I wanna make a gaming pc

Johnnyr24

Oh I didn't notice you had replied and changed some specs when I wrote that last reply of mine, now your build is starting to look a lot like mine ^^
My budget was about $2000, I ended up going a little bit over due to monitor and keyboard.

I went for the 2080 too, but there is a huge increase in specs from the 2080 to 2080 ti, if I could afford it I'd go for the ti version for sure.
Especially if you want to properly take advantage of the new tech such as ray tracing I think you want the 2080 ti otherwise the performance loss might be too great to be worth enabling it.
DLSS is also pretty damn exciting and the new shading technique making shadow details less straining on your GPU leaving more left over to process other details.

I understand you don't feel the need for i9 9900k, I didn't either, but I just thought since you had such a high budget then why not ^^
I'll probably upgrade to an i9 9900k in a couple years, but for now I went for a much more budget CPU, the i5 9600k, I would've gone for the 8700k even tho it cost $150 more if only the shops here had it in storage.
Every computer store, online and otherwise, are sold out and not expecting it until like 12th of December, I didn't want to wait :P

On 11/26/2018 at 11:05 AM, FunKaLiTy said:

I went for the 2080 too, but there is a huge increase in specs from the 2080 to 2080 ti, if I could afford it I'd go for the ti version for sure.

Especially if you want to properly take advantage of the new tech such as ray tracing I think you want the 2080 ti otherwise the performance loss might be too great to be worth enabling it.
DLSS is also pretty damn exciting and the new shading technique making shadow details less straining on your GPU leaving more left over to process other details.

Thanks again for the feedback. I'll reconsider, re-evaluate and possibly rescind the change.

I first read these statements right after you posted it and spent some time thinking it over. One of the points that came to mind is in regards to lifespan, upgrading, adding and replacing parts. If I were to put off the TI for a few years, lets say, and buy the 2080() now. Eventually I'll likely end up with the TI and even at the reduced price have ended up paying the same as if I'd bought it now. ((2080($800) + deflated TI($800) = same$ in the end($1600)))