being able to recover the data on that drive.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

its all good it was just sitting around with no data I was going to use them as drive to store games on, but guess I'll buy a new one.