NOT* Buying Ender 3 3D Printer, what to know, which to buy?

Streetguru

Going off of some reviews and websites it seems to be the cheap OEM printer to buy

but there's many listings on amazon, some with bonuses like a glass bottom, and extra nozzles, is that worth it?

Is it cheaper to just buy that stuff separately? Base price seems to have gone up to $209 on amazon at least

The one with a few extras is $259, *it appears to not be worth it* Now searching for which one to actually buy that won't end up being a lesser quality clone.

https://www.amazon.com/Comgrow-Creality-Ender-3X-Upgraded-Tempered/dp/B07DYL9B2S/ref=sr_1_5?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1542777274&sr=1-5&keywords=creality+ender+3

^Ender 3 upgrades/fixes in the last video, and maybe the Ender 3 isn't the way to go, 3D printing is such a pain.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

19 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Going off of some reviews and websites it seems to be the cheap OEM printer to buy

but there's many listings on amazon, some with bonuses like a glass bottom, and extra nozzles, is that worth it?

Is it cheaper to just buy that stuff separately? Base price seems to have gone up to $209 on amazon at least

The one with a few extras is $259, *it appears to not be worth it* Now searching for which one to actually buy that won't end up being a lesser quality clone.

https://www.amazon.com/Comgrow-Creality-Ender-3X-Upgraded-Tempered/dp/B07DYL9B2S/ref=sr_1_5?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1542777274&sr=1-5&keywords=creality+ender+3

^Ender 3 upgrades/fixes in the last video, and maybe the Ender 3 isn't the way to go, 3D printing is such a pain.

3d printing is always finicky, especially low cost. I know 2 people who bought the ender 2 and they love it. Takes a little setup but for initial practice/playing around with 3d printing they're great. Plus you can print the plastic parts for your next printer with it if you decide to go further. 

38 minutes ago, r4tch3t said:

3d printing is always finicky, especially low cost. I know 2 people who bought the ender 2 and they love it. Takes a little setup but for initial practice/playing around with 3d printing they're great. Plus you can print the plastic parts for your next printer with it if you decide to go further. 

Turns out it might be very well worth spending an extra $100 for the Anycubic i3

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

You're not going to find anything better for the price, I've had my Ender 3 for about 6 months and all together including purchase price and upgrades I maybe have $250 in it.  I also have a Ultimaker 1 and a CR-10 but lately the Ender 3 gets the most use unless I need the larger build volume of the CR-10.  The newest version with the glass build plate is nice but not worth the extra cost considering you can get the older version for under $200 shipped from Banggood.com and a custom cut piece of glass/mirror will be under $10 from your local hardware store.  Unless I need a absolutely smooth finish on the bottom of a part I actually prefer using the flexible plate that comes with the older version.

1 minute ago, johnny5c said:

I'll be sticking to amazon, but it seems like the anycubic i3 mega just werks out of the box for a bit more cash to start

Trying to find more reviews for the anycubic 4max, but it doesn't seem like a major upgrade over the i3 mega

Spoiler

My ender 3 is churning away next to me right now. It takes a little getting used to and I would certainly suggest buying a few upgrades before it even arrives.  Like an arduino to burn a bootloader onto it. The aluminium extruder upgrade and a BLTouch or other auto bed levelling sensor. Also capricorn tubing, if only for their fancy new pressure fittings. 

I've had it for under a month but I'm already turning out great prints, from a complete novice starting point.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:34 PM, Streetguru said:

I'll be sticking to amazon, but it seems like the anycubic i3 mega just werks out of the box for a bit more cash to start

Trying to find more reviews for the anycubic 4max, but it doesn't seem like a major upgrade over the i3 mega

Another reason to get the ender is support. The ender has many upgrades you can get and it's quite a decent printer. It doesn't make sense to spend anymore unless you go to something like a prusa or something. 

oh hey its my review lol. I HATE the extruder design, it lets down an otherwise decent mechanical approach to a low end 3D Printer. I'm currently testing the Ender 3 'pro' vs Ender 3 and functionally they're identical. If you get better couplers and closer tolerance PTFE you can substantially boost your printing quality. But bowden style is still not my favourite at all... personally I love the cetus from tiertime for a really decent entry level PLA only 3D printer.

10 hours ago, makersmuse said:

Your channel is the main one youtube was pushing into my feed after searching for 3d printing stuff, I think the botnet likes you.

Spoiler