I wanna make a gaming pc

Johnnyr24

Hi guys, i really need help! I wanna buy a new pc and for first time i dont now what is better: buying it pice by pice or looking for one with all of this. I wanna a good cpu and a video card something from 1050 ti up and ssd memory. And for the start i found something like this:

Screenshot_20181124-192743.png

That is generations old.  You'd do better telling ua where you are from and how much you'd like to spend.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

this deal better be cheap, it's old and only mid range hardware performance today.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

ok so what kronor are we talking here, SEK, DKK or NOK? Its a pretty meh deal when you get an I5 9600k for under 3000 sek(if you are fast 2590 sek as a return on netonnet) and then motherboard is 990 sek. idk skylake just isnt a platform id buy into when you can get 4th gen cheaper and have cheaper RAM with barely any performance decrease

*edit*

also holy shit this guy dares to charge extra for a delid? lmao

*edit again*

also forgot to even mention Ryzen, the R7 2700 is 2770 sek, a B250 board is like 800 sek so thats probably the best value here

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have the same question. I've been a fan on LTT for a long time now and have been considering building a new rig, was it providence that "what cpu to buy" video was just released(a few days ago)?!!

Admittedly, I'm more of a software kinda guy and know quite little about hardware. Budget isn't an issue here however, value is; up to about 3k is where I'm looking. Asking for help with a complete build; from the case to everything inside it. Geographically I'm in Washington state somewhere between Portland and Seattle. Currently my main games are Rust, Path of Exile, 7 Days to Die and the like -- prefer heavy RPG with a touch of pvp type games; Vanilla to Wrath and a 1 month tour of every WoW xpac. Additionally I'd prefer, although its not needed, to be able to dual boot Linux. If there's a hardware limitation just discard Linux considerations as I'm already considering making the old rig Linux Dedicated.

For "high-end gaming" it was suggested i5-8600k or i7-9700k. Is the 9700 that much better? I don't mind taking my time to build this, where needed.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

+++Today and tomorrow(sat/sun) I should be checking this page every 30min or so until BEER TIME! Weekdays are quite hectic+++

If you got some cash to spend I'd recommend this deal they have on Komplett now for a 5000 kr black friday discount.
https://www.komplett.no/product/11445/pc-nettbrett/komplett-pc/komplett-gamer-premium/komplett-gamer-premium-a180#

I'd at a minimum get a GTX 1060 6gb GPU to hope for it to last at least a little bit, the 1070 cards are pretty cheap now as well.

For a budget CPU you should get AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and overclock it meaning you need a cooler to go with it, alternatively a i5 8600k if you have a little more to spend.

Here is the cooler I'd recommend you buy now, they have a discount on Elkjøp (if you're norwegian, I see you are scandinavian from the currency in sales text).
https://www.elkjop.no/product/data/pc-komponenter/vifter-og-avkjoling-til-pc/CORH115IP/corsair-hydro-h115i-pro-vannkjoler-280-mm

But you also have this one as a cheaper option
https://www.komplett.no/product/953778/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/vifterkjoelingvannkjoeling/cpu-vannkjoeling/cooler-master-masterliquid-lite-240#

Or if you don't plan on overclocking I'd go with a Ryzen 5 2600x since it comes with a good enough stock cooler and performs decent enough without needing to overclock.

The good SSD's still aren't cheap, idk how picky you are, you probably don't wanna shell out over 1000 kroner for 500GB storage like I did, but maybe you wanna go for 120GB of high end storage to have Windows on and maybe 1 game you play that has a lot of loading screens in it.

And then get like a 1TB 7200 RPM HDD for storing everything else on.

For the motherboard it's important you check that it's compatible with the CPU you choose, you can plot everything in on pcpartpicker.com and it will tell you if something is incompatible or might not fit (case-wise).

For RAM you probably want something cheap so just go for 2400mhz, the difference is not really noticable they say so considering it's under half the price of the 3200mhz versions it's probably smart to just go for 2400mhz if you're not looking to spend too much money.

As for the power supply you're probably good with a 550W one, especially if you're not planning on overclocking.

Case-wise it depends on what you like, but of course airflow should be a consideration.

