Poor service, on hold for ages, no resolution to problems? You may have a low Customer Score with the company. More companies are using it.

GoodBytes
20 hours ago, Donut417 said:

How much does he pay? Cause the lowest plan for one line is like $60. He's not going to get service cheaper than what they advertise. 

Thats not how phone companies work. Basically all phone companies will offer you loyalty prices if you've been around long enough. For example here in Canada my parents have been with Clearnet (now Telus) since 1995. The company sees that and will give you discounts for being with the company for so long. You just have to negotiate for it. Companies care a lot about loyalty and will bend the rules for you. Heres a marketplace video on it - 

At our family butcher shop, there is definitely different treatment for people who come a lot, and also for people who are assholes at work. Give better treatment to the people who support your business, it just makes sense. 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

21 hours ago, Dominik W. said:

Maybe this explains why sometimes they do nothing he asked for.

There is always one other possibility, that the company is inept at what they are doing.

20 hours ago, Commodus said:

For example, I remember Dell XPS buyers having support separate from the Inspiron crowd.  Bought a flagship gaming rig?  Right this way, you'll talk to our best people and we'll practically massage your feet while we're at it.  Couldn't justify it or didn't get lucky with a job out of college?  Aw, too bad... hope you don't mind two-hour calls to someone who's clearly just reading from a script.

This is kinda distantly related to my day job. I've visited customer sites where they handle such calls for a different category of product. They will have different people trained at different things. The luxury product call handlers were fewer, and in a separate area from the masses. Is it possible they train relatively more to handle the let's call it premium customers? Maybe. I didn't have those numbers.

At the end of the day maximising customers is not what they want to do, it is maximising profits. Actually, it even applies to non-profit organisations like charities. One time I started a regular donation to a large well known charity. I must have missed a box to opt out somewhere, but a load of other charities large and small contacted me after that trying to get me to sign up also. The original one I signed up for also constantly tried to get me to increase my donation also.

And a final thought to end on, I also get what I call a disloyalty bonus. There's a company I've used on and off for a long time. They have a loyalty card scheme and I get discount vouchers randomly in the post from them. Since I stopped shopping with them, the discount amounts are much bigger. Cashiers in the store look in disbelief and say they never get that much off. I never did either when I was a regular. Guess they really want me back. I don't usually hold back my spending there...

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

17 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Thats not how phone companies work. Basically all phone companies will offer you loyalty prices if you've been around long enough. For example here in Canada my parents have been with Clearnet (now Telus) since 1995. The company sees that and will give you discounts for being with the company for so long. You just have to negotiate for it. Companies care a lot about loyalty and will bend the rules for you. Heres a marketplace video on it - 

At our family butcher shop, there is definitely different treatment for people who come a lot, and also for people who are assholes at work. Give better treatment to the people who support your business, it just makes sense. 

Well most companies here in the US gave up on promotions for existing customers. T Mobile will give you their first born child if your a new customer, but if your existing, you tend to get fewer deals if any. Its all about adding new lines of service, if your not doing that dont expect much. The cheapest T Mobile plan is 2 lines for $30 each for a total of $60 a month with taxes and fees include and its for people 55+. The next step is the T Mobile One plan which is $70 a month with taxes and fees included for a single line. Though those prices to take in the cost of financing a device or the insurance cost. 

This is why Im on the 4 lines for $100 plan that they no longer offer. Even though I dont get "Unlimited data", It will just be throttled when I go over 2 Gigs, I still pay less with 4 lines than I would with the newer plan. Though their service is much better than Sprint, who I had before. And they aint raping me like Verizon would be. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

23 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Well most companies here in the US gave up on promotions for existing customers. T Mobile will give you their first born child if your a new customer, but if your existing, you tend to get fewer deals if any. Its all about adding new lines of service, if your not doing that dont expect much. The cheapest T Mobile plan is 2 lines for $30 each for a total of $60 a month with taxes and fees include and its for people 55+. The next step is the T Mobile One plan which is $70 a month with taxes and fees included for a single line. Though those prices to take in the cost of financing a device or the insurance cost. 

This is why Im on the 4 lines for $100 plan that they no longer offer. Even though I dont get "Unlimited data", It will just be throttled when I go over 2 Gigs, I still pay less with 4 lines than I would with the newer plan. Though their service is much better than Sprint, who I had before. And they aint raping me like Verizon would be. 

You have to negotiate, you cant just expect them to hand them out. Thats what the video talks about. You need to go after the deals, you cant expect them to give them to you.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

1 minute ago, jagdtigger said:

Ugh that is brutal, youtube would chew that up after a few FHD video...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7zx0zol2zgtdp9/Screenshot_20181118_191920.png?dl=0

Well I have a 150 Mbps Comcast connection with a 1 TB cap. So Im taken care of. I dont watch videos on my phone or do much streaming. I mostly call, text, Facebook and surf the internet. Thats why this plan works for me and the 2 old people on my account. My sister on the other hand goes thru all her data, but not my problem. I could pay $10 a line more and go with the T Mobile One plan and get unlimited 3G, but it to me is not worth it. 

7 hours ago, YaBoiWill said:

Negative feedback loop that they're not going to break, it has to be you who breaks the cycle. 

