Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sebastiano Vianello

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by Sebastiano Vianello

  1. 5 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

    If you can wait

    Save up more and wait for zen 3 and ampere and big Navi and if the prices were too expensive for you 

    You'll get last gen stuff got cheaper.

    Unfortunately I can't wait because the old PC I was using for such stuffs (a stripped down Asus Vivobook) left us, so I needed the new machine ASAP.

    I finally placed my order, I should have the whole bundle in a couple of days.


    Thanks everyone again, I'm genuinely impressed by the responses quality and timing!

  2. Ok I've done a bit of research and decided for this combo:

    • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
    • MBO: Gigabyte B450M
    • PSU: Corsair CX450W
    • Others: as before
    • Case: Thermaltake H15

    Another question, do you think I can go with stock CPU cooling or should I buy an after-market one?




    I've now read about possible compatibility issues of the B450M with the Ryzen 3000 series. Should I be concerned about it or is something that has been solved?

  3. Hi everyone,

    it's my first post so I hope it won't go as bad as I think!


    I was thinking to build my first PC, which would be used mostly for Solidworks CAD and Open-FOAM CFD simulations, but I'd love to be able to run some games as well.

    So I've done some researches on the used market and found a bundle at about 160€ consisting in:

    • CPU: Intel i5-6400
    • MBO: Asus Z170-K

    Then I searched for the other necessary components on Amazon and found these:

    • GPU: RX-570 4GB
    • PSU: CoolerMaster MWE 600W White
    • CPU-Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212
    • RAM: Hyper-X Fury 2x8GB 3200MHz
    • SSD: Samsung MSI B365M NVMe M.2

    The whole build would be around 450€.

    My concern is that it will get old quite soon, given the CPU being a 6th gen and the MBO LGA a 1151.

    Are these logic concerns (or even the right ones)?
    Should I "settle" for this configuration or aim for a bigger expense now to have a longer lasting configuration?


    Thanks everyone!