Of the ones available right now I'd go for this one, I wanted to get this one myself, but the RTX 2080 GPU wouldn't fit in there with a 240mm radiator in the front.
https://www.komplett.no/product/930966/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/kabinetterbarebone/midi-tower/fractal-design-define-c-temp-g#

13 minutes ago, CDL Hazamat said:

I have the same question. I've been a fan on LTT for a long time now and have been considering building a new rig, was it providence that "what cpu to buy" video was just released(a few days ago)?!!

Admittedly, I'm more of a software kinda guy and know quite little about hardware. Budget isn't an issue here however, value is; up to about 3k is where I'm looking. Asking for help with a complete build; from the case to everything inside it. Geographically I'm in Washington state somewhere between Portland and Seattle. Currently my main games are Rust, Path of Exile, 7 Days to Die and the like -- prefer heavy RPG with a touch of pvp type games; Vanilla to Wrath and a 1 month tour of every WoW xpac. Additionally I'd prefer, although its not needed, to be able to dual boot Linux. If there's a hardware limitation just discard Linux considerations as I'm already considering making the old rig Linux Dedicated.

For "high-end gaming" it was suggested i5-8600k or i7-9700k. Is the 9700 that much better? I don't mind taking my time to build this, where needed.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

+++Today and tomorrow(sat/sun) I should be checking this page every 30min or so until BEER TIME! Weekdays are quite hectic+++

Well with a budget like that you're not really limited at all, you can go for the top of the line RTX 2080 ti, i9 900k and 32 GB of RAM with 2x 500GB of Samsung EVO 970 in Raid 0 a decent motherboard with built in wi-fi adapter a great AIO 360mm liquid cooler, 1000W PSU and a nice case.
You'll have the most kickass computer in the neighbourhood! ^^

37 minutes ago, FunKaLiTy said:

If you got some cash to spend I'd recommend this deal they have on Komplett now for a 5000 kr black friday discount.
https://www.komplett.no/product/11445/pc-nettbrett/komplett-pc/komplett-gamer-premium/komplett-gamer-premium-a180#

I'd prefer to not order from outside the country, if possible. Also I'd rather buy the parts and assemble myself. The services these types of companies offer (pre-built) is something I can respect. However, I'm hoping to take this opportunity to learn a little bit more about hardware and am already rather apt at turning a screw!

I appreciate the effort you put into this response and took my time with each link and statement you made here. Thank you.

31 minutes ago, FunKaLiTy said:

Well with a budget like that you're not really limited at all, you can go for the top of the line RTX 2080 ti, i9 900k and 32 GB of RAM with 2x 500GB of Samsung EVO 970 in Raid 0 a decent motherboard with built in wi-fi adapter a great AIO 360mm liquid cooler, 1000W PSU and a nice case.
You'll have the most kickass computer in the neighbourhood! ^^

This is a good start! Thanks!

I took a look around and you must be referring to the i9-9900k, yeah?

Samsung 970 also has a 1tb, would that not work in this situation?

Suggestion on motherboard?

Screw Wifi! :P lol, that's what I have a laptop for!

Found a thread on this forum discussing cooling -- Corsair seems to be the favorite?

Thanks for the new resource I'll be playing with, pcpartpicker -- I'll try playing with some stuff on there in a few.

52 minutes ago, CDL Hazamat said:

I'd prefer to not order from outside the country, if possible. Also I'd rather buy the parts and assemble myself. The services these types of companies offer (pre-built) is something I can respect. However, I'm hoping to take this opportunity to learn a little bit more about hardware and am already rather apt at turning a screw!

I appreciate the effort you put into this response and took my time with each link and statement you made here. Thank you.

This is a good start! Thanks!

I took a look around and you must be referring to the i9-9900k, yeah?

Samsung 970 also has a 1tb, would that not work in this situation?

Suggestion on motherboard?

Screw Wifi! :P lol, that's what I have a laptop for!

Found a thread on this forum discussing cooling -- Corsair seems to be the favorite?

Thanks for the new resource I'll be playing with, pcpartpicker -- I'll try playing with some stuff on there in a few.

Yeah those links I added was to the OP since he is at least scandinavian, I thought he might be norwegian like me and I have recently been doing a lot of research in this market as I've ordered a complete build myself.

Yeah i9 9900k ;)
The 1TB from Samsung also works of course, it's even better if you get the 970 Pro version, but it's crazy expensive tho!

