Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ClusterJones

Member
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Awards

This user doesn't have any awards

About ClusterJones

  • Title
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I have tried DDU, I also followed their recommendations to unplug the Ethernet cable so that Windows doesn't auto install drivers. I haven't tried reinstalling Windows outright yet. The BSoD error I get is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE with amdkmdiag.sys listed as the culprit. I also wanna point out this GPU is brand new. I had a 1050Ti before this.
  2. Okay, I've already started the RMA process with Gigabyte, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. My main question here is, what are the chances I'm simply running it on too weak of a PSU? I'm using a 650W Cooler Master MWE PSU, and along with the Gigabyte GAMING OC 5600XT, I'm using a Ryzen 5 1600AF OC'd to 3.8GHz on 1.37v, 16GB of 3200MHz RAM at 1.35v, 4 fans, 2 mechanical hard drives, and 2 SSDs.
  3. Tier B+ includes the Corsair CX gray label PSUs and links to a non modular 450W unit. Is the semi-modular 550W the same unit, as far as quality goes, or is it different, and where would it fall if it is different?
  4. Well I can always update the BIOS. That does introduce another risk factor, though, and that's like ehhhhh...not sure I wanna do that. I think I'm gonna go with the 2600, unless I see the 2700 on sale any time soon.
  5. Right, but the IPC will be the same because it's the same architecture and number of cores. So I can just overclock to make up the performance lost from lack of clock speed. The 2700 non-X is $150 for me, and the 2700X is like $180. I don't see the point in spending $30 to have it overclocked for me, when I could spend that money on faster shipping, or save it for a GPU. So whichever CPU I get, it will be the non-X version. That aside, you think the 2700 would be the better buy over the 3600?
  6. I would prefer to keep my CPU choice under $200. I'm currently on a B450 board, the Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi, and am therefore limited to Ryzen, as I have no interest in buying a new board, nor do I feel Intel offers compelling, competitive CPUs at this price point. As for the chip I'm upgrading from, it's The Ryzen 3 1200. I'm considering the 2600, the 2700 (not the 2700X), and the 3600. What's got me a little torn is: 1, Whether the jump in performance between 2nd and 3rd gen Ryzen is enough for the 3600 to be worth the extra ~$70 over the 2600. 2. Whether the extra two cores
×