Emulation Topic

bigmouthbob1

I think emulation should be a topic because a lot of people want to emulate but need help. It could even be a subtopic of PC gaming.

think this is too close to the "no piracy" part of the CoC to ever pass

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

30 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

CoC?

1 hour ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

CoC?

Community standards aka rules of this place. But whole subforum is nope. Too little content. You are free to make thread in PC gaming, but atm I don't see it getting that many replies that it would stay active. Which is one important part of getting it pinned.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, Bramimond said:

What is there to get help with? Install emulator. Done.

From the topics I've seen, its about graphic settings and getting controllers to work. As any talk about ROMs would be piracy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, Bramimond said:

What is there to get help with? Install emulator. Done.

It's not always that simple, as my own experience has dictated. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

On 11/16/2018 at 12:32 PM, bigmouthbob1 said:

I think emulation should be a topic because a lot of people want to emulate but need help. It could even be a subtopic of PC gaming.

PC Gaming or Programs, Apps, and Websites would be appropriate.

We don't get enough emulation-related threads to merit a full category, though.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:49 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

The ROMs themselves would be, but emulation in general usually isn't.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Emulation can be posted. We can't help you obtain ROM's, but we can certainly help you get the appropriate settings in place. If you have a bug, just detail what occurs and how to reproduce, and we might be able to fix it. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

6 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It's not always that simple, as my own experience has dictated. 

Really? Everything I've ever tried to emulate worked fine unless you're trying to emulate a relatively recent system. 

19 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Really? Everything I've ever tried to emulate worked fine unless you're trying to emulate a relatively recent system. 

I store my emulator on my server, and generally just open it from there on my main PC. I had another PC where I tried to open and use it, and it refused to load any game, even though the settings were exactly the same. And since it was one of those applications(ePSXe to be exact) that only runs, I see no reason why it shouldn't have worked. I tried changing settings, but to no avail.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

12 hours ago, corrado33 said:

You've obviously not had that much experience with PS2 emulation? Still pretty bumpy for a lot of games, despite the age of the system.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

I personally think that would be a pretty good idea, or it could be a subcategory under something like Linux.

12 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

You've obviously not had that much experience with PS2 emulation? Still pretty bumpy for a lot of games, despite the age of the system.

Even the PS3 doesn't have full compatibility for even launch titles. The Last Of Us for example.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

all emulation, even official emulation, is piracy. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

???

I didn't realize I was committing piracy by playing Mario Tennis on the 3DS. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

???

I didn't realize I was committing piracy by playing Mario Tennis on the 3DS. 

Yes. You should be in jail. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

/s or /jk? I'm pretty sure emulating free OS isn't piracy. Hail Android emulators and WINE.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

49 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

/s or /jk? I'm pretty sure emulating free OS isn't piracy. Hail Android emulators and WINE.

this is me mocking people who shit on emulators. 

Wine is not an emulator. 

I've won arguments on both sides of that one actually, fun to troll people with. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

this is me mocking people who shit on emulators. 

Wine is not an emulator. 

I've won arguments on both sides of that one actually, fun to troll people with. 

Hail Google, the pirate company. How dare they allow emulating Android in their Chrome browser.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

it also says trolling is against the rules but I see people troll on here day and day and get no punishment, so why do they care more about some rules then others. 

2 minutes ago, Master Jelly said:

it also says trolling is against the rules but I see people troll on here day and day and get no punishment, so why do they care more about some rules then others. 

therre is a difference between trolling and joking.. if we were not allowed to make jokes i would have deleted my account long ago

but there is also a fine line between jokes and spam, so i normally make a joke and then anwer the question in one post, so i never get maked with trolling for it because i am making the joke AND helping at once

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

14 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

therre is a difference between trolling and joking.. if we were not allowed to make jokes i would have deleted my account long ago

but there is also a fine line between jokes and spam, so i normally make a joke and then anwer the question in one post, so i never get maked with trolling for it because i am making the joke AND helping at once

oh so they have like a meter for how you can troll. not just trolling in general 

Just now, Master Jelly said:

oh so they have like a meter for how you can troll. not just trolling in general 

idk how it works, i just dont see why they would get mad at you if you make a joke while being helpful. cause Linus is a pretty funny guy so i do not think he will say “i will make good jokes, but you peasants cannot”

i just dont see him saying that

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