Tech Jesus reviews the Walmart gaming PC, how do you think it went? (Hint: it's really bad)

Master Disaster
16 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

big deal

In some circumstances the audience will never know if they are purposely creating drama, if they are unknowledgeable, clueless or whatever the case may be. Most cases we know, we get that feeling. In Steve's case its a known fact that he is a "shill"

Definition is - One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

So in creating drama that is exactly what the Youtuber/any YT'er is doing. I have used the term "Sell Out" which is the same thing. The ego grows, the race is on and in some cases, bills have to be paid. The terms I used are not to be mean, not in the least. It is the absolute truth of the matter, to be perfectly honest with you all. I give good clear examples, which you are right in the others I have pointed out in other posts. Those are clear examples, proven by what they have done. Does that mean people should stop watching Steve or the others, no, do what you want, do what pleases your mood. I myself can't stand the "show" those people put on, just to put a buck in their pocket. Everyone has their interests, Youtube is a special kind of platform, all types come out of the woodwork. I like to watch people, learn why people do what they do. Why do they speak that way, why does the left earphone have sound and not the right.

As for Walmart gaming video and Steve. Hey I clicked on it because of his hair, he is a good speaker, pleasant camera presence, his "Look at this" points with a screw driver is interesting. Nice clean screw driver, with no marks on it. Interesting! Also the Walmart logo placed in the position it was placed in, I wonder why they did it that way. Thankfully no silly facial expressions for the thumbnail picture. ;)

15 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Youtube is a special kind of platform

It is, it actively encourages drama where there is none and clickbait titles and thumbnails. Results are results unfortunately. For LTT, I think they are not encouraging longevity in their videos, with their titles specifically. If someone wants to watch a review of the new i9 9900k, the LTT video won't appear in the top ten search results because their title is "HOW is THIS for Gamers??'

21 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

As for Walmart gaming video and Steve. Hey I clicked on it because of his hair

Now I don't know if that can be classified as clickbait ? LTT used to so the same thing Dennis.

22 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

In Steve's case its a known fact that he is a "shill" 

I'll have to watch more GN content to come to a conclusion of my own. I know he is very knowledgeable so that's always a plus for me.

With regards to cooling, I'll say what I have always said.

The popularity of Fractal cases has had a negative impact upon the industry as a whole in terms of cooling. Everyone has copied their ugly ass design and airflow has suffered as a result.

I blame their undeservedly successful marketing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

40 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

All he does is put them under rated load under room temperature and simulated hot case conditions for around a half hour each. Unless OEM's are severely overspeccing the units they will see those loads for much more sustained periods in normal use.. Basically if they fail on the bench they will fail during use as soon as anything happens to push them to their rated output. SOme of the worst units he's done won't even hit close to their rated spec before dying. he one i linked earlier when he dug into it was actually a 400w unit being resold as a 500w unit and it predictably failed when asked to deliver 500w.

And when the PSU is run under the conditions that are paired with it -- e.g. the system it is put in, then it won't fail. That PSU wouldn't have been put in a system that needs 500w of power as it would be suicide for the manufacturer to do so.

I can also cause a problem by trying to put too much of a load through a brand name decent quality PSU that is lacking some protections. That doesn't mean that when used properly it's going to cause a problem.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

With regards to cooling, I'll say what I have always said.

The popularity of Fractal cases has had a negative impact upon the industry as a whole in terms of cooling. Everyone has copied their ugly ass design and airflow has suffered as a result.

I blame their undeservedly successful marketing.

I don't know if I would blame Fractal, their cases with the plain flat front still have better cooling than some other manufacturers that just slap glass or plastic on the front with no regard for cooling. I'd more blame the PCMR group that pushed for flashy RGB and glass over performance.

1 hour ago, 79wjd said:

But repeat customers are a steady source of income....Not everyone buys a product at the same time -- purchases are staggered. It's not like everyone goes out and buys a computer today and no one buys a computer for five years. Those people who are buying computers are distributed across many years such that there is always a steady stream of people buying with pockets of higher concentrations based on tech advancements. There aren't an infinite number of customers. 

Most smartphones have a one year warranty, yet the average upgrade period is something like three years, and most phones will easily last five. 

Most TVs have a one year warranty and yet people certainly don't replace TVs anywhere near that frequently. TV replacement rates are probably in the neighborhood of a five to ten years. Far longer than the one year warranty. 

I have, as well as having experience in enterprise environments working with shitty OEM PCs that all hold up just fine even with their 'garbage' PSUs. Not to mention the personal experience I have with past computers/friends computers.

If there was concern for the consumer there wouldn't have been about every corner possible cut with these PC's, the case lacking front USB 3.0 which is standard on a lot of OEM PCs, and the PSU the SI could have put $10 more into the budget to include a PSU that has a much lower chance of failing under sustained load. But were those shitty OEM PC's pushing a powerful GPU? A garbage PSU can cause lots of weird issues, and a consumer isn't going to return if the PSU fails and ruins the motherboard or HDD.

On 11/25/2018 at 8:01 AM, TetraSky said:

I expected them to cheap out on some parts, but didn't expect them to outright ship the completely wrong product. How can you manage to fuck up that badly when every boxes are clearly labelled DTW-1 while the invoice says DTW-3.

I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if they had just claimed he was lying or something to refuse the return.
After all, would you really be surprised if two people colluded together, to get an expensive system for cheaper? One order the DTW-3 the other the DTW-1, then the one who got the DTW-3 call support saying he received a DTW-1 and....

I worked at walmart in electronics/connection center/pickup today for 13 years, the crap that people pull trying to get a freebie or some kinda deal on returns etc, no longer amazes me. I once had the service desk take a computer back (and to their credit, the person returning it had some extra wide box tape and did an amazing job resealing it, it was nearly impossible to tell.) when I went up to get returns, the computer box felt way to light.. they had taken every thing out of the case and returned the case. from that point on we had to open the boxes up and double check all the towers.

24 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I don't know if I would blame Fractal, their cases with the plain flat front still have better cooling than some other manufacturers that just slap glass or plastic on the front with no regard for cooling. I'd more blame the PCMR group that pushed for flashy RGB and glass over performance.

If there was concern for the consumer there wouldn't have been about every corner possible cut with these PC's, the case lacking front USB 3.0 which is standard on a lot of OEM PCs, and the PSU the SI could have put $10 more into the budget to include a PSU that has a much lower chance of failing under sustained load. But were those shitty OEM PC's pushing a powerful GPU? A garbage PSU can cause lots of weird issues, and a consumer isn't going to return if the PSU fails and ruins the motherboard or HDD.

They popularized an already limited format, and everyone else copied it for some dumbass reason.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

3 hours ago, 79wjd said:

And when the PSU is run under the conditions that are paired with it -- e.g. the system it is put in, then it won't fail. That PSU wouldn't have been put in a system that needs 500w of power as it would be suicide for the manufacturer to do so.

I can also cause a problem by trying to put too much of a load through a brand name decent quality PSU that is lacking some protections. That doesn't mean that when used properly it's going to cause a problem.

Except said PSU was being sold as a 500w unit. So OEM's would put it in a 500w rated system potentially.

And yes you can cause problems on any PSU by trying to draw more than it's rated for through it. What you cannot do is throw say my now retired Seasonic x series gold rated 750w PSU onto a test bench, ask it to deliver 750w, and have it fail. because it will deliver what it claims and it will do so whilst maintaining it's efficiency rating and excellent voltage regulation even in hot conditions.

I should note not all failures are outright deaths, some fasil because when asked to deliver their rated loads they go outside the ATX spec on either base voltage or voltage spiking on the lines due to noisy delivery. Neither is likely to outright kill components instantly, but it will cause them to fail over time.

Others fail because they can only deliver their rated power under room temperature conditions, put them in a PC case where intake air temps are higher and the heat degrades their performance to the point they can't deliver.

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:
  • all down to the solid front panel o_o
  • NO WAY, GN IS FINALLY STARTING ON PSU REVIEWS!!!! (albeit the wallmart PSU, but HEY)

One of the reasons they moved to the new place. Steve has mentioned they wanted to, but they simply lacked the space. 

