Design Your Own Amplifier - Taking feedback for future products

MayflowerElectronics

What would you use xlr for on an amp like this?

Passthrough, should have made it clear. Things like the Essence One

like a break out box for the essence then?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh, then why stop at just two amps? To pull from a bad cliche, why not a million?  :)

Cause umm jumping from 2 to a million seems like a bit much.

Are XLR connections an option on any of them?

I asked for that as well, when I asked for "balanced output"

What would you use xlr for on an amp like this?

Idk, me? or anyone with Studio Monitors?

I dont think they are pass through, they are controlled by the same knob as the RCA ones I believe.

Nope, they plug right in the back. I have them going to a Adam Sub7 then to a pair of Adam A5X's.

Kinda

Nope, they plug right in the back. I have them going to a Adam Sub7 then to a pair of Adam A5X's.

???

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

???

Idk but there are xlr jacks right on the back of the essence one and thats how im currently using them.

To the people suggesting a specific LED color - Since these are hand built items, it's reasonable to assume you can pick your color.  :rolleyes:

These probably won't be hand made. I have a hard time enough getting some labor to help solder the o2's.

You're thinking too gamer orientated. This product has to bridge between both gaming/audio markets. I won't go crazy with the microphone thing. If you have an XLR mic, you should have other dedicated devices for that. We'll also only have a pass through, for better cable management.

These probably won't be hand made. I have a hard time enough getting some labor to help solder the o2's.

You're thinking too gamer orientated. This product has to bridge between both gaming/audio markets. I won't go crazy with the microphone thing. If you have an XLR mic, you should have other dedicated devices for that. We'll also only have a pass through, for better cable management.

Ill solder them for you :D

I dont thnk the was talking about a mic since there is nothing to do with a mic on a essence one.

Oh, you're big enough to buy fancy robot solder machines?

No, most company's don't. You contract out that stuff.

No, most company's don't. You contract out that stuff.

Wave soldering machine FTW. 

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Lol if you want to loan me $32k, and a bigger shop, i'll get right on it.

Sure, I have a thing going on with a nigerian prince, He's suppose to call back any day now and we'll get it done. 

Mystery is the source of all true science.

When could we expect to see this new product. I want to get the o2 but if this will be out within a few months I would rather wait. I am not looking for a specific month, just if you expect it to be in 2014 if so, what quarter?

As for the features on your new product I think they are all great ideas. I also think the mic pass though would be great as I plan on getting a mod mic and it would be great if my headphones and mic went to the same place instead of having my headphones go to an amp/dac and the mic go to the back or front of my computer.  

Hmmm...How about an option to have one mountable in the front panel´s 5.25 bay and powered trough Molex or something. 

This has been covered in this thread before. To much interference in the case, and half the idea is to get out of the noisy environment of a computer case.

Lol if you want to loan me $32k, and a bigger shop, i'll get right on it.

I can arrange this if you get me a time machine or a time rift to the past.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

• 5 months later...

Old topic, but I don't think you understand how hard I would buy an ODAC+Objective2 that had a mic passthrough. If you don't make one, I'll just mod mine when I'm in the market for an odac+objective2, but I'd be glad to pay a small premium.

will look forward to it. bring it affordable

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

If it's going to be powered by 5 or 12v DC you might add a option to replace the adapter by a long Molex to DC plug cable. This way people can power it with their own PSU, cable can be put trough a watercooling grommet.