Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joelw2003

Any suggestions when building in a itx case?

Posted · Original PosterOP
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For £148.98
Motherboard ASRock - B450 GAMING-ITX/AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For £104.39
Memory Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory Purchased For £108.65
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card Purchased For £303.00
Case Thermaltake - Core V1 Mini ITX Desktop Case Purchased For £39.98
Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For £59.99
Case Fan Noctua - NF-R8 redux-1200 21.07 CFM 80mm Fan Purchased For £9.62
Case Fan Noctua - NF-R8 redux-1200 21.07 CFM 80mm Fan Purchased For £9.62
Other Fan splitter Purchased For £8.40
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total £792.63
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-20 22:35 GMT+0000  

Rqcjgw

Everything is new in this list except the graphics card (prices are what I paid) opinions? Should be exceptionally great for 1080p gaming! (Please note I've already got a 480GB SSD for Windows + software and a 1tb HDD for games

Install the fans first. Then install the PSU and pre-route your cables for exactly what you need. Space is going to be tight, and this'll make it easier to work with while you still have as much room as possible.

The motherboard should be second to last, with all of what you can install in it already installed (do not install the video card). Then install the motherboard and plug everything in. The video card should be the last thing to plug in.

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Install the fans first. Then install the PSU and pre-route your cables for exactly what you need. Space is going to be tight, and this'll make it easier to work with while you still have as much room as possible.

The motherboard should be second to last, with all of what you can install in it already installed (do not install the video card). Then install the motherboard and plug everything in. The video card should be the last thing to plug in.

Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to use them!

4 hours ago, Joelw2003 said:

Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to use them!

I would pretty much agree with everything above. PSU definitely first, ESPECIALLY if you're using a semi modular power supply. 

My Corsair 380T has a similar layout to the Core V1 and thats more or less how I installed everything. Start from the bottom and work your way up.

20180707_155810.jpg

LTT Official Folding Month Oct 1st-Nov 4th! Donate your hardware to science, get forum badges and be entered for win PC hardware!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25