Poor service, on hold for ages, no resolution to problems? You may have a low Customer Score with the company. More companies are using it.

GoodBytes
2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Ouch! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ?

Whats NBN?

National Broadband Network, Government-created project to "upgrade" the internet backbone capabilities of the country and replace the POTS system with (what was MEANT to be) Fibre (FTTP, FTTC and FTTN in different places), side-grading the HFC network where there's already HFC, by basically buying all the in-country landline/internet backbone hardware (not touching the international cables from memory) from companies like Telstra, Optus and such and replacing it where needed (most of the copper networks basically).

5 hours ago, Technous285 said:

National Broadband Network, Government-created project to "upgrade" the internet backbone capabilities of the country and replace the POTS system with (what was MEANT to be) Fibre (FTTP, FTTC and FTTN in different places), side-grading the HFC network where there's already HFC, by basically buying all the in-country landline/internet backbone hardware (not touching the international cables from memory) from companies like Telstra, Optus and such and replacing it where needed (most of the copper networks basically).

The worst thing is none of the NBN provide gigabit internet.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

3 hours ago, williamcll said:

The worst thing is none of the NBN provide gigabit internet.

2 hours ago, Technous285 said:

A pain, true, but I'd be happy with 100/40mbps as that means I don't need to wait days for most games or other programs to download, and I can get back into streaming without needing 4G data (I get about 34mbps down/up over 4G here) and tethering.

They have plans to provide it, but according to the NBN Co. there isn't enough demand to make the speed tier properly viable.  It kinda makes sense when you scale the cost of connections that most people don't really need more than 100Mb/s so why pay for more?  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8 hours ago, mr moose said:

They have plans to provide it, but according to the NBN Co. there isn't enough demand to make the speed tier properly viable.  It kinda makes sense when you scale the cost of connections that most people don't really need more than 100Mb/s so why pay for more?  

pffft I already find 200Mbps to be slow lol

Also, imagine if customer score is shared between telecom companies.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 8:46 PM, poochyena said:

Customers can rate companies, so it only makes sense that companies rate customers.

The difference is thats its not only a matter of opinions for their use case. It is used to determine the level of service you will receive. It means it gimps your ability to appropriately receive service if they deem you to be a bad client. The worse is that its for reasons unbeknownst to you even. If you have legitimit reasons to ask for service, you should rightfully be given it not played with

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Remember those of us who said "companies gathering every bit of data on you is a bad thing that should not be tolerated in any way shape or form"?

Yeah. We're still here. And we're laughing. Hysterical, tragic, laughter.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, maartendc said:

How is all of this even legal? Does this not violate consumer protection laws?

Why would it? Unless they start sharing it with other companies there's no reason a company shouldn't be able to take notes about their own customers.

-KuJoe

I used to get 116Mbps down with 4G+ 5 bar signal on my phone. Now I get 50Mbps at best, still with 4G+ 5 bar signal. 

Seems this customer score thing is legit since my phone company hates me. Not sure why though.