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

yeah, but kinda wondering when would they start climbing the backlog mountain which is testing lots of PSUs at once after moving o_o

(also wondering if GN would test niche PSUs like HDPlex/KMPKT units and component-modded Dell power bricks)

I imagine the oddball PSUs would be more their space, along with the common units companies will send them. 

7 hours ago, CarlBar said:

Except said PSU was being sold as a 500w unit. So OEM's would put it in a 500w rated system potentially.

Says who?

I'm still waiting for even a shred of evidence that prebuilts with low quality PSUs have a high failure rate.

And yes you can cause problems on any PSU by trying to draw more than it's rated for through it. What you cannot do is throw say my now retired Seasonic x series gold rated 750w PSU onto a test bench, ask it to deliver 750w, and have it fail. because it will deliver what it claims and it will do so whilst maintaining it's efficiency rating and excellent voltage regulation even in hot conditions.

That's irrelevant. That doesn't mean that a PSU that can't deliver it's rated power is going to kill your system.

Others fail because they can only deliver their rated power under room temperature conditions, put them in a PC case where intake air temps are higher and the heat degrades their performance to the point they can't deliver.

Again with the irrelevant rated power metric. That says nothing about prebuilts having high failure rates because of a shitty PSU.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 11/25/2018 at 3:53 AM, Master Disaster said:

Steve over at Gamers Nexus went out and bought the top of the range Walmart DTW3 ($2100 of his own money btw) to see how good the thing was and it's bad, like really bad.

So to kick off the experience upon receiving the thing they quickly noticed that they were sent the wrong machine, they had ordered the $2100 DTW3 but what arrived was the bottom end $1400 DTW1 instead. Now in the video review Steve fairly points out this could just be a shipping error (although both boxes were clearly labelled DTW1) but goes on to point out that given Walmart's target audience for this thing it's not a huge leap to expect many buyers wouldn't even notice they've been sent the wrong machine. Not a good start.

The first irk Steve had was the fact they decided to hot glue the USB3 header into the board (I have to disagree here, having worked tech support myself i know how bad customers get irritated when PCs arrive with loose or unplugged cables), now what I do agree with is the fact they routed the USB3 cable around the top of the GPU. Why?

The case fans, oh boy the case fans.

Now obviously he cannot review the product he purchased, he didn't receive that so for now we're stuck with the lower end system but he promises to update the review when Walmart get his return sorted out.

walmart-overpowered-dtw3_1.jpg

walmart-overpowered-dtw1_1.jpg

I won't spoil the surprise of the motherboard for you, just read what Steve has to say.

Things continue to decline when RAM is examined (prepare to laugh at this one).

Reveal hidden contents

walmart-ghz2.png

Both the case and PSU are from Great Wall, the PSU is a 500w unit that apparently is bronze rated (according to the website) however the unit shows no markings of this fact. Steve also doesn't like the cables very much.

Reveal hidden contents

walmart-gaming-pc-cable-management.jpg

walmart-gaming-pc-dtw1-psu.jpg

Again Steve gets mad at the glued in USB port but even worse is the fact they chose to have no front panel USB3 ports and instead use the entire header for a single external USB Type C expansion. Again, WHY? Oh and to top it off the recommend users use the type c port for a mouse! I'm genuinely not making this shit up.

Cooling? You guessed it, more of the same.

Reveal hidden contents

walmart-liann-li-controller.jpg

walmart-gaming-pc-cooler.jpg

Storage isn't actually bad, I mean its not really good and it's certainly a little odd.

Steve tried calling Tech Support only to be told their opening hours are 10am to 4pm. I think the conclusion is pretty obvious, DON'T BUY THIS PC!!

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3401-walmart-gaming-pc-overpowered-dtw3-not-worth-it-review

Do I actually need to comment on this? I expected it to be bad but holy shit. Literally the only good thing Steve could say it the rear cable management was adequate. Rip off is an understatement.

