I CAN'T DEAL WITH WINDOWS 10

MyLittleFella

I just don't dude. My god. Since it was released, I avoid that shit. The only reason I'm using it it's because I bought a new PC last year before Coffee Lake and for some reason even when I'm using generation2 ISOs I didn't manage that shit to run with Windows 7. I'm on LTSB 1607 now. God bless this version, I tested the LTSC 1809 and I hated it. It's still the LTSB somehow but It already has some BS from this latest version.

F#ck you MS. You and Cortana, Edge, Store, Xbox App and all that crap. MY DESKTOP IS NOT A TABLET NOR AN ULTRABOOK.

I wanna go to Microsoft's HQ and scream this picture below at Satya Nadella:

image.png.18913375674239ee5c1650110da9bc93.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

i'm using Windows 8.1 on my pc. i like it over 7 because it's a lot faster. 

and yes, i avoid 10 like the plague. it has so many problems and bugs that annoy me to no end. 

as for my laptop i switched to a MacBook just because i can't deal with any version of Windows for a laptop. macOS is so nice... gestures and all. 

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i'm using Windows 8.1 on my pc. i like it over 7 because it's a lot faster. 

and yes, i avoid 10 like the plague. it has so many problems and bugs that annoy me to no end. 

as for my laptop i switched to a MacBook just because i can't deal with any version of Windows for a laptop. macOS is so nice... gestures and all. 

Yeah I'm considering getting one to develop my frontend shit.

About Win8.1 maybe I'm going to switchback to it in the future. But I'll try to install seven once again. I don't care about updates. I mean, MS still releases security updates for it so I'm good.

And btw, my GPU is fine once again LOL

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Just now, MyLittleFella said:

Yeah I'm considering getting one to develop my frontend shit.

About Win8.1 maybe I'm going to switchback to it in the future. But I'll try to install seven once again. I don't care about updates. I mean, MS still releases security updates for it so I'm good.

the update blocking thing they're doing includes security updates as far as i know. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

the update blocking thing they're doing includes security updates as far as i know. 

believe me or not, I managed once to install it with gen2 isos that use Win10 bat files as base. But on cinebench, my 7700k instead of the common 970 points, droped to almost 700 or even 600.

17 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

And if you like Windows 10, IDK dude, your crazy. I can't be the only one who thinks this way.

Thanks. Love y'all. Use Windows 7 or even 8.1, but if you can, stay away from 10.

Linux is my man. Respect that os. (and its FREE)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

2 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

Linux is my man. Respect that os. (and its FREE)

i love Linux, but for gaming it's not the best. that's what keeps me on 8.1... 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

i love Linux, but for gaming it's not the best. that's what keeps me on 8.1... 

i agree, i use it to code.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

1 minute ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

i agree, i use it to code.

that makes sense.

but like, i use a server as my main pc, so what for most Linux users is a 1 minute reboot to go to Windows for games, my machien takes 5 minutes to reboot... so... i don't wanna dual-boot. 

She/Her

Meh. Windows 10 is relatively fine.  Just got to know how to delete, remove, uninstall, and regedit away all the numerous nuisances.  Like...why isn't there an easier way to remove all the default live tabs on the start menu aside from deleting them all individually?  Win10 at work is even easier since I don't have to spend any brainpower vetting updates...some other poor sucker has a job testing each update and patch.  Fortunately everything's far more granular in terms of control with the enterprise versions it seems.

Honestly, it'd probably avoid about 80% of the hate if they'd go back to the old Windows update model.  Forced updates that break things?  I defer every single update now for at least 30 days to allow for news and tech site reports.

36 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

-snip-

Check out Classic Start. You can bring back the Windows 7 start menu, it's wonderful.

Aside from that, I'm on Win 10 Pro version 1609 with updates killed off, Windows store disabled, and Cortana as far banished into hell as possible. Hasn't been too bad so far.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

5 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Check out Classic Start. You can bring back the Windows 7 start menu, it's wonderful.

Aside from that, I'm on Win 10 Pro version 1609 with updates killed off, Windows store disabled, and Cortana as far banished into hell as possible. Hasn't been too bad so far.

Yeah, well, you're only two years behind in updates. Windows 10 grows on you even as it annoys you.  It's kind of like untreated jock itch.

At least you can still kill Cortana in policies and regedit.

4 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

Just run this patch in Windows 7 or 8 to get rid of the "unsupported hardware" message and have Windows Update working like normal again for all CPUs:

https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

4 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Another good start menu replacement with lots of customization is startisback.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I understand your pain but in the future the only solution is to getting over it.
Using old OSes is dangerous. I don't see yet Linux to be a total replacement for Windows, but Microsoft REALLY needs to understand that professionals don't need Cortana, or candy crush soda, xbox and all the other things pre-installed. I don't know, just create a specific version or just make their installation images minimal for professionals.