If you get 2 1TB 970 Pro m.2 SSD's and set them in Raid 0 you'll be the envy of most people on here.
Especially with the RTX 2080 ti and the i9 9900k as well! ^^

For an AIO 360mm liquid cooler it seems the Corsair H150i is a clear favorite yeah, but if you want to go for a slightly shorter 280mm one, some cases for example only support 280mm top mounted radiators (although you probably wanna mount it in front), the Kraken NZXT 62 has gotten a lot of praise as well.
If you want a smaller midi case and thus need a 240mm radiator to fit then the Corsair H115i PRO should be a great choice!

Picking out a case is kinda important to consider the size, not only does it have to be a size you can fit under your desk,but it also has to be big enough to support all your components as well as to make it less of a pain in the ass to work with.
When you are looking at cases you need to check how big of a graphic card it supports, that number is with just fans so you need to deduct the thickness of your radiator (usually 25mm, but check to be sure) for example if it says your case supports a graphic card of up to 315mm and you plan to use a 25mm thick radiator in it then your graphic card can not be longer than 290mm.

For RAM I'd go with 3200mhz since you have such a big budget anyways, for the PSU you should probably look what's available and check reviews, some can be poorly built making it noisy and hot.

As for the motherboard you might as well go for a high end one, here are a couple nice videos going through some of the better ones.

The Gigabyte Aorus series seems like a great choice!
Elite seems good enough and it's under $200.

I still need to do a bit more reading and researching, nothing set in stone here. Just plugged a few things in to the system builder as a foundation moving forward. Here's where I'm at right now. Budget seems fine although we might end up a touch over the 3k mark, which matters only in relativity to how far over that mark we go!

Nothing listed for memory, case, networking or optical as of yet. I'm sure we'll cross that bridge soon enough though!

Thanks again for your help. Really appreciate your efforts here!

Yeah I feel I learn a lot from watching those thorough reviews such as the 2nd video I added there from Gamer's Nexus.

Apparently for the i9 9900k it's important to have a really strong VRM in order to achieve a stable overclock and the Gigabyte Aorus series seem to have the best VRM so I'd definitely go for that, especially since the cheapest one is only about $180.

As for a monitor you should get something really good with a pc like this in order to properly take advantage out of your components.

I'd look for at least a 165hz 1440p with g-sync, preferably an IPS screen, but TN and VA works too, they just don't have as good contrast and much worse viewing angles (but you're mostly gonna play alone anyways I guess so you'll sit in front of the screen).
Preferably I'd go for like a 120hz 4k screen with g-sync, but that is crazy expensive! 

Nice what kind of monitor do you have? 

Also you probably don't need 1000W PSU, 850W will likely be enough for you to still be able to OC a lot, 80+ gold certified is certainly a good indicator tho :)

You don't really need an optical drive tho do you?
Been many years since last time I needed an optical drive and then I actually didn't need it either, could just download the game and enter the cd-key that came with the case :P

An optical drive can inhibit airflow in your case and also narrow in your choice of cases.

For a case that to go with these components I'd go for one of these:

- "be quiet! Dark Base 900" - The sneaky giant
- "Cooler Master MasterCase H500M" - The RGB flowmastah

- "Fractal Design Define R6" - The one I bought (Got a great Black Friday deal on it! ;))

If you don't mind skipping the optical drive then these are also really great cases:

- "be quiet! Dark Base 700" - The silent performer 

- "Corsair 500D RGB SE" - The sleak and cool looker 
- "Riotoro CR500 TG" - The budget friendly performer

These should all have great airflow and I also belive they will all fit your graphic card with that cooler.

Btw I'd go with a triple fan GPU, I think it's worth the extra $50-$100 to make sure your card stays nice and cool.

I know MSI RTX 2080 ti Gaming X TRIO, Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 ti and Zotac Gaming RTX 2080 ti AMP! are among the cards with 3 fans

To save on some stuff I'd probably try to find a little bit cheaper RAM even tho the one you found is a good price for 32GB of 3200mhz RAM, maybe see what you can find at 3000mhz, the difference is not noticable at all.
Also you'll probably do just as fine with a slightly smaller PSU, 850W will probably be enough for some very good overclocking potential anyways.

You could also opt for a smaller 250GB high speed SSD to have Windows and a couple games that has a lot of loading screens on it and get like a 2.5" 1TB SSD that is a bit cheaper, maybe something with about 2000/1000 mbs read/write speed instead, should save a few bucks on that and you wont notice any difference.

You also don't need a network adapter with that motherboard, it already has one built in ;) 

Even if you go for the $50 cheaper Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite which is another great place to save some bucks without really losing any performance.