So i spoke to Walmart.. well there overpowered department whatever its called and I asked for the specs of the PC and they finally sent this over.. I really wanted to know about the PSU now its confirmed that they skimped on a lot and no one seemed to notice in Bitwits video that the advertised memory was different then the one he received.  Bitwit stated that the advertised memory module was 2440 but he received DDR 4-2400.  Is this allowed?  Maybe the listing was 2400.Anyways enjoy!!

OVERPOWERED Support

Nov 27, 2018, 10:43 AM (21 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hello, Robert.

We apologize for the delay. Please see the spec information below for each Tower.

DTW1:

Motherboard specs: Main board - Gigabyte - H31M S2
CPU: Support for 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1151 package

(Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest CPU support list.)ŠŠ

L3 cache varies with CPU

Chipset:Intel® H310 Express Chipset

2 PCS DDR4 DIMM Card slot maximum support to 32 GB

Support dual channel memory technology

Support DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz

Audio:

Realtek® ALC887 chip

Support High Definition Audio

Support 2/4/5.1/7.1 Channel

Expansion slot

1 PCSPCI Express x16 Slot Support x16 specification (PCIEX16 Slot Support PCI Express 3.0)

2 PCS PCI Express x1 Slot (PCI Express x1 Slot Support PCI Express 2.0)

USB:

4 PCS USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface

6 PCS USB 2.0 interface

CPU Make and Model: Support for 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 - Model: Core i7-8700
Mode: i7-8700

Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.60 GHz)

Process:4 nm

Core Quantity 6 Core

Threads Quantity12 Threads

CPU Frequency3.20 GHz

Maximum CPU Frequency 4.60 GHz

Cache 12 MB Smart Cache

Bus speed:8 GT/s DMI3 TDP 65 W

Support Maximum DDR:64 GB

DDR type :DDR4-2666

Support Maximum DDR channel :2

Support Maximum DDR bandwidth:41.6 GB/s ECC

Ram requirements: DDR 4-2400(CL17)-17 -17 SDRAM Memory Module
RAM OEM (Name or Manufacturer): ADATA: Model AD4U2400316G17-B

DDR 4-2400(CL17)-17 -17 SDRAM Memory Module

CAS timings on the RAM:

CAS_n to CAS_n command delay for same bank group: Min max(5 nCK,6.250 ns)

CAS_n to CAS_n command delay for different bank group 4nCK

Graphics card: Gigabyte Model GV-N1070WF2OC-8GD

Model Name :GV-N1070WF2OC-8GD: Model Ver:2: Tiptop Name:9VN1070WO8-00-20 : Marketing Name :GeForce GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8G GPU GTX 1070

Core Clock (MHz) OC Mode: software-enable only

OC Mode:1771/1582(boost/base)                                             

Gaming Mode:1746/1556(boost/base)

Cuda Core 1920 Mem Clock (MHz) OC Mode: software-enable only:8008             

I/O:

HDMI(Gold Plated)x1 DP(Gold Plated)x3 Dual-Link DVI-Dx1

DirectX OpenGL

DirectX 12 OpenGL 4.5 Card Interface PCI Express 3.0 x16

CPU Fan: Fuqingyang: A14-4914-1
1DIMENSION128*90*62.5  

2SPECIFICATION B13-4914

3. Voltage: 12V(10.8~13.2V) start voltage: 6.0V (power on/off)

4. Power Consumption: 7.08W

5. Rated Current: 0.59A

6. Speed:800±300RPM 0% ≤200mA

3000±10% RPM   100% ≤590mA

at 25°, after 3~5minutes rotating (fan alone)

7. Max air flow: 60.39 CFM

8. Air Pressure 4.17MM-H2O

9PROCESSOR FIN 
COLORTrue color  
11. number of Poles: 4 poles

Chassis Fan: AIO: AIO
1.Extermal dimension

120*120*25MM

2.Weight 140g/pcs

3. Electrical characteristics in free air at rated voltage

3.1 Rated voltageFan 12V  RGB 5V

3.2 Rated current:

Fan  0.13A Max:0.16A 

RGB  0.6A Max:0.8A

3.3 Rated input power

Fan 1.56W Max:1.92W

RGB 3.0W Max:4.0W   

Rated speed( range) 1200RPM±10%Normal temperature 25

Maximum air flow: 48.7CFM Min:40CFM

Air Pressure: 0.9mm-H20 Min:0.6mm-H20

Operating voltage range :7V-13.2V

Starting voltage : ≤7V(ON/OFF)