You are even paying an OS which pre-installs other proprietary software making an sort of advertisement, seriously? This is like the old OEM crap...  Windows 10 Education is a step forward but you need a specific license, I was lucky in my case I had one.
But for other people they need to remove things manually.

In my situation I just use Windows 10 education and some tweaks in the group policy about Windows update so I check for updates when I don't have something important to do.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Lukyp said:

I understand your pain but in the future the only solution is to getting over it.
Using old OSes is dangerous. I don't see yet Linux to be a total replacement for Windows, but Microsoft REALLY needs to understand that professionals don't need Cortana, or candy crush soda, xbox and all the other things pre-installed. I don't know, just create a specific version or just make their installation images minimal for professionals.

You are even paying an OS which pre-installs other proprietary software making an sort of advertisement, seriously? This is like the old OEM crap...  Windows 10 Education is a step forward but you need a specific license, I was lucky in my case I had one.
But for other people they need to remove things manually.

In my situation I just use Windows 10 education and some tweaks in the group policy about Windows update so I check for updates when I don't have something important to do.

Finally someone who gets me. There is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB that recently become LTSC. Honestly, that is the best Win10 version out there. But MS only *officially* sell it through VL for Companies/Organizations.

Uncle Billy is evil, I don't like that guy.  MACs blow goat.  So we don't have a say so in either situation. LOL

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

I really don't understand why people hate 10 so much, I loved windows 7 a lot, i tried 8 and liked that, then 10, love it. Really struggle to see the issues people have with 10 because i've never had a single issue with 10 to date... I can't say that about 7 and 8 sadly.

1 minute ago, Benjeh said:

I really don't understand why people hate 10 so much, I loved windows 7 a lot, i tried 8 and liked that, then 10, love it. Really struggle to see the issues people have with 10 because i've never had a single issue with 10 to date... I can't say that about 7 and 8 sadly.

People don't like garbage and ads forcefully installed on their system. Every time I install Windows 10, I have to remove a ton of bloatware. Some people also care more about their privacy than you seem to. The latest release has also been a disaster of bugs.

It's okay for you to love Windows 10, but it shouldn't be difficult to see why some people have a problem with it.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

People don't like garbage and ads forcefully installed on their system. Every time I install Windows 10, I have to remove a ton of bloatware. Some people also care more about their privacy than you seem to. The latest release has also been a disaster of bugs.

It's okay for you to love Windows 10, but it shouldn't be difficult to see why some people have a problem with it.

I've not experienced any privacy issues nor have I had any bugs? Am I doing something wrong? I guess the only thing I notice is a micro stutter every now and then on this intel rig which wasn't there on my AMD 8350 rig. I put it down to the hardware but I'm uncertain.

1 minute ago, Benjeh said:

I've not experienced any privacy issues nor have I had any bugs? Am I doing something wrong? I guess the only thing I notice is a micro stutter every now and then on this intel rig which wasn't there on my AMD 8350 rig. I put it down to the hardware but I'm uncertain.

If you don't realize how much information Windows 10 collects on your activity then you've been living under a rock. As for the bugs, they don't affect everyone. You've been luckier than a lot of people. For example, the October update permenantly deleted user files for some people. For me, my license was deactivated.

It's really the loss of control that people hate most. You can't make Windows 10 not spy on you. You can't make it not force updates when you don't want them. A lot of people didn't even want Windows 10 to begin with, but had their systems forceably updated without their consent by Microsoft.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

If you don't realize how much information Windows 10 collects on your activity then you've been living under a rock. As for the bugs, they don't affect everyone. You've been luckier than a lot of people. For example, the October update permenantly deleted user files for some people. For me, my license was deactivated.

It's really the loss of control that people hate most. You can't make Windows 10 not spy on you. You can't make it not force updates when you don't want them. A lot of people didn't even want Windows 10 to begin with, but had their systems forceably updated without their consent by Microsoft.

What information is it collecting?
I think the forced updates are to keep people upto date, i mean people are still running XP because they're so afraid of advancement. 

2 hours ago, Benjeh said:

What information is it collecting?
I think the forced updates are to keep people upto date, i mean people are still running XP because they're so afraid of advancement. 

That's got a summary.

13 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's got a summary.

so literally nothing to be worried about basically.

34 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

so literally nothing to be worried about basically.

Very much to be worried about as far as most people are concerned, but to each his own.  Honestly, given your incredible amount of ignorance on Windows 10 tracking you in the first place, I'm not surprised you can't see how it's a problem.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Very much to be worried about as far as most people are concerned, but to each his own.  Honestly, given your incredible amount of ignorance on Windows 10 tracking you in the first place, I'm not surprised you can't see how it's a problem.

I've known windows 10 to send data, I was questioning if you know what it sends, to which you've not answered, you just sent me a video. Basically linus didn't list anything to be worried about.