which is the best 144hz Monitor for under 250€?

TheManInTheSuite

Hello!

I need a bit of advice, i need a new Monitor, i've been rockin' a TN 60Hz Panel for about 3 Years, but i want to upgrade to a 144hz 1080p Monitor for less than 250€

My Options are as followed:

MSI Optix MAG24C - 230€
AOC G2460PF - 215€
AOC G2590PX - 250€

I don't know which one would the best, i know that the AOC Options are TN Panels and the MSI one is a VA Panel and Curved.
i've never used a curved Monitor, how is it? Not only for gaming, but for General use, since it's a 24" Monitor
I also know that the VA Panel possibly has better color accuracy and deeper blacks, but what's with ghosting, how bad is that?
i don't know anything else about those 3 Monitors and im happy to get advice!
Thanks in advance! 

and btw, I don't have an AMD Card, so FreeSync is lost on me anyways. And i live in Germany!

1 minute ago, BOBWARPATH said:

But shipping is like 70€ so... better not. 

Just now, BOBWARPATH said:

/TheManInTheSuite   says free shipping and power of prime

He is Europe!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT | RAM: GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W 80+ Gold | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C MONITOR: LG 32UL500-W 4K 60Hz, Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 165Hz

Im actually quite salty I bought asus's 3d vision 144 hz monitor 2 years ago for 350, this is 170...

/TheManInTheSuite   says free shipping and power of prime

Im from Germany! 

Im actually quite salty I bought asus's 3d vision 144 hz monitor 2 years ago for 350, this is 170...

The asus vg248qe? i don't know if it's really good or not, but i find it quite old. 

1 hour ago, TheManInTheSuite said:

The asus vg248qe? i don't know if it's really good or not, but i find it quite old. 

yup that's my monitor

well, hope u still like it tho, even if it's like half the price now!  

Oh I love it, but I want dual monitors AND I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER ONE XDXDXD

I have been thinking of getting 2 scepters, and just having triple with it in the middle.

I have been thinking of getting 2 scepters, and just having triple with it in the middle.

would it be worth it? or maybe one 1440p 144hz Panel? i guess it could be better, but i don't know honestly, depends on your budget, your needs/what u gonna do with it and what GPU u have!

well, hope u can upgrade soon! i only need one so yeah xD

Good luck!

Good luck!

if nobody helps me im just gonna buy the MSI and hope it fits my needs xD 

would it be worth it? or maybe one 1440p 144hz Panel? i guess it could be better, but i don't know honestly, depends on your budget, your needs/what u gonna do with it and what GPU u have!

To be honest, I have a 1060, and I really don't run it at 144hz, because my card is lower teir, I cant even see the difference XDXD no matter how much tuning. So I guess we'll see when I upgrade next year or two

if nobody helps me im just gonna buy the MSI and hope it fits my needs xD 

If your using a lower end card, go with a regular 90hz or lower monitor, if your gpu struggles at 144 like mine, you'll save fps with lower end monitor

To be honest, I have a 1060, and I really don't run it at 144hz, because my card is lower teir, I cant even see the difference XDXD no matter how much tuning. So I guess we'll see when I upgrade next year or two

well, than good luck to u! i have an RTX 2080, so i REALLY need that upgrade, 60hz 1080p is just.... well, yeah, kinda dumb with that GPU. Btw i regret that i didn't got the 1080ti instead, i had hopes, maybe a bit more tuning can help RayTracing, other hope's DLSS, when this fails, i've wasted 150-200€. 

If your using a lower end card, go with a regular 90hz or lower monitor, if your gpu struggles at 144 like mine, you'll save fps with lower end monitor

i get 144FPS or more with Vsync of, so i need to upgrade xD

Well ray tracing has seem some reports, and Linus's video talks about how it literally CUTS your fps In half with rtx on

Well ray tracing has seem some reports, and Linus's video talks about how it literally CUTS your fps In half with rtx on

i know, that's the problem, i knew it would perform bad, but i hoped 1080p 60Fps, because it's a hard to run Technique. But not even that is possible, at least not in the SP, MP Looks better, but then, u need more FPS in the MP so why turn it on?

True. And also the card will probably perform better anyways, since now that it's the newest card, driver support will be godly once it gets up and running

True. And also the card will probably perform better anyways, since now that it's the newest card, driver support will be godly once it gets up and running

i hope so! at least i know for sure that the architecture did change, best example is the GTX 1080 ti vs RTX 2080 on same clockspeeds, the 2080 has 2944 CUDA Cores, while the 1080ti has 3564, but both perform very similar, so IPC did improve.