quiet mic

Pesky Ngon

I recently changed my mobo and cpu. now if I plug my mic in the front audio jack it picks up my voice as a deafening buzzing mess. if I plug it in the rear panel its super quiet. my old mobo used Realtek audio and I had a bunch of settings in there I can change, but on this one I cant find any software like that. new mobo is X370 gaming pro carbon. any help would be appreciated.

Just now, Pesky Ngon said:

I recently changed my mobo and cpu. now if I plug my mic in the front audio jack it picks up my voice as a deafening buzzing mess. if I plug it in the rear panel its super quiet. my old mobo used Realtek audio and I had a bunch of settings in there I can change, but on this one I cant find any software like that. new mobo is X370 gaming pro carbon. any help would be appreciated.

blue yeti has different pickup modes (omnidirectional, cardiod, etc) and a gain control

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

blue yeti has different pickup modes (omnidirectional, cardiod, etc) and a gain control

I don't have blue yeti unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, Pesky Ngon said:

I don't have blue yeti unfortunately. 

i know im suggesting you get one for black friday

but if you cannot, i suggest looking to see if there is anything wrong with the connection ports you plug it into

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

13 minutes ago, Pesky Ngon said:

This could potentially be caused by background noise which can be filtered out by most software for editing videos or sound. Are you trying to remove the background sound for a certain specific purpose such as for creating videos, which microphone are you using, and do you have a dedicated sound card or you using the motherboard's integrated one (a sound card which is dedicated can clear up recorded audio from sound inputs like microphones and should give you a better audio experience in general with your system).

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

This could potentially be caused by background noise which can be filtered out by most software for editing videos or sound. Are you trying to remove the background sound for a certain specific purpose such as for creating videos, which microphone are you using, and do you have a dedicated sound card or you using the motherboard's integrated one (a sound card which is dedicated can clear up recorded audio from sound inputs like microphones and should give you a better audio experience in general with your system).

im using the motherboard ports. I know its not my mic because 1: it was working perfectly before. 2: I get two different results using different ports on the new board. as for noise removal, ive tried to turn off every noise altering setting I can. and also bosted the mic as high as it will go in windows. 

Did you clean install windows when replacing the motherboard like you should have?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Did you clean install windows when replacing the motherboard like you should have?

yup, I knew It might cause driver issues to go from intel to amd so completely new install

2 minutes ago, Pesky Ngon said:

yup, I knew It might cause driver issues to go from intel to amd so completely new install

Did you change any cable runs when you installed the new motherboard?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The certain drivers which are dedicated to/for sound of the system could be not accurate to the hardware configuration or be corrupt. I would recommend installing the most latest sound drivers again for your system and see if that would be able to solve the sound quality issues which you are experiencing with your system.This would only be applicable with systems with single drives without another disk which is for error checking with the original copy which would make if very unlikely that it went corrupt as in terms of drivers and system files. Do you have the system recovery feature enabled as that could solve the issue if one version of windows or point of recovery went corrupt and you could use another one if you have had it work at the point of going back, make sure that you have your important files backed up beforehand restoring your computer system using a system restore point?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch