Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Benjamins

Lab Grown Meat gets closer to see consumer plates

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Never had, and most likely never will.

But I would try it if it was offered for free to me, but I'd need a napkin ready just in case.

Well its a $15 burger and it tastes better to me than most meat burgers, though i do like a good turkey burger too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Well its a $15 burger and it tastes better to me than most meat burgers, though i do like a good turkey burger too.

The best burgers are Sirloin and Ribeye burgers, on the BBQ with a slightly toasted bun and small amount of bbq sauce and a bit more of mustard and a XXL jug of ice cold tap beer with one glass, optional, I've been known to swagger drinking straight outta the jug ;) while the women like their fancy dancy Metropolitan drinks.

Jalapeno Jack cheese is optional.

Now dont get me wrong, I did the Pineapple burg from Fat Burger but minimum per person cost is $20 for a combo. I've also tried a Montreal Smoked meat burger, and the Avacado burger which was a little heavy for me. Sweet Patatoe Fries is a must with slightly hot mayo/hot sauce dip.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the thing we really need to educate people and kids meat is bad in huge amount as we can eat fish vegetable fruit can be the whole lunch then a dessert juicy steak or reward treat and try to moderate our food?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
20 minutes ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

the thing we really need to educate people and kids meat is bad in huge amount as we can eat fish vegetable fruit can be the whole lunch then a dessert juicy steak or reward treat and try to moderate our food?

I believe diets are more complex then everyone should eat 1 way.

jonathan peterson has stated that his health has massively improved from a meat and greens diet, he started the diet based on his daughter having major health and depression improvements with that diet. Which is why I feel diets should be catered to the person, versus a blanket statement.

 

But I agree that we should focus more on educating the public of better diets, its effects, and tasty ways to stay within a healthy diet.


if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to study food culture from Japan people as also Japanese government help they force every one healthy organic food as you cant abuse easy cheap addict people mind like America fast food super size or everything haves sugar or salt even the vegetables also including stores.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

We need to study food culture from Japan people as also Japanese government help they force every one healthy organic food as you cant abuse easy cheap addict people mind like America fast food super size or everything haves sugar or salt even the vegetables also including stores.

 

Its very true that Japanese people(who eat traditionally!) eat a lot of nutrient dense foods, healthy seafoods with good fats, fermented foods, almost no beef or unhealthy meats, almost no wheat. Rice is the primary starch traditionally, so they dont get the negative effects of a high gluten diet. They tend to eat lower calorie foods, with lots of antioxidants, probiotic bacteria, and caloric restriction has been proven to increase lifespan.

 

They also dont eat the kind of garbage most of the rest of the developed world does, which is filled with toxic additives and toxic shit like canola, HFCS, RBGH, antibiotics, unsafe GMOs. They actually have strict laws regarding GMOs in Japan and last time i checked they had no commercial farming of GMOs either and imported GMO containing foods have to be labeled. Meanwhile they try pass laws to ban labeling of GMOs in the USA so its impossible to know what youre getting.

 

And until recently they didnt use much sewage as fertilizer(called biosolids in the USA), but western influences like that and shitty fast food are spreading to Japan too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 12:20 PM, dalekphalm said:

I don't think anyone is forcing you to eat lab grown meat, with a gun to your head. They're just trying to understand why you feel the way you do.

I'm just confused as to how you can not care for it, when you've never tried it.

It's called an opinion.  @Crunchy Dragon doesn't have to justify an opinion.  No one does, that's why it's an opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

It's called an opinion.  @Crunchy Dragon doesn't have to justify an opinion.  No one does, that's why it's an opinion.

Sure. But that doesn't stop people from asking why. Putting out an opinion without reasoning or justification behind it is asking for that opinion to be analyzed, dissected, and questioned.

 

It's nature of the public discourse that is a web forum. If he didn't want people to comment on his opinion, posting it in a public forum maybe isn't the best idea then.


For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

here is my concern. a chemical PHD i know told a story. One of her professor tried to reproduce wine by pure chemicals. He used spectrometer to identify every element in the wine and their concentration. The liquid produced have the exact same spectral performance, but that liquid does not taste the same at all.

Man made meat is really good, since it reduce carbon footprint of meat as well as the animal abuse involved in the current production. But artificial food is dangerous and need way tighter regulation and a very long time to exam in order to make ppl believe they are safe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about this a little more, if its mass producible it will certainly benefit the US most. Hear a lot of horror stories surrounding animal treatment there. People forget we are guests on this planet and need to leave it the way we left it (as a race, I wouldn't want to leave it as it was in 1996). The carbon emissions from cows is quite prevalent and often unavoidable with farming cattle. This should hopefully down regulate those emissions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Sure. But that doesn't stop people from asking why. Putting out an opinion without reasoning or justification behind it is asking for that opinion to be analyzed, dissected, and questioned.

 

It's nature of the public discourse that is a web forum. If he didn't want people to comment on his opinion, posting it in a public forum maybe isn't the best idea then.

The only thing I would add is that some people can over analyse an opinion and miss the basics of the point completely.  It can be very frustrating when a generalization is true, but because the finer points can be argued infinitely people feel the need to argue them beyond the scope of the original intention.  Picking out one or two important conditions or qualifications is fine, but the pages of irrelevance is not.


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Devin92 said:

But artificial food is dangerous and need way tighter regulation and a very long time to exam in order to make ppl believe they are safe.

Things like GMO crops are some of the most heavily regulated and tested foods we have.

I am sure that this lab grown meat will be extensively tested before it starts appearing in supermarkets around the world. It will go through far more testing than the meat we currently eat has been through.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The sooner the meat farming industry can die the better, industrialised raising and then killing of animals has always felt off to me. Plus it's absolutely wrecking the planet, both directly and indirectly.


        Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 3 XL Clearly White 

  

                                     

 

 

                                                                           

                                                                              

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Things like GMO crops are some of the most heavily regulated and tested foods we have.

I am sure that this lab grown meat will be extensively tested before it starts appearing in supermarkets around the world. It will go through far more testing than the meat we currently eat has been through.

You mean the internal safety reviews done by people working for the GMO company? The ones the FDA, which has a revolving door to Monsanto, says "im sure theyre thorough enough" while lining their pockets with billions of dollars.

 

Just like all those approved drugs that are recalled after a bunch of people die.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 10:30 PM, patriciadiaz1919 said:

the thing we really need to educate people and kids meat is bad in huge amount as we can eat fish

So, instead of eating meat, we should eat meat.

Got it.

 

Spoiler

Fish is also meat.

 


Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

 

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

 

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

 

Everybody turns to dust.

 

Everybody turns to dust.

 

The blood is on your hands.

 

The blood is on your hands!

 

Pyo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

You mean the internal safety reviews done by people working for the GMO company? The ones the FDA, which has a revolving door to Monsanto, says "im sure theyre thorough enough" while lining their pockets with billions of dollars.

 

Just like all those approved drugs that are recalled after a bunch of people die.

Yes, I mean those.

I truly believe that out of all the regulatory bodies in the world (remember, there are more countries than the US), some will do proper testing and not let dangerous food go out to the market. Maybe you believe all people who work in regulatory bodies are corrupt, but I don't.

 

And since I suspect that you will now pull up some example of where some food product has retroactively been banned, please bear in mind that sometimes future studies disproves what we believed to be true in the present. That does not mean it's a conspiracy where people knew about it but decided that the money was worth some people dying. It just means that sometimes we make the incorrect judgement (or in some cases, are retroactively overly cautious).

 

I also believe that it is in the best interest of the people creating this to make it safe.

 

Like I said earlier, this meat will most likely be more strictly and heavily regulated than regular meat too. All things like GMO crops has so far been more regulated and undergone more testing, so I don't see that changing anytime soon. Considering how much medicine and other chemicals gets injected into your regular meat (things like very large amounts of antibiotics), I don't see why you'd trust regular meat over this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the long run it is much more realistic that you will all be eating grasshoppers, mealworms and seaweed.. Don't get me wrong, I think its exiting that you can grow stuff like this in a lab, not that I want to put my mouth near it, but its exiting. Our main problem however is not food, pollution, etc. but rather the fact that we have so much overpopulation on Earth that we will never really survive anyway no matter what we do, unless ofc we suddenly skrink alot in population.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Citadelen said:

The sooner the meat farming industry can die the better, industrialised raising and then killing of animals has always felt off to me. Plus it's absolutely wrecking the planet, both directly and indirectly.

So is growing vegetables and fruit (Wrecking the planet that is).. The main problem is as I said above in the other comment overpopulation

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Sahl said:

In the long run it is much more realistic that you will all be eating grasshoppers, mealworms and seaweed.. Don't get me wrong, I think its exiting that you can grow stuff like this in a lab, not that I want to put my mouth near it, but its exiting. Our main problem however is not food, pollution, etc. but rather the fact that we have so much overpopulation on Earth that we will never really survive anyway no matter what we do, unless ofc we suddenly skrink alot in population.

People don't like to talk about over population, the answers scare people.

 

Do we restrict birth rates, save less lives, remove statistically unwanted people.


if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Link to post
Share on other sites

i sure hope this works and its not yet another scam, food is so bad where i live  everything is low quality meat and low quantity meat products filled with additives its like 15-40% meat of questionable source and the rest is fat and chemicals, soy modified shit 

if this is safe genetically and has good protein low fat meat  its a dream only if they can mass produce it i would be an early adopter

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yian88 said:

i sure hope this works and its not yet another scam, food is so bad where i live  everything is low quality meat and low quantity meat products filled with additives its like 15-40% meat of questionable source and the rest is fat and chemicals, soy modified shit 

if this is safe genetically and has good protein low fat meat  its a dream only if they can mass produce it i would be an early adopter

Producing food like this is likely to be the key to sustainably healthy living for everyone on the planet.   As much as I enjoy a good grass fed steak from the local, the reality is framing (both crops and cattle) uses land that needs to be set aside for greener living.

 


QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×