Locked current: 0.21±10%A(Reference)

Storage temperature: -30~+85

ATX Switch power: GREATWALL: GW -6000(80+)
Input: 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 10-5A Max., Class I

DC output: +5V,24A; +12V, 21A; +3.3V, 24A; -12V,0.5A; +5VSB,3A

Total power 500W (+5V&+3.3V≤140W)

Altitude of operation: up to 5000 m,

maximum ambient temperature: 50°C

DTW2:
Motherboard specs - Main board - GIGABYTE H370M DS3H
CPU:LGA1151  Intel® Core™ i7 Intel® Core™ i5 Intel® Core™ i3 Intel® Pentium® Intel® Celeron®

DDR:

4 PCS DDR4 DIMM Card slot maximum support to 64 GB

Audio:

Realtek® ALC887 chip

Expansion slot

1 PCSPCI Express x16 Slot Support x16 specification (PCIEX16 Slot Support PCI Express 3.0)

USB:

6 PCS USB 2.0 interface

CPU Make and Model - Intel Core i7-8700

Core Quantity 6 Core

CPU Frequency3.20 GHz

Cache 12 MB Smart Cache

RAM OEM (Name or Manufacturer) ADATA AD4U2400316G17-B

CAS timings on the RAM:

HD Manufacturer - TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
Interface Type:SATA3 6Gb/s

Capacity:2TB

Cache:64MB

Rotating speed:7200

Size:101.6 X 147 X 26.1mm

GPU Manufacturer - GIGABYTE - GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD
Model Name :GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD

Model Ver :1.0

Tiptop Name :9VN1080WO8-00-10 Marketing

Name :GeForce GTX 1080 WINDFORCE OC 8G GPU GTX 1080

Core Clock (MHz) OC Mode: software-enable onlyOC Mode:1797/1657(boost/base)GamingMode:1771/1632(boost/base)

Cuda Core2560

Mem Clock (MHz) OC Mode: software-enable only 10010

Mem Size (MB) 8192

Mem Bus (bit) 256

Mem Type :256 M x32 GDDR5X

Memory (pcs) :8

I/O:HDMI(Gold Plated)x1 DP(Gold Plated)x3 Dual-Link DVI-Dx1

CPU Fan: Fuqingyang A14-4914-1:
1DIMENSION128*90*62.5  

2SPECIFICATION B13-4914

9PROCESSOR FIN

10COLORTrue color 

Chassis Fan - AIO AIO

1.Extermal dimension

120*120*25MM

2.Weight 140g/pcs

3. Electrical characteristicsin free air at rated voltage

3.2 Rated current:

3.3 Rated input power

ATX Switch power - GREATWALL - GW-ATX650BL

Input: 100-240Vac, 47-63Hz, 10-5A Max., Class I

DC output: +5V,+ 25A; +12V, 51A; +3.3V, 25A; -12V,0.8A; +5VSB,3A

Total power 650W (+5V&+3.3V≤130W)

Altitude of operation: up to

5000 m, maximum ambient

temperature: 50°C

1 pcs used

DTW3:
Motherboard specs - Main board - GIGABYTE H370M DS3H
CPU:LGA1151  Intel® Core™ i7 Intel® Core™ i5 Intel® Core™ i3 Intel® Pentium® Intel® Celeron®

DDR:

4 PCS DDR4 DIMM Card slotmaximum support to 64 GB

Audio:

Realtek® ALC887 chip

Expansion slot

USB:

6 PCS USB 2.0 interface

CPU Make and Model - Intel Core i7-8700

Core Quantity 6 Core

CPU Frequency3.20 GHz

Cache 12 MB Smart Cache

RAM OEM (Name or Manufacturer) ADATA AD4U2400316G17-B

CAS timings on the RAM:

HD Manufacturer - TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
Interface Type:SATA3 6Gb/s

