What CPU to Buy - Late 2018

17 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

it went so fast, my store had 10+ when I went to bed last night, had 9 when I left for work, had 2 when I got to work less then an hour later and sold out shortly after that, then an hour or 2 after that Newegg sold out, currently the next cheapest option is Amazon at $176 and change, which is not far from what Microcenter had been selling them for prior to the sale. I was hoping to talk the boss into buying one for the office PC so we can dump the FX6300 but they where all gone before he got back.

Doesn't surprise me. Had I known they were going to be on sale so cheap, and sell so fast, I would have made an effort to buy another just to keep as a spare!

I'm waiting to order my new fans and cooler from Newegg or Amazon, either tomorrow or Monday. Might have to check out some GTX1070's (maybe Ti) as well. Even though I just bought my 1060 not even two months ago. I'm going to MC this Sunday too. I have a feeling I might spend a small fortune, the money Gods have been kind to me lately.

Never rub another man's rhubarb!

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

4 hours ago, Compassionate Homicide said:

Doesn't surprise me. Had I known they were going to be on sale so cheap, and sell so fast, I would have made an effort to buy another just to keep as a spare!

I'm waiting to order my new fans and cooler from Newegg or Amazon, either tomorrow or Monday. Might have to check out some GTX1070's (maybe Ti) as well. Even though I just bought my 1060 not even two months ago. I'm going to MC this Sunday too. I have a feeling I might spend a small fortune, the money Gods have been kind to me lately.

I would have reserved one for myself, but I've been spending money left and right on my remodel and need to allocate most of my "non-emergency" funds to the reno and I also bought in on a Samsung Pay/BestBuy deal, Samsung pay did a 30% cashback from Best Buy purchases the other day (capped at $100) and Bestbuy has the 10TB Western Digital Easyshare (or something like that) External Drives for $180 (normally $300) which are "shuckable" so I ordered a pair and will be using them as game drives / video storage drives in my gaming Desktop that until now has been limited to a 256GB M.2 SSD while I have 30+ Steam Games.

4 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

I would have reserved one for myself, but I've been spending money left and right on my remodel and need to allocate most of my "non-emergency" funds to the reno and I also bought in on a Samsung Pay/BestBuy deal, Samsung pay did a 30% cashback from Best Buy purchases the other day (capped at $100) and Bestbuy has the 10TB Western Digital Easyshare (or something like that) External Drives for $180 (normally $300) which are "shuckable" so I ordered a pair and will be using them as game drives / video storage drives in my gaming Desktop that until now has been limited to a 256GB M.2 SSD while I have 30+ Steam Games.

Sweet! I hate BB...overpriced mass consumer garbage usually. But I'm going to check that out. Are they at least WD Blue drives? I won't mess with greens.

Send me a link in a PM, we're getting off topic and I don't want to annoy the mods.

Never rub another man's rhubarb!

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

• 1 year later...

Is there gonna be a 2019 version of this?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup