Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Total cost of the pi tablet so far: roughly 250$.
image.thumb.png.a53069d9cdcac9ede7d4585e25c4eed4.png

That's with the pi, the case, the switches.. the arduino, the nipple...
Oh and the SDR and eventually I'll have to add a bit more for the GSM module if I really want to add that. (Which is a neat feature, not a requirement..)


So far, still 99% off the shelf.
 

  1. TheCoder2019

    TheCoder2019

    Pi - uses: server, pc, project handler, coding teacher, home automation... literally EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING!

  2. givingtnt

    givingtnt

    9 minutes ago, TheCoder2019 said:

    Pi - uses: server, pc, project handler, coding teacher, home automation... literally EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING!

    Ok ?

  3. TheCoder2019

    TheCoder2019

    Just now, givingtnt said:

    Ok ?

    Aaand?...

     

    What are you planning to use the pi tab for?

  4. givingtnt

    givingtnt

    6 minutes ago, TheCoder2019 said:

    What are you planning to use the pi tab for?

    It's a portable linux terminal.
    Well, portable is a bit of a stretch considering how thick it is.. but this is Version 1.

    You could have asked in your first reply rather than generating a reply that leads nowhere.

  5. TheCoder2019

    TheCoder2019

    1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

    It's a portable linux terminal.

    I turned an old Kindle Fire 7 into one for SSH

     

    1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

    You could have asked in your first reply rather than generating a reply that leads nowhere.

    True, but I don't, and won't

  6. givingtnt

    givingtnt

    Just now, TheCoder2019 said:

    I turned an old Kindle Fire 7 into one for SSH

    But then no Ethernet port, no usb port, no GPIO, no trackpoint, no GSM LTE, no software defined radio, shit performance for anything but a basic terminal.

     

    Quote

    True, but I don't, and won't

    Then please, don't bother replying at all.

  7. TheCoder2019

    TheCoder2019

    1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

    But then no Ethernet port, no usb port, no GPIO, no trackpoint, no GSM LTE, no software defined radio, shit performance for anything but a basic terminal.

    It's too slow to do anything else. Most of the time I use my PC or another Pi Access Point somewhere in my house (yes, there's "pi access points" in my house)

  8. givingtnt

    givingtnt

    1 minute ago, TheCoder2019 said:

    It's too slow to do anything else. Most of the time I use my PC or another Pi Access Point somewhere in my house (yes, there's "pi access points" in my house)

    So.. what's the point ? what does that bring to the conversation..
     

  9. Meganter

    Meganter

    Don't you dare use stuff like you intend to TNT!

  10. elfensky

    elfensky

    6 hours ago, givingtnt said:

    It's a portable linux terminal.
    Well, portable is a bit of a stretch considering how thick it is.. but this is Version 1.

    You could have asked in your first reply rather than generating a reply that leads nowhere.

    Why not... Use a terminal app on an iPad (iSH is a good one) and SSH into a linux environment?

      

    IMG_1779.JPG

     

    edit: Ah you explain why later.

      

    6 hours ago, givingtnt said:

    But then no Ethernet port, no usb port, no GPIO, no trackpoint, no GSM LTE, no software defined radio, shit performance for anything but a basic terminal.

     

    Then please, don't bother replying at all.

    So what you really want is a portable Pi you don't need to plug into an external monitor to tinker with, not just a tablet.

    You haven't show any pictures yet, but if I may suggest, take note of the Kindle Oasis design.

    Amazon says the Kindle Oasis is an e-reader for book lovers. Is it?

    Put the batteries/Pi all on one side, and make the other part thin. It'll give you something to grab onto and make holding it a lot easier.

  11. givingtnt

    givingtnt

    28 minutes ago, elfensky said:

    Why not... Use a terminal app on an iPad (iSH is a good one) and SSH into a linux environment?

      

    IMG_1779.JPG

     

    edit: Ah you explain why later.

      

    So what you really want is a portable Pi you don't need to plug into an external monitor to tinker with, not just a tablet.

    You haven't show any pictures yet, but if I may suggest, take note of the Kindle Oasis design.

    Amazon says the Kindle Oasis is an e-reader for book lovers. Is it?

    Put the batteries/Pi all on one side, and make the other part thin. It'll give you something to grab onto and make holding it a lot easier.

    Actually I did in a previous post, it's quite thick at the moment since it's all off-the-shelf parts and no custom case.

     

    I'm trying things as a "V1" for now.

    So far it's more "rugged tablet" size 😅

  12. givingtnt
×