Capacity:2TB

Cache:64MB

Rotating speed:7200

Size:101.6 X 147 X 26.1mm

GPU Manufacturer - GIGABYTE - GV-N108TGAMING OC-11GD
Model Name : GV-N108TGAMING OC-11GD

Model Ver :1.0

Tiptop Name :9VN108TGO-00-10

Marketing Name :GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING OC 11G

GPU :GTX 1080 TI

Core Clock (MHz) :OC Mode: software-enable only   

OC Mode:1657/1544(boost/base) Gaming Mode:1632/1518(boost/base)

Cuda Core:3584

Mem Clock (MHz) OC Mode:software-enable only :11010 Mem Size (MB) 11264

Mem Bus (bit) :352

Mem Type :256 M x32 GDDR5X

Memory (pcs) :11

I/O:HDMI(Gold Plated)x1  DP(Gold Plated)x3  Dual-Link DVI-Dx1

CPU Fan: Fuqingyang A14-4914-1:
1DIMENSION128*90*62.5  

2SPECIFICATION B13-4914

9PROCESSOR FIN

10COLORTrue color 

Chassis Fan - AIO AIO

1.Extermal dimension

120*120*25MM

2.Weight 140g/pcs

3. Electrical characteristicsin free air at rated voltage

3.2 Rated current:

3.3 Rated input power

ATX Switch power - GREATWALL - GW-ATX650BL

Input: 100-240Vac, 47-63Hz, 10-5A Max., Class I

DC output: +5V,+ 25A; +12V, 51A; +3.3V, 25A; -12V,0.8A; +5VSB,3A

Total power 650W (+5V&+3.3V≤130W)

Altitude of operation: up to

5000 m, maximum ambient

temperature: 50°C

1 pcs used

Please let us know if there is anything missing and we will get the information for you ASAP.

Thank you,

Opowered Support

On 11/27/2018 at 12:17 PM, Canada EH said:

Also, people buying from Walmart dont know any better!

That's the point. He paid $2,100 and got a $1,400 system.  Most people won't look at the hardware inside or read the label and they will get ripped off big time.  If it was the difference between a $14 product and $21 product, who cares, but the difference here is a significant amount of money.

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

2 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

He paid $2,100 and got a $1,400 system.

Yeah but shipping mistakes happen, its on the consumer to inspect their purchase upon arrival.

There is a good angle there, I see your point. No way to find out the stats.

2 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

That's the point. He paid $2,100 and got a $1,400 system.  Most people won't look at the hardware inside or read the label and they will get ripped off big time.  If it was the difference between a $14 product and $21 product, who cares, but the difference here is a significant amount of money.

As was mentioned, shipping mistakes happen. I wouldn't blame Walmart for that, nor is it their problem if the recipient is unable to verify that his purchase was not correct. 

On top of that, whether it's a $7 difference or a $700 difference wouldn't make it acceptable if it was Walmart being malicious (which it wasn't -- at the very least there is no evidence to support malice) -- in either case they would intentionally be deceiving the customer (again not the case here, regardless of price).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

On 11/28/2018 at 11:58 PM, VegetableStu said:

yeah, but kinda wondering when would they start climbing the backlog mountain which is testing lots of PSUs at once after moving o_o

(also wondering if GN would test niche PSUs like HDPlex/KMPKT units and component-modded Dell power bricks) 

GN is probably going to need a second host if they are planning on increasing their content output to PSUs and other components, seems their hands are full already. I think a second host will come sooner rather than later but I'm still enjoying the content they've been producing.

This video ended up going viral and has become GN's biggest view count video by a fairly significant margin. Who knew bashing on WalMart on YouTube would be so popular.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:01 AM, 79wjd said:

I'm still waiting for even a shred of evidence that prebuilts with low quality PSUs have a high failure rate.

I work in computer repair, and while anecdotal, we see numerous iBuyPower/CyberPowerPC computers where the cheap PSU fails.  While it typically doesn't lead to catastrophic results, we've had several instances of replacing PSU's for customer while their system is still under warranty!  Why would they pay us to replace something under warranty?  Because that way they don't have to ship the whole computer back and wait weeks for it to get repaired.