Hello there good people! ?
So I am looking for a laptop as the time came to upgrade from an old 2nd gen i5 to something fresh and sleek.
My friend recommended me the Xiaomi Mi Gaming laptop with a i7 6-core, 16GB RAM and a gtx 1060. LINK
The laptop on it's own is absolutely gorgeus (atleast for me) but the one concern I'm having with it is the battery life...
I want to buy a laptop that could work on battery alone for some time as I'd use it for coding and studies but also be capable of gaming.
It has a 60Wh battery and from what I've heard it's battery last about 5/5.5 hours and I don't know if it's enough in the long run.

Here are my questions for you.

• How much would a potencial undervolting or just limiting the CPU clocks with the advanced power plan to meybe 50% of it'2. s capability extend the battery life?
  • Could you meybe recommend some other laptops (with simillar price) that carry some power but don't flash the red GAMING theme everywhere?

Also if you're an owner of a Xiaomi Gaming Laptop with the 8th gen CPU please let me know, I'd really like to talk and get some feedback. ?

The y730 can be had for very close to the same price and same specs. Looks almost identical once the rgb is set to single color and has better customer service and consistant quality control.

That being said the mi gaming has good reviews, never touched one though.

11 hours ago, Karoool said:
  • How much would a potencial undervolting or just limiting the CPU clocks with the advanced power plan to meybe 50% of it'2. s capability extend the battery life?
  • Could you meybe recommend some other laptops (with simillar price) that carry some power but don't flash the red GAMING theme everywhere?

Undervolting will slightly increase battery life, however there are a few tweaks as well to increase battery life

Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Undervolting will slightly increase battery life, however there are a few tweaks as well to increase battery life

Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

I'm from Poland, I want a laptop upto like 4600zł which is about 1213$ US (1$=3.79zł according to google), when it comes to weight it's really not an issue, but I don't want a bulky laptop, in terms of battery life it would be nice to see meybe 7/8 hours? The more the better ?

Also 6 cores aint necessary, 4 cores will do, I just want atleast 16GB of RAM.

On 11/16/2018 at 7:18 PM, Karoool said:

7/8 hours

Very hard to achieve in gaming/performance laptops. Might want a regular laptop/Ultrabook

On 11/16/2018 at 7:18 PM, Karoool said:

I'm from Poland

Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

On 11/16/2018 at 5:03 AM, Karoool said:

Could you meybe recommend some other laptops (with simillar price) that carry some power but don't flash the red GAMING theme everywhere?

Dell G5 / G7 are non red 

On 11/16/2018 at 5:22 AM, markr54632 said:

The y730 can be had for very close to the same price and same specs. Looks almost identical once the rgb is set to single color and has better customer service and consistant quality control.

Y730 only comes with 1050ti atm