And of course you should rather buy a Windows 10 key online and make your own windows boot device on a USB stick, you could save over $100 doing that.

40 minutes ago, CDL Hazamat said:

only a couple of minor issues with the build, if you need an extra lan get the taichi/taichi ultimate over the master, and the psu is overpriced for no reason by at least 100usd.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817438011

also it's a 3k build, get some b-die

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232218&Description=ddr4&cm_re=ddr4-_-20-232-218-_-Product

Liking the Sata-less build, should be a thing with multiple m2 slots.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

12 minutes ago, FunKaLiTy said:

Nice what kind of monitor do you have? 

Also you probably don't need 1000W PSU, 850W will likely be enough for you to still be able to OC a lot, 80+ gold certified is certainly a good indicator tho :)

You don't really need an optical drive tho do you?
Been many years since last time I needed an optical drive and then I actually didn't need it either, could just download the game and enter the cd-key that came with the case :P

An optical drive can inhibit airflow in your case and also narrow in your choice of cases.

For a case that to go with these components I'd go for one of these:

- "be quiet! Dark Base 900" - The sneaky giant
- "Cooler Master MasterCase H500M" - The RGB flowmastah

- "Fractal Design Define R6" - The one I bought (Got a great Black Friday deal on it! ;))

If you don't mind skipping the optical drive then these are also really great cases:

- "be quiet! Dark Base 700" - The silent performer 

- "Corsair 500D RGB SE" - The sleak and cool looker 
- "Riotoro CR500 TG" - The budget friendly performer

These should all have great airflow and I also belive they will all fit your graphic card with that cooler.

Btw I'd go with a triple fan GPU, I think it's worth the extra $50-$100 to make sure your card stays nice and cool.

I know MSI RTX 2080 ti Gaming X TRIO, Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 ti and Zotac Gaming RTX 2080 ti AMP! are among the cards with 3 fans

4 minutes ago, FunKaLiTy said:

To save one some stuff I'd probably try to find a little bit cheaper RAM, maybe go with 4x 8GB of some good 3000mhz RAM instead as well as a slightly smallet PSU, 850W will probably be enough for some very good overclocking potential anyways.

You could also opt for a smaller 250GB high speed SSD to have Windows and a couple games that has a lot of loading screens on it and get like a 2.5" 1TB SSD that is a bit cheaper, maybe something with about 2000/1000 mbs read/write speed instead, should save a few bucks on that and you wont notice any difference.

You also don't need a network adapter with that motherboard, it already has one built in ;) 

Heh, you're answering all my questions before I even ask them!

Wasn't sure, as I hadn't read through product details on everything yet, so I just added the network card. I agree on both counts regarding the optical drive. However, I was thinking I'd likely just put it on my shelf until that one in a million need comes up. I can't even remember when I used one last but better safe than sorry! Also I agree with your thoughts on ram however I think I will end up going with that size only for expansion possibilities. If I went with the cheaper route here it would take over all the slots and if I were to upgrade they'd just be tossed anyway -- playing for the long game here!

Thanks for suggestions on Case too. I have little clue on which one I'll end up with although I'm pretty sure I want a big guy for this project. The power supply was a stab in the dark, the builder says I'm only using >500w but I'm sure that'll jump up, 850 sounds reasonable. I also agree with the sentiments on changing up the hard drive(s). Although I'll likely keep one of these and choose something cheaper and bigger for a slave.

I'm also a bit curious about the Compatibility Issues --

<i>The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.</i>

If I had one of these SSD's and wanted to use a 7200rpm drive as a slave, I'm guessing that wouldn't work. I'll play around with it a little more. I'll likely end up with a new external redundant backup being added for the new system too.

3 minutes ago, xg32 said:

only a couple of minor issues with the build, if you need an extra lan get the taichi/taichi ultimate over the master, and the psu is overpriced for no reason by at least 100usd.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817438011

Liking the Sata-less build, should be a thing with multiple m2 slots.

Thanks for the input! We're still discussing and adding some polish on it, for sure. Just kinda plugged these items in to get the ball rolling and, over the next few days, I'll be digging into each of them a bit better. Honestly, I haven't read many of the product details on anything listed with much scrutiny yet.

Yeah I edited my reply there regarding the RAM, better to go with 2x 16GB for sure!

