Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lance Gaming

Computer not showing up on LAN. Can't ping other devices.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I cannot connect to my printer nor to any other devices on my LAN. However internet is working completely fine. I can ping nothing but my router. I have a windows 10 pro computer.

Please help!

33 minutes ago, Lance Gaming said:

I cannot connect to my printer nor to any other devices on my LAN. However internet is working completely fine. I can ping nothing but my router. I have a windows 10 pro computer.

Please help!

I've had similar problems before when the computer I want to access is set to a public network. Try setting it to private if you don't already have it on that.

Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, sasamifan said:

I've had similar problems before when the computer I want to access is set to a public network. Try setting it to private if you don't already have it on that.

its already a private network

Is the PC connected to a wireless guest network? Is the PC plugged into a DMZ port on the router?

By default both of those are configured to not allow devices to talk to each other. 

Doing multicast and broadcast packet delivery on 802.11 networks is tricky, and many products are buggy in this area. These bugs that break broadcast break ARP, which relies on broadcast. That breakage often means some device can’t successfully use ARP to find the MAC address of the local IP address it wants to ping, so it can’t send the ping request because it can’t find a MAC address to put in the packet’s MAC-layer headers.

One way to see if this is the problem is to temporarily disable wireless security on the network and move all the wireless devices involved to within 3m of the AP. If pings work fine then, then your problem is probably buggy 802.11 multicast/broadcast implementations.