Just move retailer and start with a blank score again 

Enough people doing that would deservedly break a company.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Well I have a 150 Mbps Comcast connection with a 1 TB cap. So Im taken care of. I dont watch videos on my phone or do much streaming. I mostly call, text, Facebook and surf the internet. Thats why this plan works for me and the 2 old people on my account. My sister on the other hand goes thru all her data, but not my problem. I could pay $10 a line more and go with the T Mobile One plan and get unlimited 3G, but it to me is not worth it. 

I thought that the mobile data was your main internet... :D (One of my family members cant get anything other.)

Just now, jagdtigger said:

I thought that the mobile data was your main internet... :D (One of my family members cant get anything other.)

No I live in a some what civilized area of Metro Detroit. 

5 hours ago, KuJoe said:

healthcare or other life impacting services (i.e. clean water, power, etc

You know for a fact they are using it, and insurance companies are using it too.

Just try to be as anonymous as you can be, which is hard to do with delivered items, but its not impossible. Its just the cost of being anonymous is not free, because even throw away credit cards cost a monthly fee in most cases.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:08 PM, Donut417 said:

How much does he pay? Cause the lowest plan for one line is like $60. He's not going to get service cheaper than what they advertise. 

ehh i really dont know specifics. all i know its that we have 5 lines and it usually ends up being $170 or more. maybe a bit less 

--Dominik W

(What else do you need, this is just a signature, plus I have them disabled 😅)

25 minutes ago, Dominik W. said:

ehh i really dont know specifics. all i know its that we have 5 lines and it usually ends up being $170 or more. maybe a bit less 

Well I pay about that for 4 lines and I only get about 2 Gigs 4G LTE a line. So.............. Id say your getting a deal for 5 lines. Even if it costed a bit more. 

Makes me think of my trip to Europe in May. I got much better service when I made an effort to learn to greet people in their native tongue. A little Czech goes a long way in Prague. We also got much better service than the obnoxious American tourists who came into a French bakery asking if they served cereal. 

I think it's only normal and expected for companies to treat their customers as well as the customers treat them. Good customers are going to get good service. 

7 hours ago, Canada EH said:

You know for a fact they are using it, and insurance companies are using it too.

Just try to be as anonymous as you can be, which is hard to do with delivered items, but its not impossible. Its just the cost of being anonymous is not free, because even throw away credit cards cost a monthly fee in most cases.

Healthcare cant really use it, as the price you pay is basically what your insurance wont cover and what hospital you go to, and insurance plans are generally risk-based, which has little to do with your consumer habits. If you go to the hospital a lot that will definitely impact your insurance though.

Spoiler

AXIOM

5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Healthcare cant really use it

Maybe not but Car insurance companies are using it. And in many areas that just as vital or more vital than health care. Why? Because its illegal to drive a care in Michigan without it. While there are people who do, they have a lot of explaining to do when they get caught. Not to mention what ever ticket they will get. Car instance companies also use Age, Gender and Credit rating to determine rates or if they will even insure you. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Maybe not but Car insurance companies are using it. And in many areas that just as vital or more vital than health care. Why? Because its illegal to drive a care in Michigan without it. While there are people who do, they have a lot of explaining to do when they get caught. Not to mention what ever ticket they will get. Car instance companies also use Age, Gender and Credit rating to determine rates or if they will even insure you. 

Theyve been doing that for years, and its a known fact. Theyre not using this consumer score for this, theyre using math to determine how profitable you are. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Why? Because its illegal to drive a care in Michigan without it.

You know what else is illegal, driving one mph over the speed limit.

Doesn't stop anyone from doing it, and its very easy to get away with it.

I  just changed my phone contract to 20GB 4.5G for 21.5 USD

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 minute ago, williamcll said:

20GB

Wow, I thought my 300MB was a lot for one month.

20GB gosh wowzers!

?

Must be video download non stop!

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Wow, I thought my 300MB was a lot for one month.

20GB gosh wowzers!

?

Must be video download non stop!

oh and they don't charge extra if you go over the limit, just put you on low piority.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

4 minutes ago, williamcll said:

oh and they don't charge extra if you go over the limit, just put you on low piority.

Must be the Mobilicity "Area" type "Virtual" cell phone company.

Either that or non North American ripoff central, its been confirmed in some news story.

Highest Cell Phone Rates

I pay $5/GB for ala carte menu cell service. 2nd tier major 4.

7 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Either that or non North American ripoff central, its been confirmed in some news story.

Highest Cell Phone Rates

Protip: I'm not in the states

1 minute ago, williamcll said:

Protip: I'm not in the states

Nor in Canada with your rate! ;)

Even African countries and Cuba get better rates then we

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Highest Cell Phone Rates

I gotta pay $60 AUD per 10GB block of 4G data that lasts me a measly 28 days if I want 4G Mobile Data from Hellstra (who're the only ones that service my town on the 700Mhz Band 28 freed from Analogue TV)...

Great if I'm going to be streaming to Twitch a lot, or upload a bunch of videos to YT for the month, but not worth it otherwise for my finances when I'm already paying $90 AUD/month for 350GB/month ADSL (8032/384 kbps down/up at that).

5 minutes ago, Technous285 said:

I gotta pay $60 AUD per 10GB block of 4G data that lasts me a measly 28 days if I want 4G Mobile Data from Hellstra (who're the only ones that service my town on the 700Mhz Band 28 freed from Analogue TV)...

Great if I'm going to be streaming to Twitch a lot, or upload a bunch of videos to YT for the month, but not worth it otherwise for my finances when I'm already paying $90 AUD/month for 350GB/month ADSL (8032/384 kbps down/up at that).

Wouldn't optus be a better deal?