Those error messages you get there regarding the SATA slots is because you have 2 m.2 SSDs added which take up a total of 3 SATA connections, your motherboard has 6 SATA connections tho so you'll still have room for potentially 3 more 2,5" SSDs, that could mean pleeeenty of space! ;) 

Deleted one of the drives for now. Also removed case, optical and network. Updated gpu to triple.

Also, my monitors aren't anything fancy but I like them. :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $569.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $129.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $239.99 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $284.99 @ Corsair
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $116.99 @ Newegg Business
Video Card Zotac - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING Triple Fan Video Card $1349.99 @ B&H
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $74.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $124.79 @ OutletPC
Speakers Logitech - Z906 500 W 5.1ch Speakers $199.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $3141.71
  Mail-in rebates -$50.00
  Total $3091.71
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-24 18:07 EST-0500  

6 minutes ago, FunKaLiTy said:

Yeah I edited my reply there regarding the RAM, better to go with 2x 16GB for sure!

Those error messages you get there regarding the SATA slots is because you have 2 m.2 SSDs added which take up a total of 3 SATA connections, your motherboard has 6 SATA connections tho so you'll still have room for potentially 3 more 2,5" SSDs, that could mean pleeeenty of space! ;) 

Got it, again something I'd have probably figured out once going into specs on each item. Time for beers! I'll get back to this tomorrow and then reading and researching through the week. I'll likely start purchases next weekend or weekend after depending on how quickly I get through RnR. My work and personal schedule take a lot of my time during the week. For the best though!

-Cheers

20 minutes ago, CDL Hazamat said:

Got it, again something I'd have probably figured out once going into specs on each item. Time for beers! I'll get back to this tomorrow and then reading and researching through the week. I'll likely start purchases next weekend or weekend after depending on how quickly I get through RnR. My work and personal schedule take a lot of my time during the week. For the best though!

-Cheers

Sounds good, you're on your way to building an absolute gaming beast which should be a true performer for many years to come so there is no doubt you'll be happy once you fire up some games with this ;)

The monitor must be up to the task tho, if you have a 60hz monitor you wont really see the performance you're paying for in this pc, you should have at least a 144hz 1440p monitor, I'd go for 165hz or higher unless you want 4k, but then you need to increase that budget to 4k ?

You could go for a 200+hz 1080p screen if you want that instead, but with these kinds of specs it really would be a shame to no take advantage of it with a 1440p monitor.

Good luck hunting btw and cheers :D 

My primary monitor is a 144/1440, so no issues there. Eventually I do plan on upgrading both monitors to 4k, once the tech has stabilized a bit. After everything is said and done the budget for this build will likely be around 5k (monitors, external redundant drives, etc etc) however, I'm only focused on the case and everything inside at the moment :)

Starting to really pick apart the build and have changed a few things; most notably the cpu and gpu.

After doing a bit of digging I see no need for the 2080ti as it seems to be looking forward to the future of Raytracing, not really needed at this point compared to the cost. I'm even on the fence about moving this to the 1080ti as most reviews put the 'performance per dollar' higher than either of the 2080's. I've also been looking into the cpu and again it seems a better fit might be the i7-8700k. Comparing the i9-9900k to the i7-8700k the i9 gets about 0.3-0.5% increase in fps at 1440p+ although costs about twice as much.

While budget ultimately isn't much of a concern to me, value is. And the difference of ~1% fps compared to the ~$1k doesn't seem to be validated. All of this isn't to say you're wrong by any means and your feedback is greatly appreciated!

**Note I put a 2tb Sata as a placeholder for slave drive**

Btw you probably want to add another set of fans on your radiator if you're running a 360mm one because such a big radiator creates a higher resistance thus the fans need some more help to push/pull the air through it efficiently.

You probably don't need anything bigger than 240mm which would mean you can do with 2x 120mm fans mounted in a push configuration. (Meaning they are closest to the case)

Bigger radiators should be set in a push/pull configuration where you have fans on both sides, honestly I don't believe you need that much cooling, but the i9 9900k is known to go extremely hot so you might as well do it I guess, of course as long as you have enough room in your case.
Fans usually add 25mm thickness, but same as with the radiator you should always check your specific one just to be sure.

I believe all the cases I mentioned would support most radiators with push/pull configuration, but I definitely recommend you read up on the thickness of your radiator and the additional fans and add those numbers to the length of your GPU then see if that number is lower than the maximum graphic card clearance on the case you want to use.